Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Player is your Biggest Disappointment this year?

Koolblue13

22 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Steven Sims.  I expected a lot more out of him this season, given how he performed once he received more playing time at the end of last year.  

To be fair he’s been injured - on IR right now.

For me Wes Martin. He was solid when he played at RG last season when Schreff went down. I thought he would be solid and maybe even a bit better than that at LG. 

He’s been flat bad. 

Haskins for multiple reasons, but the biggest being he had a golden opportunity to shine and be our QB, but came in very inaccurate, flat and never attempted to open up this offense or put any type of fear into a defensive secondary. For someone who supposedly has a big time arm,  every thing was check down and pad his stats.

2 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Uhh yeah it’s literally 3.5 games into his career and he had a dominant game one. Stop.

The whole team had a solid half of football then hasn't won a damn thing since. Donald had more sacks in one game then Young has in 3.5, he's not proven he's that dominant yet. Yet.

34 minutes ago, MartinC said:

To be fair he’s been injured - on IR right now.

He seemed off before he went on IR, that's what I thought context was.  He pulled a Crowder, got my hopes up, then went backwards a step it seemed.

7 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Chase young has been borderline bad. 

I wouldn't go this far, there's a huge range between god-like status and Landon Collins right now...

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The whole team had a solid half of football then hasn't won a damn thing since. Donald had more sacks in one game then Young has in 3.5, he's not proven he's that dominant yet. Yet.

I’m sorry you expected Aaron Donald right off the bat. Even though pretty much no defender is, not even Aaron Donald himself.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He seemed off before he went on IR, that's what I thought context was.  He pulled a Crowder, got my hopes up, then went backwards a step it seemed.

I posted without reading other replies. You are 100%. Young has been disappointing his only true sack actually came off an rb chip that put him on a great path to the qb. As far as pass rush, he’s actually been average/poor. His motor surprises me and is a huge positive in my mind. But we didn’t draft him to be mr. hustle, which is EXACTLY what he is today. 

I was a huge advocate for tua, but that’s a discussion for another time 

Just now, JoggingGod said:

I’m sorry you expected Aaron Donald right off the bat. Even though pretty much no defender is, not even Aaron Donald himself.

That's my point, I didn't, but I remember plenty that wanted to lose to the cowboys to make sure we could pick Chase because they believe he was.  It was getting nauseating, honestly.

So to be fair, Donald had 9 sacks his rookie season.  So Young is playing like a rookie, not a fully evolved pokemon.  That's more reasonable then the board was a couple months ago on this issue, so, disappointing we even having this conversation.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's my point, I didn't, but I remember plenty that wanted to lose to the cowboys to make sure we could pick Chase because they believe he was.  It was getting nauseating, honestly.

So to be fair, Donald had 9 sacks his rookie season.  So Young is playing like a rookie, not a fully evolved pokemon.  That's more reasonable then the board was a couple months ago on this issue, so, disappointing we even having this conversation.

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not 

I think I said in the draft thread about a million times not to have such high expectations for a rookie DE... the fan base was going to turn on him quick if he didn’t look generational on day one.

Check.

And I had many people tell me I just didn’t like Young. Which was very false, by the way. I did and do like him. But every time someone said he was generational and the best prospect this team has ever had and he will be amazing I just knew this day would come. 

“But Bosa did it!”

Bosa also had linebackers behind him. And guys who could play in the secondary. Dre Greenlaw was in SF, too. Another rookie... but he helped turn that D around.

But people generally only see the guy that gets the stats and the press. Bosa was the worst thing to happen to Young. It set his expectations entirely too high.

My biggest disappointment? Eh. I’m not sure I have one. I knew this team was going to be rough. I thought we’d be more competitive, but the talent level is what the talent level is.

I think I thought Wes Martin would be better than a turnstile at a Metro station. So him, I guess.

Cole Holcomb is my biggest disappointment. He wasn't awesome last year, but he's got good speed and still managed to be in on every play. I was hoping that he'd have managed to earn some solid playing time with a competent DC to help him flourish. He's played in 1 single game.

So if we're going the injury route, Harmon.  I really thought he could have contributed a little bit across from McLaurin, but was lost early.

For players who are currently playing, like a whole lot of people have said, it's Collins because of the contract he has, along with the fact he's got physical tools. I don't know why it's not clicking, but he has played really poorly.

Honorable mention to Sims, who I really thought could have performed well in the slot.  But he's hurt.  So there's that.  

I would add one other category: Hoping but not expecting.  I was hoping AGG would have been able to develop into something by now, a guy who might catch 3-5 balls a game, just provide another young option.  It seems Wright has surpassed him already, though Wright had a really bad game last week. I'm not disappointed AGG hasn't come along faster, as I wasn't really expecting him to, but maybe I just feel it would have been great if it did.  

9 hours ago, KDawg said:

I think I thought Wes Martin would be better than a turnstile at a Metro station. So him, I guess.

I think that's a reactionary take.  If I told you a week ago the gameplan was going to be for Martin to single cover Donald, I'm fairly certain you would've predicted a similar outcome to what unfolded.  There's a reason teams don't forget to account for what Donald can do.  Putting a limited dude in an unwinnable situation, then blaming him for not winning, isn't fair.

9 minutes ago, megared said:

I think that's a reactionary take.  If I told you a week ago the gameplan was going to be for Martin to single cover Donald, I'm fairly certain you would've predicted a similar outcome to what unfolded.  There's a reason teams don't forget to account for what Donald can do.  Putting a limited dude in an unwinnable situation, then blaming him for not winning, isn't fair.

What? I’m not talking about last week. I’m talking about all season long.

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

What? I’m not talking about last week. I’m talking about all season long.

But to be disappointed implies Wes Martin is capable of more.  The problem is him being trotted out as a viable starter, not the fact that he couldn't perform.  

For me, definitely Collins.  I'm trying to think of a way in which this defense is possibly more confusing for safeties, because he doesn't look like he knows what he's doing in coverage.  No explanation as to how he can be this bad.  

Archived