Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

10 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

QB Kyle Shurmur added to the practice squad according to the Virginian-Pilot. They also report that Fitz will be out at least three weeks.

5 dimensional chess: We brought in Kyle Shurmur to prep the team for Pat Shurmur becoming our OC in the middle of the season if Scott Turner gets canned.

54 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Everyone's talking about Heinicke, but Kyle Allen just got his foot back in the door after being seemingly shut out behind the playoff starter and the free agent signing. Allen is one brittle Heinicke away from being a starter again.

Problem is the moment he put that foot in the door, it broke.

Edited by PartyPosse

Arizona Cardinals - Murray - 1st
Atlanta Falcons - Ryan - 1st 
Baltimore Ravens - Jackson - 1st
Buffalo Bills - Allen - 1st
Carolina Panthers - Darnold - 1st
Chicago Bears - Dalton - 2nd - Soon to be replaced by Fields - 1st 
Cincinnati Bengals - Burrow - 1st
Cleveland Browns - Mayfield - 1st
Dallas Cowboys - Prescott - 4th
Denver Broncos - Bridgewater - 1st 
Detroit Lions - Goff - 1st
Green Bay Packers - Rodgers - 1st
Houston Texans - Watson - 1st
Indianapolis Colts - Wentz - 1st
Jacksonville Jaguars - Lawrence - 1st
Kansas City Chiefs - Mahomes - 1st
Las Vegas Raiders - Carr - 2nd
Los Angeles Chargers - Herbert - 1st
Los Angeles Rams - Stafford - 1st
Miami Dolphins - Tua - 1st
Minnesota Vikings - Cousins - 4th
New England Patriots - Jones - 1st
New Orleans Saints - Winston - 1st
New York Giants - Jones - 1st
New York Jets - Wilson - 1st
Philadelphia Eagles - Hurts - 2nd
Pittsburgh Steelers - Roethlisberger- 1st
San Francisco 49ers - Garrapolo 2nd - Soon to be replaced by Lance - 1st
Seattle Seahawks - Wilson - 4th***
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Brady - 6th***
Tennessee Titans - Tannehill - 1st
**Washington Football Team - Heinicke - UFA**

78% of the starting (and soon to be) QB's in this league are 1st rounders.

Out of the 7 that are not 1st rounders, Brady and Wilson are exceptions that are future Hall of Famers. Dak is above average, Carr and Cousins are about average, and the jury is still out on Hurts.

We are the only team starting an UFA at QB.

Go through that list and try to pick one QB you would take Heineke over. Maybe the only one is Goff, and possibly Daniel Jones.

I love Heinicke's story as much as anyone, and he is the best option we got right now. But as of today, we have a bottom 3 starting QB in the NFL at best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Arizona Cardinals - Murray - 1st
Atlanta Falcons - Ryan - 1st 
Baltimore Ravens - Jackson - 1st
Buffalo Bills - Allen - 1st
Carolina Panthers - Darnold - 1st
Chicago Bears - Dalton - 2nd - Soon to be replaced by Fields - 1st 
Cincinnati Bengals - Burrow - 1st
Cleveland Browns - Mayfield - 1st
Dallas Cowboys - Prescott - 4th
Denver Broncos - Bridgewater - 1st 
Detroit Lions - Goff - 1st
Green Bay Packers - Rodgers - 1st
Houston Texans - Watson - 1st
Indianapolis Colts - Wentz - 1st
Jacksonville Jaguars - Lawrence - 1st
Kansas City Chiefs - Mahomes - 1st
Las Vegas Raiders - Carr - 2nd
Los Angeles Chargers - Herbert - 1st
Los Angeles Rams - Stafford - 1st
Miami Dolphins - Tua - 1st
Minnesota Vikings - Cousins - 4th
New England Patriots - Jones - 1st
New Orleans Saints - Winston - 1st
New York Giants - Jones - 1st
New York Jets - Wilson - 1st
Philadelphia Eagles - Hurts - 2nd
Pittsburgh Steelers - Roethlisberger- 1st
San Francisco 49ers - Garrapolo 2nd - Soon to be replaced by Lance - 1st
Seattle Seahawks - Wilson - 4th***
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Brady - 6th***
Tennessee Titans - Tannehill - 1st
**Washington Football Team - Heinicke - UFA**

78% of the starting (and soon to be) QB's in this league are 1st rounders.

