Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

what’s the value of letting Allen play? You let Haskins play and tell Dan he’s an idiot for drafting him. That’s how you play this.

I agree, I said as much that’s it’s what we should do. Merely that as a fan in the moment wanting to enjoy seeing an offense operate at even a lower tier level of competency across from this D, it’s tough not to want to see the other guy. I agree we shouldn’t give in to that, we let Haskins sink or swim and then approach the offseason with the info we have.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

While I won't address this in regards to the timeouts...

If you're watching because you expect the team to win, you should probably stop watching.

I’mwatching for an honest effort for 60 minutes.  Which is about as low a bar as you can go. And they can’t even give me that?  Four minutes left and all your timeouts? And two scores down?  Fake it Ron. Pretend your offense can pull a rabbit’s foot out of their ass. Don’t quit.  Which is what he did. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You evaluate quarterback play the same way Haskins plays. Simply horrendous. Time to stop trying dude . Know your lane. This isn’t the one for you.

I haven’t evaluated anything. 

And I didn’t evaluate anything in the first post you attacked me on, then you bring up some nonsense about Jason Campbell.  

I think you need to put it down and step away.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

While I can appreciate the "RAH RAH" enthusiasm, it's not realistic. Our ****ty offense wasn't suddenly going to start playing lights out at the end, especially with a QB playing so poorly. 

If you're a team with a star QB, you can have those comebacks because even if the QB is having a poor game, you know he's a stud and can turn that around in an instant. DH ain't that guy. 

We're not a good team. The only good parts of our team right now are: DL, Punter, 1 WR (who can't do much if he doesn't have a good QB to throw to him). The entire rest of the team is between mediocre and ****ty.

You missed the part where YOU GET BETTER BY CHALLENGING YOURSELF. That's how you develop into a good team. Stop with the second place winner attitude. You play til the end and then grow from your experience. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

We would have won this game with Kyle Allen.  Our dominant defense only needs average qb play to win.  Who cares if Haskins has a higher ceiling?  The best player should play.  

Dominant defense?  What game were you watching?

1 minute ago, Csup said:

Dominant defense?  What game were you watching?

The one where the final score was 34 aand 21 of those points came from the offense's turnovers in their own territory? Or was that 24? I forget whether the field goal came from a turnover too.

Edited by NickyJ

RR "go out and play football"

Why did he take the football out of his hands?  It was the perfect time to practice our 2 minute vs prevent, pad stats, build a little confidence back... let him gain the experience he obviously lacks in spades.  Or, you know, win.

Nope I will throw in the towel after an offside. Lets see how RR works this throwing in the towel bit. It could be a sad ass team building exercise of sorts.

giphy.gif

Edited by RandyHolt

16 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

People called the Cult of Colt weird, but there's something freaky to get people on this website so fired up into witch hunts over who said what about Jason Campbell when he hasn't played for us in over a decade.

Leave Jason Candle's name out of your mouth!

34 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Wow man, dude is really just tucking his tail.  Can’t believe that.

Agree.  Rivera has, for the second week in a row, just quit with more than 2 minutes left in a game while sitting on 2 or more timeouts.  I am as shocked this week as last week.  I will not be shocked going forward.  I expect Rivera to quit if the team is not winning late in the 4th now.  Sends a bad message to the fans and to the players.  Not sure what he hopes to achieve with this tactic.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

The one where the final score was 34 aand 21 of those points came from the offense's turnovers in their own territory?

Again - I didn’t see a dominant defense out there regardless of the score.  If that’s your definition of a dominant defense well you throw around the term “dominant” way too easily.

Just now, Csup said:

Again - I didn’t see a dominant defense out there regardless of the score.  If that’s your definition of a dominant defense well you throw around the term “dominant” way too easily.

Can't have dominant defense with B team linebackers and awful safeties.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

You missed the part where YOU GET BETTER BY CHALLENGING YOURSELF. That's how you develop into a good team. Stop with the second place winner attitude. You play til the end and then grow from your experience. 

I agree with you 100%.  You use this time to learn.  Put Haskins in a 2 minute situation and see what he can or can't do.  You don't just mail it in and quit.  Missed opportunities from a coaching staff that I thought was better than that.

• Like 2

The haskins post game interview was telling.  My assessment is the following:

1. Dwayne mentioned how defenders made the plays.  
  2. While this does happen sometimes, I also felt he was late on some throws, which made it harder to make those throws
  3. The game may not have slowed down for Dwayne yet, this is like rookie year for him still.  In college you can get away with underestimating the defense a bit, not so in the Pros

That's what I think anyways.  He can learn from this, but given our history, I am not optimistic.  The good thing is, with no fans at fedex there won't bec alls to bench him in the stands for a while.

14 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I’m watching for an honest effort for 60 minutes.  Which is about as low a bar as you can go. And they can’t even give me that?  Four minutes left and all your timeouts? And two scores down?  Fake it Ron. Pretend your offense can pull a rabbit’s foot out of their ass. Don’t quit.  Which is what he did. 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I don't know your age, but slow down, Nellie...every kicker we cut goes on to monumental greatness. 

Research. 

Sure...but we haven’t had a good kicker since Chip Lohmiller (that should tell you my age)....this cat has had his chances it’s time to move on. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, primetime441 said:

Again, you're living in a fantasy. If you have the talent to do so, you can absolutely have comebacks, even down by a lot. We don't have that.

This team has exactly 1 really good player on offense, and he depends on the QB to get him the ball. 

Scrambling around for the last 2-3 minutes of a game isn't going to change that. In order to become a team that can come back, our individual players have to be better. You don't just magically get better by playing hard in the last 3 minutes of a game where you've been ****ty in most aspects.

You sound like some sort of low priced motivational speaker.

giphy.gif