Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

20 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

sorry about the nerve, that sucks. as far as Elden Ring. do you have a PS5? If so, buy Elden Ring used for the PS4 and get a free upgrade. You can do the same thing with Horizon Forbidden West. 

Thanks, the back is getting better, I'm just getting old. Unfortunately, no PS4 or 5 here, just Xbox. I'll get Elden Ring soon enough.

18 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Yes, but those quizzes are always on a certain day of the week. Keep earning long enough and you will start to recognize the layout of those quizzes where the correct answer is needed on the first guess. Versus quizzes where you can keep guessing until you get it right.

And I've only recently found that sub reddit. So clutch! Even google has trouble answering what hemisphere a national park is in internationally...

r/MicrosoftRewards will post the correct answers for all the quizzes.

Yes, that subreddit is a godsend! I'm usually pretty good with trivia, but I don't know how most people could know these answers off the top of their head.

On 8/5/2022 at 8:56 PM, FootballZombie said:

I thought Ghost was a marvelous game and would recommend it to anyone, and I really only remember two real complaints of any sizable merit.

1.) The game is constantly hitting the down notes narrative wise, in both the story and side quests. You don't get enough "positives" to justify the narrative "negatives." This leads to a bit of an emotional flatline instead of an emotional roller coaster it could have been. While the game narrative can make you feel, your constantly feeling many of the same emotions from the narrative in vastly unequal quantities. I don't think the game needed to be a happy-fun-time adventure but I can't count how many sidequests ended with you returning to the quest giver with the exact same news about their family. Seriously, it had to be 10-to-1. The story itself was excellent, it just focused too heavily on negative emotions without enough positive emotions to have any hope of contrasting them.

2.) The game is so pretty it hurts itself. After showing you a jaw dropping world painted with all the colors of the rainbow for most of the game, the devs then saw fit to then throw you up into the mountains for a large swath of the game where everything is almost exclusively white. Thought that was a poor design choice. Spent the entire time wanting to go back to the previous colorful wonderlands.

Otherwise, absolutely fantastic. Very liberating, exciting to play and a joy to watch. Loved introducing dudes to Sakai Steel and it introduced so many amazing and well thought out mechanics.

-The call out duel mechanic? *chef kiss*

-The guiding wind itself as a directional waypoint aid?! 

image.jpeg.7a1588e34cc369cc53cacac06957432e.jpeg

9/10.

Just started this last week and I’m absolutely loving it so far. One of the few games in recent years that has me itching to play.

Returnal is fantastic! So smooth and fast. It definitely feels like a new gen game. It’s hard but not as bad as people make it out to be. 

The souls games I grow bored with just because you get stuck in an area playing the same thing over and over with the same enemies. Returnal is a bit different in that the room sequences change every time you do a run. It keeps it interesting. 

Not only that, but every time you play you find something new or see something you haven’t seen before. It stays interesting.

Yes, you always have to start at the beginning when you die, but after the first biome is done, you will learn how to get to other biomes way faster. 

It took 5 tries to beat the boss of the first biome. 

The first biome was much harder than the second. I ran through the second biome on the first try with no problem and beat its boss.

3rd biome turns into a bullet hell. I’ve tried 3x to get through, but haven’t made it to the end yet. 

I highly recommend the game

It’sa game on PS+ right now

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Returnal is fantastic! So smooth and fast. It definitely feels like a new gen game. It’s hard but not as bad as people make it out to be. 

The souls games I grow bored with just because you get stuck in an area playing the same thing over and over with the same enemies. Returnal is a bit different in that the room sequences change every time you do a run. It keeps it interesting. 

Not only that, but every time you play you find something new or see something you haven’t seen before. It stays interesting.

Yes, you always have to start at the beginning when you die, but after the first biome is done, you will learn how to get to other biomes way faster. 

It took 5 tries to beat the boss of the first biome. 

The first biome was much harder than the second. I ran through the second biome on the first try with no problem and beat its boss.

3rd biome turns into a bullet hell. I’ve tried 3x to get through, but haven’t made it to the end yet. 

I highly recommend the game

It’sa game on PS+ right now

Is that your first experience with a rogue lite type of game?

Also I bet it's easier for you than people made it out to be because initially they didn't have any way to save.

Edited by purbeast

46 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Is that your first experience with a rogue lite type of game?

Also I bet it's easier for you than people made it out to be because initially they didn't have any way to save.

Well, played The Binding of Isaac, but I wasn't a huge fan. I would say that was the only other one.

The save feature only helps so much at the point I'm at. Maybe after Biome 3, it will become more useful.

