Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Player is your Biggest Disappointment this year?

Koolblue13

NOT A QB THREAD

It was great to feel back for a while. Then we stomped a week one win out. Looked like life had changed for a Football Team Fan. Off season is always a blast. Last year we knew that we were an asshole of the league and the draft was going to be our shining moment. Which sucks.

Anyway, things are not different. We are crap. I still believe that Kyle Smith is a gem and will be a great GM type when it comes to the draft, but things are a miss, because we just don't have the talent. No secret about my feelings about Scoₜ and his stupid drunken "football player" rhetoric, although I do agree football player is the most important thing you look for in a football player, when you're drafting a guy to play football and then the Bruce and Danny drafting (kills me that JJ is better at meddling than Snyder. Wish JJ was more Davis, but we have another 50 years and a couple feet before Danny grows up to that age I guess.

Anywho. We had the "biggest breakout player" back when things looked good. Here is the "biggest disappointment". Could be because of money like Collins, even though the cap has never been our problem unless were dumbing lard like Haynesworth after being told not to, could be Smith or Sherff who cost a hell of a lot more. 

My biggest disappointment? SDH. 

He was ranked pretty highly as our best LBer last year. Earned a spot as a starter, even though we brought guys in. He's fast and smart. Bama goon, specializing in coverage and that seems to be his biggest step back. If he was playing like last year, out defense is much better. What happened to him? Got me. I know I argued with @KDawg constantly this offseason about out LBers being better than he thinks and holy leaping unicorn **** was I wrong on that one. 

So, who ya got as thee biggest let down?

NOT A QB THREAD.

Has to be Landon Collins.  We spent a high amount for a SS, who really should be an LB.  He’s been awful this year, whether it be missing tackles, or missing angles.  For the amount we’re paying him, he’s not had one good game or even a moment yet.  Troy Apple gets a lot of flack, but he’s not earning $16 Million this year.

Im trying to think of another player on either side of the ball, and I can’t really come up with any, since we lack talent (especially on offense).  Most disappointing person on offense overall has to be Scott Turner.  He’s not a player, but he’s been abysmal with his play calling this year.  That Rams game was inexcusable.  He’s been a trash play caller this season, and I would fire him after the season ends.  Carolina’s offense fell off a cliff after he became their OC.  I can’t understand why Ron would hire him.  He’s shown NOTHING to indicate that he’s some type of offense genius.

Landon Collins, by far. 

The O-line was looking dreadful coming into it. I have been vocal about Haskins not being the guy. Apke is a guy who has improved but has a long way to go, and that was expected. 

With the new defense, I figured Landon Collins would be striking fear into opposing receiving corps. He's been making their their day instead. 

I'm going to go with Jon Allen or Payne. I had such high hopes for both of them coming out of school and have made excuses for their average play but I'm starting to accept that they may just not be the gamewreckers I was hoping for. Even seeing Matt I do it in previous years, I was always halfway giving some of his production to Allen being double teamed, but nah right now I'm starting to say they're not A players. Maybe solid B guys, but not guys who are going to wreck a game like I thought. Positive thing is that I think we're seeing that Young and Sweat may be just that. Unfortunately I think that Young in particular has helped me to see the difference in talent between the tiers of players. 

This is a great question. Im going to do with Daron Payne. He's been solid, I was expecting a wrecking ball. Maybe he needs a bit more time to adjust, but he hasn't been as good as I was hoping.

Honorable mention: Steven Sims, Collins, SDH.

16 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm going to go with Jon Allen

Jon Allen might not be the pass rusher we were hoping for, but he's been a stud in the run game.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is a great question. Im going to do with Daron Payne. He's been solid, I was expecting a wrecking ball. Maybe he needs a bit more time to adjust, but he hasn't been as good as I was hoping.

Honorable mention: Steven Sims, Collins, SDH.

Jon Allen might not be the pass rusher we were hoping for, but he's been a stud in the run game.

Run game production doesn't equal #2 pick in the draft, which is where most scouts had him going. I was always suspect by that because his numbers were never that great (not athletic or anything). Compare that to Payne who is an athletic freak at his size and its one of the reasons people like Sheehan still think he can develop into a monster. Allen is growing to be just what he is, a good run stopper who can occasionally bring pressure up the middle. 

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

Run game production doesn't equal #2 pick in the draft, which is where most scouts had him going. I was always suspect by that because his numbers were never that great (not athletic or anything). Compare that to Payne who is an athletic freak at his size and its one of the reasons people like Sheehan still think he can develop into a monster. Allen is growing to be just what he is, a good run stopper who can occasionally bring pressure up the middle. 

Thats not really a bad thing. I think Allen is one of those blue collar guys that does a lot of stuff we don't necessarily see, but then we underrate him, he leaves and we get worse. Just my feeling on him. People rave about Allen's work and willingness to do everything that's asked.

