Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

So far at least, the puzzles in TR are better IMO.  Much better dialogue and story in Uncharted.  Fighting and parkour I'd call a draw.

I just didn't like how TR went open world.  It became the same as every other open world game once they did that.  I preferred the linear story driven progression of those kinda games.

It's been years since I played Uncharted and actually never finished part 4 because at that point it was getting a bit stale to me, but I don't think there were truly any "great" puzzles in the Uncharted games.  Tomb Raider definitely had better puzzles.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 5:28 PM, PokerPacker said:

Anyone picking up Bayonetta 3 tomorrow?  Just in time for Halloween weekend.

I'll def be playing my way thru it at some point, but I'll have to wait until I can get together w/ my Bro so it probably won't be on launch day.

I have all the faith in the world that it is another quality entry into the series.

I don't even care about reviews of that game I know it will be more of the same as the previous one, which was fantastic.

I haven't even seen any media/footage of that game other than the initial trailer.  I plan to keep it that way until I'm finished with it.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I don't even care about reviews of that game I know it will be more of the same as the previous one, which was fantastic.

I haven't even seen any media/footage of that game other than the initial trailer.  I plan to keep it that way until I'm finished with it.

that’s really the only criticism anyone seems to have. It’s not different enough. I’m fine with that, first game was a masterpiece. More of the same please 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2022 at 9:25 PM, bearrock said:

Is there a downside to getting games on Epic or GOG vs steam?  Looking to pick up RDR2, CP2077, and Spiderman.  RDR2 looks good at 20 on Epic and CP 2077 looks good at 30 on GOG.  Or should I wait for BF?

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't anything but your preference for which company's system you use to play them. I used to keep up with 200+ people for organized game events, so Steam was always my preferred one for how easily I can communicate and organize with people. I hardly keep up with anyone from those times, but now it's down to me not wanting to split my games into a bunch of different libraries. Even though I get the 2 free Epic games offers per week and save them to my library, I have yet to try it.

GOG is better for older games that need adapting to modern systems iirc, but that's about it. I guess Steam might have a bit more to offer for Linux users, but I only say that because Steam is the only company I've seen advertise about it.

One nice thing about Steam is that certain games will say which multiplayer server your friends are playing, and let you connect directly to that server if there's room. I don't know if GOG or Epic have that same feature.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Speaking of hack-and-slash games, I was a bit disappointed by Bayonetta 3.  It was still a solid hack-and-slash, but the addition of the demon-slave mechanic really detracted from the flow of combat, and normally difficult fights became a matter of calling in your own gigantic demon to kick the ass of the gigantic {angel, demon, homunculus}, rather than having to combo and dodge your way through the fight like you would in the first two games.

And story...

Spoiler

What the **** was that?  Were we playing as little Cereza from Bayonetta 2 all grown up?  If so, what happened to the Bayonetta we played as in 1/2 that taught her not to be a cry-baby (because nobody likes crying babies).  Also, Jeanne getting killed off so easily?  Luka is a fairy now?  Bayonettas of all the universes getting themselves killed so easily because they kept turning their backs on an enemy?  Our Bayonetta dying (well, technically breaking her Witch amulet and being dragged to hell as per the conditions of a witch's contract upon death) and being replaced by the dumb annoying clumsy wannabe punk-rock chick who is now calling herself Bayonetta who has none of the Posh charm and confidence of the Bayonetta that drives the character action game?  I don't think I'm interested in a Bayonetta 4 if Viola is supposed to be the new Bayonetta.

On 10/24/2022 at 2:05 PM, purbeast said:

Dead to me.

Dead to me, although I do beg the question, if you didn't like it, why did you put 150 hours into it?

Ok, so over the past week, I've been playing Elden Ring again and I'm getting into it. Instead of trying to focus on a quest or trying to do a specific task, I just started walking and exploring. The game is much better if you just..."go". Also, I gained access to the hub world/base (name escapes me), so now I can buy some better spells and stuff. However, I gained a new buff...or debuff...thats the thing, I don't ****ing know! Whats the point of all of these icons giving me information about my character, if the information isn't available anywhere? Once again, I have to stop playing and look online. Hell, even the guides online don't know what all of this **** means. Its a constant problem that consistently irritates me, I don't know why they did the game this way. Lack of information is not a gameplay mechanic.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Ok, so over the past week, I've been playing Elden Ring again and I'm getting into it. Instead of trying to focus on a quest or trying to do a specific task, I just started walking and exploring. The game is much better if you just..."go". Also, I gained access to the hub world/base (name escapes me), so now I can buy some better spells and stuff. However, I gained a new buff...or debuff...thats the thing, I don't ****ing know! Whats the point of all of these icons giving me information about my character, if the information isn't available anywhere? Once again, I have to stop playing and look online. Hell, even the guides online don't know what all of this **** means. Its a constant problem that consistently irritates me, I don't know why they did the game this way. Lack of information is not a gameplay mechanic.

I know exactly what debuff you got and I didn't know I even had it until my buddy told me about it lol.  But yeah being cryptic about it is part of the way Fromsoft does stuff.  There is a reason there is a huge online presence for their games and wiki's for all of their games.  They definitely play into it.  Also apparently A LOT of information/story/lore for the game is actually in the game itself.  You just have to read the descriptions of all the items and stuff.  But ain't nobody got time for that!

As for going at your own pace, yep, that is what is so awesome about the game.  You can do whatever the F you want.  That's how I played it myself.  If I got somewhere that I was getting owned, I'd just go off and do my own thing to level up a bit and explore to find more items, etc.  Then I'd go back to the place and see what happens.  If I get owned again, I keep messing around to level up. 

It took me quite some time to actually defeat the first major boss in the game.  When I first got  to him, I could hardly get him to the second phase.  It took a few back/forth until I was leveled up enough to face him.

The hub you are referring too is the round table.  There is a lot of neat stuff in there and things are constantly changing in there too.  

EDIT:

Also just curious - have you found/gotten to Nokron yet?

Edited by purbeast

On 11/5/2022 at 10:34 AM, Simmsy said:

You been kissing strange wenches ain’t ya boy? 

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2022 at 10:34 AM, Simmsy said:

Did you hug the death lady?