Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can WFT beat the Steelers?

TheShredder

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just found out, that our FOX game on Monday Night, is NOT a nationwide game.

Only select markets.

Matter of fact, the majority of the nation will NOT get it on FOX.

Link?

I'm local, so I'll get to see it, but why wouldn't it at least be on NFL network on a simulcast?  

14 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Link?

I'm local, so I'll get to see it, but why wouldn't it at least be on NFL network on a simulcast?  

For anyone who needs to watch this out-of-market battle against the Steelers, like me in Seattle...  Please see the "how do I watch games online" thread as I solely rely on the reddit streams to watch each game.

With that said, I have a feeling that we will win this game.  Not a homer (who actually is here on es?).  But it's 2020 and the Steelers are ripe for a letdown.

Book it!

16 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

For anyone who needs to watch this out-of-market battle against the Steelers, like me in Seattle...  Please see the "how do I watch games online" thread as I solely rely on the reddit streams to watch each game.

With that said, I have a feeling that we will win this game.  Not a homer (who actually is here on es?).  But it's 2020 and the Steelers are ripe for a letdown.

Book it!

Yeah, I found it the info.  Kind of weird that this is the one time its not national.  Steelers are a national draw (second to Dallas) and are undefeated.  Every other moved game has been national from what I understand.

5 hours ago, wit33 said:

What do guys think about empty sets playing a role throughout the game? 

Make their backers play in space and have to cover. The team appears to be in process of working to be an offense with many different faces: can pound it, spread you out, use backs in the passing game, and sprinkle Mcclaurin throughout. 

One of the frustrating things about the 3-4 in my time watching the team was the inability to attack spread attacks (it seemed in my laymen view, I understand the team wasn’t very good). Smith seems comfortable in this set.  

I don't like this plan at all simply because Alex is not mobile enough to let the other team know we are definitely going to pass. ....I get what you're selling but whenever we go naked I feel like Alex is a sitting duck. What I do like is using AG and McKissic a lot on quick hitters...add Sims Jr. to that too. And then taking shots at Terry down field. We win this game if our defense stays disciplined and dominates the 2nd half like they've been doing. 

1 hour ago, petey hodge said:

Book it!

statistically, these two teams are similar...even down to the stronger play in the second half of games. Advantage to Ben is his choice of weapons and Pitts secondary. Washington will give them pressure they haven’t seen all year, so I expect to see the same short passing and run plays they did against Bmore. They haven’t faced a second half attack this season and they have been down in some games.

this game has upset written all over it.

2 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Kind of weird that this is the one time its not national. 

I don't really see it as unusual, for a bunch of reasons :

* It's not considered the original, or main MNF game - that would be SF vs BUF

* Its original game and scheduled day and time on Sunday, would not have been national

* MNF games typically aren't national - that would be SNF

* We ARE still the WFT - still seen by most of society as an 'unwatchable team' :)

8 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Chicken.

When we're "too chicken" to run the ball, we lose ;)

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

* Its original game and scheduled day and time on Sunday, would not have been national

* We ARE still the WFT - still seen by most of society as an 'unwatchable team' :)

Agree on points 1,2, and 4.  Point 3 is wrong, as far as I know.  Monday Night Football has been nationally telecast since around 1970.

9 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Agree on points 1,2, and 4.  Point 3 is wrong, as far as I know.  Monday Night Football has been nationally telecast since around 1970.

Not in the sense that I am referring to. I meant in the context of Network TV, including ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX.

MNF is no longer that type of television.

On nfl.com

MONDAY, DEC. 7

Washington Football Team 20, Pittsburgh Steelers 17

The Thanksgiving and spotlight games of Week 12 felt heavy, featuring a number of teams that appeared worn down by the weight of this season. That included the Steelers, whose own COVID issues were compounded by a late ACL injury to pass rusher Bud Dupree on Wednesday evening. The rested Football Team has competed admirably all year, with game changers Terry McLaurin and Antonio Gibson playing their best ball since Alex Smith took over. I want to see Smith help topple the last undefeated team, and I want to see his postgame interview at 5 p.m. PT on a Monday afternoon.

On 12/3/2020 at 11:49 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Chicken.

When we're "too chicken" to run the ball, we lose ;)

It's not that we quickly laid an egg and must play the air game?

The reason it is not nationally televised has to do with a minimum number of games needing to be offered on Sunday Ticket / Red Zone

On defense, to beat the Steelers, you have to not give up the big TD to Claypool. You have to be in nickel or dime the whole game and dare the Steelers to beat you with Benny Snell. You have to also throw exotic blitzes at Ben. He gets rid of the ball so quickly that, to create pressure, you will have to do things like shoot Bostic up the A gap and bring Curl at him

Archived