Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

15 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Arm is quite sore at vaccination site.  Body temperature slightly elevated, but still less than the average human; still feels feverish to me.

It's coming for you....this is how it started for me. The 12 hour mark is when the slightly feverish feelings started before feeling like I got hit by a bus and couldn't sleep :ols: 

Just now, Barry.Randolphe said:

It's coming for you....this is how it started for me. The 12 hour mark is when the slightly feverish feelings started before feeling like I got hit by a bus and couldn't sleep :ols: 

Just crossed the 17 hour mark.  I want to curl up in a blanket with a sippy cup.

• Like 6

I've been watching the covid count for Virginia the past few days....it looks like the immunity is kicking in and cases are dropping. In Arlington Co, the 7 day average is now in the teens and we've had back to back days of single digit new cases...it's also dropping quite a bit in Fairfax Co

• Like 4

Just saw Dick Cheney’s cardiologist on CNN. He said he wishes the CDC would say that you are immune if you’ve been vaccinated and that you don’t need to wear a mask indoors. But he understands that the current guidance is given with unvaccinated people in mind.

He said that out of 95 million people who’ve been vaccinated, there have only been 9000 symptomatic cases. That’s 99.991 percent immune.

Just passing this along, in hopes to give even more confidence to people that have had their shots. He also mentioned that every person who has died was an unvaccinated person. Hope everyone here will get vaccinated. 😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Just saw Dick Cheney’s cardiologist on CNN. He said he wishes the CDC would say that you are immune if you’ve been vaccinated and that you don’t need to wear a mask indoors. But he understands that the current guidance is given with unvaccinated people in mind.

He said that out of 95 million people who’ve been vaccinated, there have only been 9000 symptomatic cases. That’s 99.991 percent immune.

Just passing this along, in hopes to give even more confidence to people that have had their shots. He also mentioned that every person who has died was an unvaccinated person. Hope everyone here will get vaccinated. 😊

I hear the 99.991 percent immune and I have questions.  I got vaccinated as soon as I could.  I make, what I feel are, educated decisions on risk based activities.  I’m out and about, but my behavior isn’t too different than it was pre-vaccine.  I don’t believe I’m putting myself at risk to get COVID.  So while these numbers are excellent, I do wonder how much of it is because people are not putting themselves in COVID’s way.  If that makes sense.

• Like 1

I was totally fine after 2nd dose (Pfizer). I didn't feel too bad. Felt like a normal day in the life of me. I did notice my joints were all sorer than normal but...

Again... I feel some variation of that stuff daily and I thought that was normal and all people felt like that.

So... I'm realizing I'm not normal.

Thanks everyone for making me feel that revelation. Felt totally like a normal human until I read threads like these :ols:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 5/4/2021 at 2:48 PM, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

That's not strictly true.  Although there are typically serious underlying medical conditions that contribute.

• Like 1