Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Anyone still playing Destiny 2?  I started it back up Sunday, but am completely lost.  I probably haven't played it in 2 years and everything is different.

Naw man that game goes way to hard in the paint with the FOMO for me these days. I'm back to my old addiction of Final Fantasy XIV 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Been playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey while out with Covid, and, ugh. Just doing it for story continuity bc I got Valhalla for free off Ps Plus. 

Still every bit the hack and slash grind  from Hell that I remember

Still haven't played ACO but its on gamepass now. Tempting. Been playing the clone of it tho, Immortals fenyx rising. Greek mythology nerds did a pretty good job with it.

This is one of the few remakes that I am interested in.  It looks sick and I can't imagine how awesome this game will sound/look on my setup compared to what I played it on back in the day.  Even back then I remember the atmosphere being incredible.  I don't remember anything about the story either.  Just hope there is a performance mode in 1080p cause there are some framerate hiccups in the game play but I'm not sure if it's the just the video or that is how the game is.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yeah that looks dope.

I hold out hope that one day someone will remake or even port Eternal Darkness from the GameCube. 

I still have my Dreamcast but I should have held on to my GameCube. 

Eternal Darkness was legit.  Though I do question how many of its sanity effects hold up today, given they were built around the technology of the time.  Some of those display effects that are mimicking some of the properties of a CRT TV won't play out as well.  Or how about the Controller Disconnect?

Anyways, if you just want to play the game again, load up Dolphin on your PC and play it in glorious HD.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

😮 now I have to look that up as I am not a pcmastergamer. Assume I'd want to get a controller rather than keyboard/mouse..

Yeah, a controller is preferable.  Nintendo released a 4-player USB adaptor some years ago to use gamecube controllers on a Wii U.  Dolphin should be able to work with that.  Also, it is a Wii emulator as well as Gamecube, and it has a bluetooth stack to connect with Wii controllers.

3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Yeah, a controller is preferable.  Nintendo released a 4-player USB adaptor some years ago to use gamecube controllers on a Wii U.  Dolphin should be able to work with that.  Also, it is a Wii emulator as well as Gamecube, and it has a bluetooth stack to connect with Wii controllers.

maths GIF

I'll figure it out. Thanks!

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

Naw man that game goes way to hard in the paint with the FOMO for me these days. I'm back to my old addiction of Final Fantasy XIV 

What data center/world? If you want a group to play with lmk. I might have mentioned that already, I forget. 

4 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Still haven't played ACO but its on gamepass now. Tempting. Been playing the clone of it tho, Immortals fenyx rising. Greek mythology nerds did a pretty good job with it.

Don't know about Valhalla, but it's the least "Assassin's" game ever made. And it's waaaay too long. It also has a very half baked dialogue system, that only manages to feel out of place.

• Sad 2

55 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

What data center/world? If you want a group to play with lmk. I might have mentioned that already, I forget. 

You may have and I forgot, but im def down to run some stuff! Just let me know. I dont get a lot of play time now with the kid, but we can make something happen. 

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/16952507/

Yes, my dude looks like he's trapped in the Disco Inferno. And I love it lol

Man I am so behind. Whatever my backlog was before, it's like 5x worse now. Been doing 12-14 hr shifts, and that **** just sapped my will to live. Been on autopilot since spring.

Time to not do ****, for at least 2 months 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Man I am so behind. Whatever my backlog was before, it's Luke 5x worse now. Been doing 12-14 he shifts, and that **** just sapped my will to live. Been on autopilot since spring.

Time to not do ****, for at least 2 months 

I wish I could have taken some time off between jobs.  Especially with all the leave I hadn't been using over pandemic times.  Enjoy your recharge time.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Don't know about Valhalla, but it's the least "Assassin's" game ever made. And it's waaaay too long. It also has a very half baked dialogue system, that only manages to feel out of place.

You been busy so maybe you didn’t see they are kinda sorta resetting the series with the next game Mirage. Going 100 years before the first AC and set in Baghdad, returning to roots and focusing on assassins and stealth in a smaller sized map while dropping RPG elements. 

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/assassins-creed-mirage-sounds-like-a-fantastic-return-to-the-roots-of-the-series/1100-6507322/

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You been busy so maybe you didn’t see they are kinda sorta resetting the series with the next game Mirage. Going 100 years before the first AC and set in Baghdad, returning to roots and focusing on assassins and stealth in a smaller sized map while dropping RPG elements. 

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/assassins-creed-mirage-sounds-like-a-fantastic-return-to-the-roots-of-the-series/1100-6507322/

tumblr_m4u58qLNvu1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

All these years of suffering....

It's finally over.

• Haha 3

On 10/4/2022 at 12:42 PM, PokerPacker said:

Hypothetically where does one fine the games (iso's??)?

The same place as the emulator? Also, file size wise are talking rather large files?

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Hypothetically where does one fine the games (iso's??)?

The same place as the emulator? Also, file size wise are talking rather large files?

Personally, I ripped mine from my disc.  I'm afraid it's been awhile since I sailed the seven seas and the waters are unfamiliar these days, but you won't find it with the emulator.  Emulators themselves are on the up-and-up and don't want to get shutdown.  As for file size, gamecube games are pretty small given the size of storage people are using these days.  My Eternal Darkness rip is 1.4 GB.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I know one of you played that cat game. Fess up and tell me how it was 🔫 

im playing it now since it’s free on the mid level ps+. It’s fun. I like it so far. I love cats so the fact I can drink from water puddles and purr and smack other cats tails and stuff is a nice addition to the actual game of moving thru this advanced world. Im not super far into it tho 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1