Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Cincinnati Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

REMINDER

Today's game is on CBS & to keep any & all politics out of here

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 12.12.18 PM.png

Just now, rumplestilskin said:

It would be nice if we would try to establish the run. Jeez

No.  That's absolutely the wrong thing to do.  

You have to know yourself.  

They are a TERRIBLE running team.  They need to abandon the run and be aggressive, which is when they are most effective.  This trash balanced offense stuff is a problem.  Don't be balanced.  Substitute the short pass for the run, and be aggressive.  

And don't, for the love of God, run on second and long.

It's the same thing over and over.  DON'T DO THINGS TO PUT YOURSELF INTO A KNOWN PASSING SITUATION.  You almost KNOW if you run on 2nd and 5+ you are going to have a 3d down.  It's similar to what Jay did for ages by running for 0 to -2 yards on every first down for 6 years.  You put yourself in known passing situations, which we are not good enough to do.

Screw it.  Throw the run game out the window except as a change of pace.  Just throw the ball baby.  

I would sing a different tune if they had shown any ability to run the ball against any team against Dallas.  But they haven't.  So don't try it.  

17 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Ok. 👍 I also said they have good receivers. Does that not count for the guys running open?

Sure, but a good defense can contain good WRs more than we are. I have lost track of what you’re even arguing, the defense is performing poorly. Are you disputing that? 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Those Young highlights are nice but is he gonna get a sack vs a starting OL? 

See? I told you guys.

No matter what he does, sacks are the only thing that matters to some people.

Forget the fact he's been the best player for this team so far today, aside from maybe McLaurin.

Forget that on the play he forced the fumble on the what would have been Burrow TD run he was TRIPLE TEAMED and kept fighting.

None of that matters. 

Let's talk about the fact that he doesn't have a gd sack. 

It's a real ****ty take.

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  That's absolutely the wrong thing to do.  

You have to know yourself.  

They are a TERRIBLE running team.  They need to abandon the run and be aggressive, which is when they are most effective.  This trash balanced offense stuff is a problem.  Don't be balanced.  Substitute the short pass for the run, and be aggressive.  

And don't, for the love of God, run on second and long.

It's the same thing over and over.  DON'T DO THINGS TO PUT YOURSELF INTO A KNOWN PASSING SITUATION.  You almost KNOW if you run on 2nd and 5+ you are going to have a 3d down.  It's similar to what Jay did for ages by running for 0 to -2 yards on every first down for 6 years.  You put yourself in known passing situations, which we are not good enough to do.

Screw it.  Throw the run game out the window except as a change of pace.  Just throw the ball baby.  

I would sing a different tune if they had shown any ability to run the ball against any team against Dallas.  But they haven't.  So don't try it.  

So, you're saying that we should run more?

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

See? I told you guys.

No matter what he does, sacks are the only thing that matters to some people.

Forget the fact he's been the best player for this team so far today, aside from maybe McLaurin.

Forget that on the play he forced the fumble on the what would have been Burrow TD run he was TRIPLE TEAMED and kept fighting.

None of that matters. 

Let's talk about the fact that he doesn't have a gd sack. 

It's a real ****ty take.

Im not saying hes been bad. But well need him to be even better.

Archived