Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Cincinnati Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

REMINDER

Today's game is on CBS & to keep any & all politics out of here

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 12.12.18 PM.png

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Everybody ****ting on the defense, but we are much better in every statistical category compared to last year. 

1st in pass yards allowed per game. 5th in total sacks. 11th in points allowed. 

Relax people. 

Unfortunately statistics don't win you games here.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I think their lack of attention to the linebacker position was MUCH more egregious than what we did at quarterback, for what it's worth.

I really, honestly, truly mean that. If I am going to fault this regime for personnel it's their horrendous management of the linebacker position. Not a SINGLE draft pick. No free agent signings aside from an older Thomas Davis who was brought in to mentor.

I'm really frustrated by that. 

I think for quarterback Rivera was pretty stuck with Haskins.  I think you said something along the same lines that he basically had to give him four or so games simply because he was a top-fifteen pick the year before.

I didn't realize we didn't draft any backers.  THAT is insane.

I think their lack of attention to the linebacker position was MUCH more egregious than what we did at quarterback, for what it's worth.

I really, honestly, truly mean that. If I am going to fault this regime for personnel it's their horrendous management of the linebacker position. Not a SINGLE draft pick. No free agent signings aside from an older Thomas Davis who was brought in to mentor.

Yeah, it was malpractice.  

But I think that malpractice is going to be corrected this off-season.  I wouldn't be shocked if it's an entirely new group next year.  Like, flip the whole thing over.  

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’ve said this multiple times in various threads but I really think they expected Reuben Foster to be a key part of the LB Corp.

What is more baffling is that there were good free agent linebackers available this past offseason.  I truly do not understand why they didn't invest more in the position this offseason.  

6 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Everybody ****ting on the defense, but we are much better in every statistical category compared to last year. 

1st in pass yards allowed per game. 5th in total sacks. 11th in points allowed. 

Relax people. 

We haven’t really done anything on offense this season to force teams to go all out and play 60 minutes of high scoring football, especially in the passing game. Those stats are an illusion mostly, very misleading. And week 1 it turns out was an aberration and is padding that sack total big time. In general, raw counting stats like that are not good indicators. 

I am giving current Front Office and Coaches a pass this season - I want to see what they do this off season.  This team sucked last year and dumping money and such into this past off season would not have made sense.

But Ron needs to make progress moving forward.  So, I am going to be patient.

What this team has failed on is low round picks making big impact.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, it was malpractice.  

But I think that malpractice is going to be corrected this off-season.  I wouldn't be shocked if it's an entirely new group next year.  Like, flip the whole thing over.  

Won't be able to with the lower cap and some cap hits. Holcomb will stick and KPL may be our best bet to hold on to. 

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I’ve said this multiple times in various threads but I really think they expected Reuben Foster to be a key part of the LB Corp.

None of us did... We HOPED he'd be healthy, but how are people on this forum seeing the dude was a ways a way and hadn't played football for years and they didn't?

I said all off season that Reuben Foster should be looked at as a bonus and the position needed to be addressed regardless of him. 

Believing Foster could be the guy makes things even worse.

2 minutes ago, Long Time Fan said:

What is more baffling is that there were good free agent linebackers available this past offseason.  I truly do not understand why they didn't invest more in the position this offseason.  

Because it was a straight up rebuild/evaluation year. I wish one of the teams would have just blown everyone else out of the water and dominated the division so no one would be fooled by the hope of winning it.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Still an indictment on their decision-making, to rely on him at all would be foolish and very bad process. In this case it was also a very bad result. 

Archived