4 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Well, played The Binding of Isaac, but I wasn't a huge fan. I would say that was the only other one.

The save feature only helps so much at the point I'm at. Maybe after Biome 3, it will become more useful.

If you like the whole concept of the rogue lite I highly recommend Dead Cells and Hades.

I liked Dead Cells more and was addicted to it for a while but Hades is also great and the lore in it is awesome.

• Thanks 1

@Dont Taze Me Bro @Dr. Do Itch Big or any other ES Sony homies....

anybody picking up MW2 this fall?  I haven't bought a COD in several years but this new one looks friggin' awesome.  It's been a while and I'm ready to defecate on bammas. 

also, my wife just got a job working for EA Sports as a technical writer.  She's a gamer girl so that's pretty cool.  

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Make fun of me all you want but I’ve gotten into fortnite the last few weeks just as casual fun that I don’t have to take seriously. Sort of a palette cleaner after Elden Ring’s disappointment. It’s a super solid game that’s a lot of fun. They just added a DBZ event and last night as Temple of Doom Indiana Jones, I rode the nimbus cloud over top of this dude hiding in the bushes and hit him with a kamehameha blast to win the match. 

I don’t care it was awesome. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Chew said:

anybody picking up MW2 this fall?  I haven't bought a COD in several years but this new one looks friggin' awesome.  It's been a while and I'm ready to defecate on bammas. 

also, my wife just got a job working for EA Sports as a technical writer.  She's a gamer girl so that's pretty cool.  

I'm in broski!  Tell the wife congrats on the new job!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Make fun of me all you want but I’ve gotten into fortnite the last few weeks just as casual fun that I don’t have to take seriously. Sort of a palette cleaner after Elden Ring’s disappointment. It’s a super solid game that’s a lot of fun. They just added a DBZ event and last night as Temple of Doom Indiana Jones, I rode the nimbus cloud over top of this dude hiding in the bushes and hit him with a kamehameha blast to win the match. 

I downloaded but never played it.

My 7 year old nephew is really good at it. I've watched him play a bunch of fortnite the past few years. Definitely see the appeal. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chew said:

Im getting it. For nostalgia reasons. MW2 was the first cod game I ever played. I’m ready to welcome you back. I’m also excited for Warzone 2. Let’s get it. 

that’s hella dope for your wife. Ask her why they killed bf2042 :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I downloaded but never played it.

My 7 year old nephew is really good at it. I've watched him play a bunch of fortnite the past few years. Definitely see the appeal. 

same except I never saw the appeal until

they added a mode without all the building stuff. That was a great idea 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

same except I never saw the appeal until

they added a mode without all the building stuff. That was a great idea 

Yeah I never understood the building walls n stairs junk. 

Oh **** I'm in trouble and about to die. I know what will work. Stairs to nowhere. 😕

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2022 at 6:17 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I only started playing it in the last 6-8 months or so because some friends of friends were playing squads.  It is dumb fun to relax to on free evenings.  I like the fact that the learning curve is so small (at least for the standard team deathmatch mode) that you feel adequate pretty quick.  And then of course all the add on outfit stuff. My kids got mad the first time I just grabbed some vbucks for myself while they are always required to do chores or have a good progress report/report card for that.  :)

--------------------------------

Stray was a fun game.  I'd like to see what a bigger studio (or help from a bigger studio) could do with a sequel. About the halfway point I was feeling the game was starting to meander a bit, but the last two levels were really good and showed me the potential of what a bigger version of the game could really be with the right resources invested.

I got the game with PS+ premium which I upgraded too because Stray was $30 on it's own and the prorated PS premium upgrade was only $50 for a year so I figured why not.  So far the upgrade has been totally worth it.  I was skeptical at first, but there is a ton available for free or heavily discounted.  Now with that said I still don't know if I will renew it next June only because I still have a lack of time to play a lot of the games available, but then again next year my kids will be another year older and they are already gamers, and starting to show interest in some of "dad's games" so it might end up worth renewing for that reason alone.....which might even lead to me having to make a decision on purchasing a second PS5 "for the kids" 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

I've been doing the Microsoft Rewards for (not quite) a month now, I was about to net around 13k points for a little more than three weeks of ease. Some of those points were earned before I learned the ropes, once you figure it out, you'd be crazy not to take part in this "scheme". So far, I can pull in (on avg) 435 pts a day for a little more than 3k points a week, that will easily get you gift cards or a month of Gamepass. I'm not even a fan of Gamepass, but having it makes getting points even easier and allows you to buy some games at a discount...which you can also buy with points. If you have an Xbox and about 20 minutes to spare a day, I highly recommend doing this.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...