Guice for me.  He was one of my favorite younger players so it was disappointing how it played out.  

Not exactly on topic but my biggest disappointment in general though: LEAKS!  I kind of thought we were past all of that but it has been ridiculous with the Haskins situation.  Maybe it is a product of the times but it is still very disappointing.

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The thread didn't say that they had to be blamed. Just said that you had to be disappointed 😉

Yeah that’s true 😂

for me, I’d say Kerrigan is my biggest disappointment. I thought he was going to have a good season. Except for week 1, he’s been invisible

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah that’s true 😂

for me, I’d say Kerrigan is my biggest disappointment. I thought he was going to have a good season. Except for week 1, he’s been invisible

He is probably my favorite player since he has been there a while and so productive but he has been mostly invisible this year.  I really felt like he'd come in relieving one of the starters and wreck havoc since he was fresh but that just hasn't happened.   Our D-front in general just hasn't been what I expected so not sure what the issue is.  I expected them to dominate but it just isn't happening.

Chase Young.  Already missed a game because of injury and on pace for less then 10 sacks.  

I say that not because he's not good, because he's not the immediate homewrecker some of ya'll swore he would be, LT taking over games good even though he's not a linebacker.  I maintain he doesn't need to be, and I'm sure someone will say its early, but the dline as a whole has underperformed expectations since week 1 that were probably too high to begin with.

Collins is too easy, we knew he was garbage last year, just hoped a different defense would save his career.  It'd didn't, so can't miss what you never had.

But Young had zero sacks against the Rams in a blowout at home, when we are this bad he's showing he can get lost in the sauce, too.  I say that and he might go off against the giants, here's me saying I want him to not that he needs to, but it would be really good timing if you know what I mean...

1 hour ago, owa said:

Guice for me.  He was one of my favorite younger players so it was disappointing how it played out.  

I didn't know if he counted but i wanted to go with him too. He was the guy I thought was going to explode this year if healthy. Whoda thought he'd have bigger things keeping him off the field. But I still think he's a better player than Gibson. 

@Koolblue13 good thing you didn't make a poll, its turning into a Landon Collins thread.

Don't ya'll have to have expectations in order to be disappointed?  I had none and still disappointed, but he's not the most disappointing, he's the biggest blackhole on our cap right now, just unreal how terrible he is in coverage and how much money he's making.  

That could be fixed by moving him to linebacker for all we know, would that be a disney movie turn ending for him?  It has to be asked, if coaches knew this wasn't going to work, why are they still leaving him back there messing up coverage over and over again? At what point is it not Landon's fault for being asked to do something he clearly cannot do?  

Fish don't climb trees, man.

Anderson

Put in the best position possible to lock down a cushy spot as a future rotational piece after Yong and Sweat and he has been a net loss so far this year.

He's young, fresh whenever he's in the game and draws zero attention as every other D-lineman is more of a threat. You could not create a better spot for a young DE.

Never expected him to dominate or anything, but you gotta give me something.

Larry from plot 622 looks better getting around the edge then some of Ryan's reps. (Zombie Pun)

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Koolblue13 good thing you didn't make a poll, its turning into a Landon Collins thread.

Don't ya'll have to have expectations in order to be disappointed?  I had none and still disappointed, but he's not the most disappointing, he's the biggest blackhole on our cap right now, just unreal how terrible he is in coverage and how much money he's making.  

That could be fixed by moving him to linebacker for all we know, would that be a disney movie turn ending for him?  It has to be asked, if coaches knew this wasn't going to work, why are they still leaving him back there messing up coverage over and over again? At what point is it not Landon's fault for being asked to do something he clearly cannot do?  

Fish don't climb trees, man.

First great sir, allow me to apologize. I was yearning for such a thread from you. I should have been aware enough to know you'd handle a safety less team without the easy agressision. 

16 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Anderson

Put in the best position possible to lock down a cushy spot as a future rotational piece after Yong and Sweat and he has been a net loss so far this year.

He's young, fresh whenever he's in the game and draws zero attention as every other D-lineman is more of a threat. You could not create a better spot for a young DE.

Never expected him to dominate or anything, but you gotta give me something.

Larry from plot 622 looks better getting around the edge then some of Ryan's reps. (Zombie Pun)

The ugly in this post feels privileged. I'm gonna do it. You people.are no Ryan Clarcke . 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

First great sir, allow me to apologize. I was yearning for such a thread from you. I should have been aware enough to know you'd handle a safety less team without the easy agressision. 

I'm humbled by your expectations of me : )

I'm probably the least disappointed person on this board right now because my focus was on turning around the whole ship, big picture, which we are still in the middle of, but its turning.  

Ron said it wouldn't be pretty, so a lost season, okay, no safeties, no difference to me.  I mean, lets be real, Collins can stand back there all day and we still wouldn't have a safety back there because he's a linebacker at best.  We already in that hell.

Archived