Out of the 7 that are not 1st rounders, Brady and Wilson are exceptions that are future Hall of Famers. Dak is above average, Carr and Cousins are about average, and the jury is still out on Hurts.

We are the only team starting an UFA at QB.

Go through that list and try to pick one QB you would take Heineke over. Maybe the only one is Goff, and possibly Daniel Jones.

I love Heinicke's story as much as anyone, and he is the best option we got right now. But as of today, we have a bottom 3 starting QB in the NFL at best.

Too be fair, we did first round draft pick at QB, he just choose the strip club instead. 

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Heinicke Haterz: "NOOOOO it doesn't matter that Heinicke led us to a 12-5 record and a first-round bye he doesn't have the arm strength, now that teams have a full season's worth of tape they're going to figure him out, ughhhhh nooooooo"

Crying Wojak | Know Your Meme

I literally have not seen one person on this forum 'hate' on Heineke, and I've watched folks legitimately hate on pretty much every QB to take a snap for this team for the past however many years.

I think everyone that's not sold on Heineke's ability to take a team to the playoffs would be really, really happy if he actually did.

Yet, I bet for the few of you that are really gung ho about his prospects, if he doesn't play well - you won't be eating your words or calling out the 'haters'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Would you say maybe, that his "improv ability" may make it harder for other teams and DC's to gameplan against him, versus a guy who stays put in the pocket and is predictable, etc ?

So maybe, even with teams getting a chance to watch more film on him, study him, and game-plan and adjust for him, won't necessarily negate his positive traits - since he's so freakin unpredictable ?

Not just his mobility, but his vision. His ability to speed through 5 reads, is off the charts according to some coaches.

Based on what I saw in camp his accuracy is good but nothing special -- as Heinicke himself said, not hot to the the left.  His arm strength is meh.  And he could stare at times at his targets.

But in an actual game IMO his ability to dodge pressure and make plays on the move is Romo-Russell Wilson level special.  That I think is his game.  He's kind of like Zach Wilson but without the rocket arm IMO.  I think he can make a living doing it if he can learn ala Russell Wilson how to get down and avoid getting hit.  Zach is a bigger guy, but he got hurt in college. 

I am not saying he's an injury waiting to happen.  But I also can't shrug it off and say no worries.  I think this is a golden opportunity for him to prove he can win some games and can stay healthy.

His strengths IMO are he's smart, works hard, throws well with anticipation, knows the Turner playbook like the back of his hand and can make off script plays with the best of them.

As for game planning, I am not sure.  Thus far, he's been a surprise starter in every game thus far.   Heck even for the Giants game, they likely prepared already some for Fitz in advance because of the short week so they might not be fully ready for him.  That Buffalo game should be really interesting.  They have a sharp defensive coordinator and have plenty of time to prepare. 

To your point, can they prepare for improvisition?  Not sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Good point, and remember, Tom Brady has won as many games starting for WFT as my Dad.

I’m all in for a good laugh buuuuuut….Dude has been in and out of the league for 4 years and has won zero games.  Zero. 

He’s started 2 games and been hurt in both.  You do what you want but I’m going to temper my enthusiasm.  (And hope like Hell for a dub Thursday night.) 😎

Never expected to write on this forum so early in the season. Let's just call it like it is.

Expecting Fitz to come in here as the starting QB was a terrible planning mistake. Just bone-headed through and through.

The choice was pretty clear after the TB loss: roll with Heine and bring in a 3-4th rounder if he fails. If both of them fail then start searching for a FA.

QB is always a pressing need in this league. 

• Like 3