Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Cincinnati Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

REMINDER

Today's game is on CBS & to keep any & all politics out of here

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 12.12.18 PM.png

1 minute ago, Capsman said:

And you revealed yourself as knowing little.  He's a mediocre player.  When you invest that much into a d-line at the expense of other areas of need, you better have studs, not mediocre players.  Yes our linebackers stink but he's not good enough to make them look better.  But hey, maybe you could petition the WFT to bring back Bruce Allen.

Payne has basically been the only guy on the line that is earning his job.  I don't think that you and I are watching the same player.

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Everybody ****ting on the defense, but we are much better in every statistical category compared to last year. 

1st in pass yards allowed per game. 5th in total sacks. 11th in points allowed. 

Relax people. 

We were historically bad last year. We still suck.

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

Right but everyone is complaining about the defense. 

Because Burrow being good has nothing to do with guys running open and the DL getting no push with their zero burst. Both things can be true, Burrow getting rid of the ball quickly doesn’t invalidate any criticism of the defense lol 

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Yeah, I mean I don't see how they're okay with this.  Maybe they're not and just doing what they can with what they have, but this is just pathetic.

I think they absolutely know what they are doing and what they have, and I think they're so exasperated with it, they just don't know what to do.

Bostic is SO bad in coverage, he literally runs the opposite way of the receivers.  

It's tough to make water out of wine when the entire middle of your defense sucks.  

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Agreed. There is a substantial amount of nitpicking of Turner who comparatively is making some things happen with a tiny bit of talent, a mediocre OL, and a pegleg QB. People are of course noticing the bad defense but I just see much more confusion than hate like Turner’s gotten. 

Maybe it’s the nature of fans to blame the OC for playcalls when the offensive production isn’t there but blame the players for their performance when the defensive production isn’t there? 

Agreed.  I have been a vocal critic of Turner but have to admit that overall the play calling has been much better the past couple of weeks.  He's made adjustments which is what you want to see from a young OC.  Our defense is getting shredded today and I think the tempo and quick passes have a lot to do with it.  It's a miracle we are up 7 to 6 at this point and we need both sides of the ball to make some adjustments at half time but especially our defense.  

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Yeah, I mean I don't see how they're okay with this.  Maybe they're not and just doing what they can with what they have, but this is just pathetic.

I think their lack of attention to the linebacker position was MUCH more egregious than what we did at quarterback, for what it's worth.

I really, honestly, truly mean that. If I am going to fault this regime for personnel it's their horrendous management of the linebacker position. Not a SINGLE draft pick. No free agent signings aside from an older Thomas Davis who was brought in to mentor.

I'm really frustrated by that. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Because Burrow being good has nothing to do with guys running open and the DL getting no push with their zero burst. Both things can be true, Burrow getting rid of the ball quickly doesn’t invalidate any criticism of the defense lol 

Ok. 👍 I also said they have good receivers. Does that not count for the guys running open?

Archived