Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Defensive Line Thread

Burgundy Yoda

I like PFF, it seems to be recognized league wide as a solid source for at least benchmarking player ratings from week to week but its starting to become clear that the way they rate interior D lineman may be flawed.

D Payne gets nothing but love week in and week out from anyone who analyzes his film but he gets crushed by PFF weekly.

What's the deal?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If you don’t think you’re getting him re-signed for anything less than 14 a year you’re dreaming.

I just checked this, and you're worried about nothing.  He's still under contract next year

7 minutes ago, carex said:

I just checked this, and you're worried about nothing.  He's still under contract next year

Well I fully expect he would hold out considering how team friendly his contract has been (even for a rookie). If we aren’t signing him  before the season starts then we’re probably not signing him.

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Look, it's late, so help me out here:  do you mean Jonathan Allen will get less or more than $14million?

I think more. Salaries have been skyrocketing and with him signed for next year, things from a financial perspective may go back to normal by then. But I no doubt feel that teams will throw buttloads of money and with the way this franchise has competed, I can’t see him sticking around with any sort of hometown discount. I know he’s a DT and not a DE but the way salaries have shot thanks to the Bosas and Garretts making close to 30 a year, it’s almost impossible to see Allen not making close to if not at least half that.

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

This is Allen's last year of his contract unless we exercised his 5th year option(which we should either way).

we’ve done that so he is slated to get around 10mil in 2021 under that 5th year option.

long term, it’s a tough one to call. I get the impression Allen is one of the more vocal presences in the locker room and whenever I hear the reference to players being sick of losing, he always come to mind. Long way around saying, without a swift upturn in the teams on field performance then I can’t imagine he’ll want to stick around here.

on another player, Ioannidis will be playing out the last 2 years of his deal through 2021/22 at around 2 years 12mil. got to think he’s worth more than that, when healthy of course.

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Young, Sweat, and Payne were great.

Allen was largely invisible. I wonder if we can trade him to a team that needs a DT and recoup either a high draft pick or another talented young player at another position.

Allen got the safety and was right there on at least one of the sacks, I'm surprised he didn't have a half sack credit

• Like 5

1 minute ago, carex said:

Allen got the safety and was right there on at least one of the sacks, I'm surprised he didn't have a half sack credit

The Safety was all on Collins with the strip sack. Securing the tackle on a guy who was already down in the end zone is nothing, just being in the right place at the right time.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The Safety was all on Collins with the strip sack. Securing the tackle on a guy who was already down in the end zone is nothing, just being in the right place at the right time.

that is an important thing that we frequently lack so....

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You do realize that being in the right place at the right time is a valuable skill for defensive players, right?...There's a reason "Always around the ball" is said as a compliment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1