Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Defensive Line Thread

Burgundy Yoda

51 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I've been disappointed with Daron Payne's effectiveness here.  I thought he'd be unlocked more.  That hasn't happened.  Either that's on Payne or that's on the coaches.

I've been hoping for more interior pressure.

I feel like the whole point of their front 7 now is for Payne and Allen to basically clog up the middle and let the DE with their speed contain and pressure. Most of the successful runs seem to be from outside the pocket.

Also, I know he’s 107 but is Thomas Davis ever gonna play?

Our guys will never show up high on that pass rush win rate. A win is a beating your man and having a clear path to the QB within 2.5 seconds right? Chase and Matt might be the only ones that get wins. 

Our guys push people around more and move bodies into the QB. Allen for example just gets his sacks because of effort and a lot of coverage sacks tbh. That dude never beats his man within 2.5 seconds but he's still a damn good player. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

Pressure up front is the key for us imo.  With chase et al collapsing the edges, there’s nowhere for qbs to step up.  If we can execute this properly, we don’t have to send xtra folk all the time.  Pressure with 4...consistent pressure...is what they need to consistently produce

4 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

If a DL trade is on the horizon, max value is probably with one of the interior guys. We have 4 horses there and all are young. Kerrigan just has so little value due to his age

Actually I disagree. Because of the cap going down significantly next year, teams on the verge of competing looking for that "Demarcus Ware to Denver" acquisition would be looking at Kerrigan because he's not on the books after this year. Most contending teams aren't in a position to take on a hefty salary for the coming years so RK would be ideal.

17 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Actually I disagree. Because of the cap going down significantly next year, teams on the verge of competing looking for that "Demarcus Ware to Denver" acquisition would be looking at Kerrigan because he's not on the books after this year. Most contending teams aren't in a position to take on a hefty salary for the coming years so RK would be ideal.

our young guys are young enough they're not super high salaries

3 hours ago, carex said:

our young guys are young enough they're not super high salaries

No but we’re not trading them unless it’s for firsts. And unless it’s Sweat, guys like Allen and Payne are due for massive extensions soon. Kerrigan would be a hired gun for this year alone and a team against the cap would be more interested in spending a 3rd or 4th on that than a haul for a younger guy.