Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

zCommander

7 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I can't believe how many bad teams there are this year...

Agreed, so much crap in the league. Seems like we may have more teams than usual in the 3-13 or 4-12 range this year. Might be a struggle even for us to finish with a top 10 pick :ols:

When the season is over, our Strength of Schedule will look a lot tougher than it did, before the season started, when it was based on opponents' records last year.

Multiple teams did not appear that tough at the beginning of the season, but turned out to be very good teams, ending up with better records than last year.

On 10/26/2020 at 2:56 AM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Agreed, so much crap in the league. Seems like we may have more teams than usual in the 3-13 or 4-12 range this year. Might be a struggle even for us to finish with a top 10 pick :ols:

18 teams are on pace for 500 or better and another 4 to 5 more are likely to have 10 or fewer losses. As bad as the Bengals' record is, they've only been dominated once.  The Giants are only 3 plays away from being 4-3, the Eagles are just 2 plays from being 4-3, 1 play and we'd be 3-4 (and, with some very marginal improvements , might be 5-2) and the boys (with all their issues) would be 4-3 if it weren't for just 2 plays.  The Jets, Jags and Houston look like the only truly bad teams. Looks like we will have about the norm.

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Calling it now: 

Lawrence decides to go back to school. 
NYJ panics and is forced to draft a guy in 2021
ATL has a fire sale and moves Ryan/Gurley/Julio in the off-season. 
prodigal son returns in 2022

The Jets take Fields then.  Sucks for us b/c one less talent for whenever we pick, but its Peyton Manning all over again.

8 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

The Jets take Fields then.  Sucks for us b/c one less talent for whenever we pick, but its Peyton Manning all over again.

Jets trade down for future picks and guarantee Lawrence is on their team at some point. If they have #1 and a lot of teams need QBs this year (Jax, Minny, us, Dallas maybe, Atlanta) they should be able to get a good haul, especially if anyone becomes enamored with Sewell 

35 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah there is no chance Lawrence goes back to school. He has nothing to gain. He's already won a National Title and is the sure fire #1 pick. He'd be risking losing way too much money for literally no gain.

Well, other than to not play for the Jets.

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Jets trade down for future picks and guarantee Lawrence is on their team at some point. If they have #1 and a lot of teams need QBs this year (Jax, Minny, us, Dallas maybe, Atlanta) they should be able to get a good haul, especially if anyone becomes enamored with Sewell 

There is zero chance they pass on Fields if Lawrence doesn't declare. 

17 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Well, other than to not play for the Jets.

That would be a hell of a gamble though. Suppose the Jets or another equally horrible team that Trevor doesn't want to play for ends up with the first pick in the 2022 draft. What does he do then--- go to graduate school?

I think this is just early posturing by Trevor with his (unofficial) agent's blessing. He's trying to set up the Jets and force a trade.

They should call his bluff if they end up with the first pick and declare that they will draft the best player available period and have no intention of trading it away. 

23 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

That would be a hell of a gamble though. Suppose the Jets or another equally horrible team that Trevor doesn't want to play for ends up with the first pick in the 2022 draft. What does he do then--- go to graduate school?

I think this is just early posturing by Trevor with his (unofficial) agent's blessing. He's trying to set up the Jets and force a trade.

They should call his bluff if they end up with the first pick and declare that they will draft the best player available period and have no intention of trading it away. 

I'd imagine it also depends on what the Jets do with their coaching staff and front office. If they stick with who they have now, the smart play for Lawrence would be not actually bluffing and sit out the year (He should declare and go thru the draft which would prevent the Jets from drafting him in 2022 no matter what pick they have). 

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

I'd imagine it also depends on what the Jets do with their coaching staff and front office.

Yes, that is definitely a factor. At this point no one in their right mind would look favorably on joining the Gase regime.

If they stick with who they have now, the smart play for Lawrence would be not actually bluffing and sit out the year (He should declare and go thru the draft

If he declares for the draft his amateur status is revoked and he would not be able to play for Clemson again next year which he claims is his motivation for considering staying in school to begin with.

which would prevent the Jets from drafting him in 2022 no matter what pick they have). 

Hmmm... interesting.

I didn't realize that if he sat out the whole year the Jets are prohibited from selecting him again. Still there are a lot of undesirable teams out there that could end up with the first pick in 2022-- one of them doesn't even have a name yet. 🤫

As I said before who's to say the team that selects him in 2022 is any more desireable than the Jets? What if someone else who actually plays next year pulls a Joe Burrow and jumps to the head of the class?

There is risk in taking a year off from the game. Today's headlines sometimes become tomorrows forgotten dreams.

Even so if Trevor actually follows through and says no to guaranteed generational wealth and holds out the entire year just so he can go back into the draft to be selected by whatever non-Jet team get's the first pick he's got cannon sized balls swinging between his legs-- which paradoxically would make me want to have him on MY team even more. 

This is looking like it could turn into a collossal game of chicken-- with no clear winner.

To me this why you don't tank and always play to win.  You never know what will happen with the draft.  Maybe someone decides to stay, maybe someone gets hurt, maybe someone drops like a rock during NFL evaluations.   Point being, you just don't know so tanking is just asinine it my book.  If you root for your team to lose, you deserve a losing team.

13 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Everyone knows Gase isn’t back next year, I don’t understand why Trevor wouldn’t want to play in New York?

I kinda of agree with that.  And as bad as NY Jets are this year.  They were 7-9 last year.  Its the NFL, they can be competitive in a couple years.

2 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I kinda of agree with that.  And as bad as NY Jets are this year.  They were 7-9 last year.  Its the NFL, they can be competitive in a couple years.

They’ve shown a willingness to spend money, have a premiere LT in Becton, a great young receiver in Mims and once they get a good young RB, maybe even Etienne, I can see it being a desirable spot.

Archived