Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

zCommander

18 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I remember Bradford being considered a slam dunk. I was so sad we sucked in 09 but didn't suck enough to get the #1 pick.

Ehh he was close, but he had that Labrum? Injury and just about all pocket passers coming out of the big 12 have some level of skepticism.

Murray could run all over and throw the ball around better than Baker. He seems like a safe enough floor with ultra star potential. Him and Tua essentially ran when they had to, or designed to, but when you watched them they kept their eyes downfield while scrambling much like Wilson. (RG3 basically it was read make the throw, if option 1 wasnt their, run)

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

By definition the team picking first is the worst team in the league.  That applied to Cleveland, Arizona, and now Cincy and all 3 QBs have played well since entering the league.  It also applied to most every other QB taken first overall who have succeeded and there are plenty of examples of that.  

While there should be no question a QB drafted by Andy Reid will have a better situation I never believed that the situation was 85% of the reason a player succeeded or failed.  Plenty of good teams have had rookie QBs fail too.  

Fair, although I don't know if I'd call Mayfield a success necessarily. 

I'll be curious to see what exactly this Burrow injury is, because they'll probably not win another game with Finley.  They're probably locked into to a top 5 pick now. Although, their problem is that tie.

Bugif I'm the Bengals, I think I trade out of 2 or 3, where they'll probably wind up and get a 2022 1st to hedge on Burrow's recovery.  I mean, assuming it's not your garden variety ACL or something and he's all in for week 1.

If he's out 2 years like say, Bridgewater was, what should the Bengals do?  Just ride it out? 

• zCommander changed the title to 2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #7
1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

Well, on one hand we just dropped down to #7 on the draft pick chart, on the other hand we may just have set ourselves up to win the division.

You mean set ourselves up for the privilege of one more Loss this season in exchange for dropping like 9 draft spots. 😑

7 is still good enough to get a good linebacker or help on the Offensive line and even a Tight End.  

Honestly we have a lot of glaring problems and too many of you focus on a quarterback is sad really.  A qb wouldn't fix this team.  Look at the Bengals.

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

lol so much for getting Fields.

At 7 we MIGHT get super lucky and have Wilson there. But if he keeps playing like he has been he'll likely be top 5.

Yeah, cause we DEFINITELY won’t lose any more this season.....

a lot can still change between now and the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Redd said:

7 is still good enough to get a good linebacker or help on the Offensive line and even a Tight End.  

Honestly we have a lot of glaring problems and too many of you focus on a quarterback is sad really.  A qb wouldn't fix this team.  Look at the Bengals.

Look at what?  Bengals are much improved with Burrow.  We’ve seen first hand how a quality QB can elevate a team. 

6 minutes ago, Redd said:

Who exactly is the OL going to protect? Alex Smith? The guy has been playing decent but at best he's a middle of the road QB. We had elite LTs throughout the 2000s and much of the 2010s and it didn't do **** for us. 

If we don't get our QB of the future it makes little difference whether we have a great LB, OL or TE.

And did you see the difference in Cincy once Burrow was gone? He was carving us up all day, but luckily for us their kicker sucks. After Burrow was out they suddenly were giving up sacks and couldn't move the ball. Burrow is legit and now that they have him they'll go about filling the other positions. But QB comes first.

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Look at what?  Bengals are much improved with Burrow.  We’ve seen first hand how a quality QB can elevate a team. 

And they still lose because everything else sucks for them.  Now he's out for the year because of his garbage line.  Even with Burrow it was looking like the Bengals were still getting a high draft pick.

I agree that we shouldn’t scoff at how much a backer, tight end, OL, safety, receiver, etc., could help this team.

But I think that you have to also understand that QB play drives the league and people shouldn’t scoff at the need for a franchise QB.

Perspective needs to be perfectly balanced. As all things should be.

Just now, mistertim said:

Who exactly is the OL going to protect? Alex Smith? The guy has been playing decent but at best he's a middle of the road QB. We had elite LTs throughout the 2000s and much of the 2010s and it didn't do **** for us. 

If we don't get our QB of the future it makes little difference whether we have a great LB, OL or TE.

Well there are far more busts at the qb position anyway.  Only thing a high draft pick gets is better odds the QB could be good or great.

2 minutes ago, Redd said:

And they still lose because everything else sucks for them.  Now he's out for the year because of his garbage line.  Even with Burrow it was looking like the Bengals were still getting a high draft pick.

So?  They have a franchise QB that literally changes their play.  They went down the field on us multiple times effortlessly.  He’s goes out and they couldn’t do anything. 

Just now, Barry.Randolphe said:

You want to get the OL and defense squared away before you have to pay up for a cap killing franchise QB contract after his rookie contract is up

Exactly. As it is now it would be Kyle Allen, Alex Smith or a giant contract to a Dak Prescott. Rookie QB deals allow you to build the rest of the team.

Archived