Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

Matthew Stafford trade possibilities: Five teams most likely to swing a deal with Lions

Stafford still has a lot to offer and several teams will be very interested in acquiring him

1. Washington Football Team

As CBS Sports' R.J. White noted, new Washington general manager Martin Mayhew was the general manager in Detroit when Stafford was drafted with the top pick back in 2009. It proved to be a great decision and the University of Georgia prospect set multiple franchise and NFL records during his tenure with the Lions. Washington does have Alex Smith, who pulled off a remarkable NFL comeback this past season, but he struggled to stay healthy due to other nagging injuries. Washington had to start journeyman Taylor Heinicke in its postseason matchup against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Washington has a star wide receiver in Terry McLaurin, a talented 2020 rookie running back in Antonio Gibson and an elite defense which is highlighted by a defensive line made up of all first-round picks. Even with a healthy Smith, Washington could stand to upgrade at the quarterback position, and it's a move that could potentially make them a legitimate contender. Washington should call and see if the Lions would accept the No. 19 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/matthew-stafford-trade-possibilities-five-teams-most-likely-to-swing-a-deal-with-lions/

Just now, Tedskins 21 said:

1. Who cares what he thinks? (Lol)

2. Why not one year? Whats up with the 2 years?

I typically don't but found it amusing considering he's covered this team for decades and is typically a very cynical dude.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I typically don't but found it amusing considering he's covered this team for decades and is typically a very cynical dude.  

Yea you basically explained why you posted it when you posted it. I just don’t care for his takes.

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

What would you guys give up for Aaron Rodgers if he asks to leave Green Bay this summer?

About the same I would give up for Stafford, personally. 2 high picks. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

What would you guys give up for Aaron Rodgers if he asks to leave Green Bay this summer?

He isnt going anywhere. He just had the best season of his career. But if he was available I would give a similar package to what Stafford would take. A 1st and 3rd? Rogers is 37 so you lose 5 years of eligibility with him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tedskins 21 said:

Yea you basically explained why you posted it when you posted it. I just don’t care for his takes.

OK.  But I presume for just about eveything I post some will care and some will not.  We are all driven by different things.   So on the rare times when someone goes out of their way to say they don't care, I'll explain why I posted it.   As for posts made from others, some I care about and others I don't, it comes with the turf.  i am not going to be into everything that others think are interesting.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He isnt going anywhere. He just had the best season of his career. But if he was available I would give a similar package to what Stafford would take. A 1st and 3rd? Rogers is 37 so you lose 5 years of eligibility with him. 

Aaron just talked about his own uncertain future in GB in his post-game presser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK.  But I presume for just about eveything I post some will care and some will not.  We are all driven by different things.   So on the rare times when someone goes out of their way to say they don't care, I'll explain why I posted it.   As for posts made from others, some I care about and others I don't, it comes with the turf.  i am not going to be into everything that others think are interesting.  

Lol you are misunderstanding me. I get it. No hate from over here brother.  I was saying my original rhetorical question of “who cares what this guy thinks” was already covered by your original post; he is typically cynical and he thinks its a good move. I wasnt advocating you only post things I care about.

(Basically my original comment was dumb.)

Edited by Tedskins 21
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Rodgers is great, but I hope we don't give anything near that for a 37 yr old.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Rodgers is great, but I hope we don't give anything near that for a 37 yr old.  

It would be worth it if he wants to play for 5 more seasons IMO. Hell Brady is in the SB at 42. The way these QB's are protected now it really has extended their careers. They rarely take hard hits anymore. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I take with a grain of salt anything that Pro Football Talk say just like JLC.  So when players decide they want to move on they just throw a hissy fit and say they want to be traded.  So stick your thumb in your mouth and suck it like a little kid.  Any player who signs a contract or anyone who signs a contract is suppose to live up to the contract both sides.  It's a binding agreement between 2 or more parties.  Our World has come a long way and in the wrong direction.  Once the first player demands it and get's his way; others will follow.  Prayer is needed not only in this Country but in this World.  Our Forefathers, Grandfathers, Fathers didn't live this way!  Wake up America and World.  We are moving away from the principles that have kept our Country Free and Safe and Guided by God.  It's more than just football or any other sport or activity.  Sorry to ramble but wake up! 🙏  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I take with a grain of salt anything that Pro Football Talk say just like JLC.  So when players decide they want to move on they just throw a hissy fit and say they want to be traded.  So stick your thumb in your mouth and suck it like a little kid.  Any player who signs a contract or anyone who signs a contract is suppose to live up to the contract both sides.  It's a binding agreement between 2 or more parties.  Our World has come a long way and in the wrong direction.  Once the first player demands it and get's his way; others will follow.  Prayer is needed not only in this Country but in this World.  Our Forefathers, Grandfathers, Fathers didn't live this way!  Wake up America and World.  We are moving away from the principles that have kept our Country Free and Safe and Guided by God.  It's more than just football or any other sport or activity.  Sorry to ramble but wake up! 🙏  

I agree with your sentiment and I am no defender of the ‘inmates running the asylum.’ This is what made the NBA unwatchable for me. Having said that, these players who signed a contract can be traded any moment without their consent (barring a no trade clause.) I think a player like Arod or Stafford, who has served their company/organization for so long can and should have a say in their futures. 

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It would be worth it if he wants to play for 5 more seasons IMO. Hell Brady is in the SB at 42. The way these QB's are protected now it really has extended their careers. They rarely take hard hits anymore. 

If I felt we could get 5 solid years out of him, absolutely.  No brainier.  But brady is an anomaly, he takes care of his body better than anyone.  To expect a rod to remain effective until 42 like brady has is very very optimistic imo.  

That's my main concern.  Minor concerns are he seemed to struggle adjusting to lafleurs scheme last year, he got all butt hurt when green bay used a high pick for his replacement (which we should be doing soon if our starter is 37), and in general he has a pretty thorny personality.  

A 1st and a 3rd seems too much, but I'd definitely be very excited for the next couple seasons if they did it.  Long term I think we'd look back and regret it tho.

And let's be honest, if he forces his way out, and only has a few years left, I don't think here would be high on his list. 

Edited by KillBill26

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some people have the Josh Rosen kind of spin about him, he was a high pick, it wasn't the right scheme/coaching, etc.  Rosen ended up going for a 2nd.  National media types think Darnold will go for 2nd and more.  Yeah count me out.   

Don’t get me wrong, sure maybe one day he may meet his potential but I’m just thinking based on what he has shown so far, I’m thinking 6th or 7th at best for me. I wouldn’t trade based on potential but on accomplishment and he has sucked so far.