Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Player is your Biggest Disappointment this year?

Koolblue13

I think my problem with the d line isn’t with one player. I think all the players have had good individual performances including Allen and Payne. My problem is with spending 5 1st round picks and then not taking over ball games and terrorizing QBs. I understand part of the function is to allow LBers and safeties to come up and tackle the rb. So my question is are they unable to do this effectively or are the lbers and safeties so terrible they make the d line look bad in the run stop?

I don't want to go with Landon Collins because its a bit of a boring answer, but I don't think I had a high enough opinion of guys like Wes Martin, Gerron Christian, Jon Bostic, Shaun Dion-Hamilton, and Troy Apke to pick them.   I had hope for some of them, but didn't truly believe any had proved their ability yet.  Landon Collins is a guy I thought was good and I thought last season was disappointing and he might be better this year.

Would be a lot easier to ask the question who hasn't been a big disappointment this year... 

I had hopes for Haskins to continue to improve but he has been my biggest disappointment - and its not solely based on his on the field play.

A close second is Collins and parts of the Defense although its probably my fault for buying into the hype of how great the Defense as a whole would be.

For me Ill do my top 3 dissapointments:

1: Landon Collins- Just rough play overall.  Bad tackling and angles and his coverage is dreadful.  Hopefully he can play better

2: Steve Sims-  Talk about invisible?  I thought we had a legit slot threat heading into the season.......nope

3: Scott Turner- How many 5 yard passing plays can we throw in one game?  Has anyone else noticed this?  At first I thought it was Haskins and Allen being unwilling to throw deep.  But after this many weeks I can only come to the conclusion that the scheme is not opening up receivers downfield like it should.  I saw a play last week where we ran drag routs against a zone defense.  As an OC and a QB, you have to be able to understand what the defense is doing and be able to change the plays necessary to attack the defense with the right routes.  The unwillingness to split Gibson out wide and throw down the field to him to establish the threat also has me scratching my head.  The running game is a joke.

4: Bostic- Dude is garbage..... had to add this

Bright spots:

1-Kendall Fuller- I cant say enough, this guy has brought it and I love having him back.  After that HORRENDOUS PI call in which he beat the receiver to the spot and had position, he bucked up and made that INT.  How many games in a row is that?

2:  Deshazor Everett:  After 1 game I have seen enough,  I have been saying for years that this guy is a baller.  He lays the wood every year I honestly think he should take over at SS and we put Apke back in at FS and put Collins on the bench.

3: Kevin Pierre-Louis-  This guy can play, I like him paired with Holcomb and the way the fed off of each other this past Sunday. 

Archived