Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Defensive Line Thread

Burgundy Yoda

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The sad thing, is that it's taken this long in his career, to properly use the RK.

The amazing thing is he's playing like a 2nd or 3rd year player, at this stage of his career.

I'm a big RK fan but I don't see them signing him again so they simply have to trade the one player of value (read not Anderson who has no value) they have while they can.  

He's having one of his best years.

Why would we not want to re-sign him, if he wants to be here ?

The rotation of Kerrigan, Sweat, and Young, is something you want to have.

It's something I think Rivera and JDR want to have.

Only way we trade him, IMO, is if it's for a proven, impact player that fits a hole that's a glaring need.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He's having one of his best years.

Why would we not want to re-sign him, if he wants to be here ?

The rotation of Kerrigan, Sweat, and Young, is something you want to have.

It's something I think Rivera and JDR want to have.

Only way we trade him, IMO, is if it's for a proven, impact player that fits a hole that's a glaring need.

Its just a poor use of resources. You're spending cap money on a rotational player. That kind of money could go to someone who starts at a position of a more dire need.

I’d bet he takes a bit of a discount to stay here. Not a crazy one, he needs to acquire around what he would on the open market. But I doubt at this point in his life that he’d want to uproot his family unless his only goal is winning immediately. 

I’d love to have him in the rotation. 

• Like 3

Wish the bye week was next week. Last weeks win may leave them hesitant to trade away players.

A loss Sunday would prompt a sell mentality and a win would lead to optimism for this season.

I have a hard time seeing Anderson bringing much value but RK...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I’d bet he takes a bit of a discount to stay here. Not a crazy one, he needs to acquire around what he would on the open market. But I doubt at this point in his life that he’d want to uproot his family unless his only goal is winning immediately. 

with a $175 mil cap the open market is going to be a bit different

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, carex said:

with a $175 mil cap the open market is going to be a bit different

could well be for the mid/lower tier free agents with regards to the contracts they get. 

and you’ll see more back loaded/slightly longer deals to spread the cap hit in year 1

15 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I have a hard time seeing Anderson bringing much value but RK...

I could see Anderson in a player swap move for someone else on an expiring deal.

Kerrigan, 4th maybe?

• Like 1

I've got to be one of the most critical fans of Kerrigan and even I have zero interest in trading him. If he's at DE3 with two guys on rookie deals in front of him, then who gives a **** if he's over paid. Our production to price for that group is nuts and we might even have RAs replacement too. 

I'm also not complaining how bad Anderson is in one breath, then talking up his trade value in the next.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Sweat was 1000% worth the trade. Cooley has given him A grades in the last 4 games I think. He’s been an animal there, statistically, and passes the eye test.

I’ve now convinced myself we took him and Terry in round 1, and Dwayne in round 3. The pain hurts far less this way 😅

He has been.  Colts trade back is normally a good idea, unless that pick turns into someone like Sweat.

It's too early to say the Colts lost, as they do draft well so get the benefit of the doubt.

Could be a win win scenario.

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Maybe its because I'm getting old and a little sentimental, but Kerrigan is this teams all time sack leader and a proven leader. I hold on to him, not worth trading him for a 3rd or 4th rounder in my eyes. 

I also think he's got a few more years of effective play given his new role... 

• Like 2

The best thing this team could do if it's even possible is lock up Chase and Sweat for a long time, those 2 would be an unbelievable tandem for years and years.  While I can see the agrument for signing RK giving a fairly big contract to an aging vet is not something a rebuilding team should be doing IMO.  But I do agree he may take a discount, and with the lower cap who knows what his price will be on the open market. But you have to believe the offers will be higher from teams with a bigger need for this skill than this team has.  

20 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The best thing this team could do if it's even possible is lock up Chase and Sweat for a long time, those 2 would be an unbelievable tandem for years and years.  While I can see the agrument for signing RK giving a fairly big contract to an aging vet is not something a rebuilding team should be doing IMO.  But I do agree he may take a discount, and with the lower cap who knows what his price will be on the open market. But you have to believe the offers will be higher from teams with a bigger need for this skill than this team has.  

:ols: Chase has played what? 4 or 5 games and you want to sign them long term? :ols:

We'll be lucky if neither go 5 years on rookie contracts without holdouts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I could see Anderson in a player swap move for someone else on an expiring deal.

Kerrigan, 4th maybe?

If there were a player for player trade is there a way to discuss an extension prior to the trade or does that need to be done after? It would be nic to be able to trade Anderson for lets say a decent all purpose TE or OL that would agree to stay for a couple years

Yeah I doubt we could get higher than a 4th and that might be a reach unless the team is desperate for rush help

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Sweat was 1000% worth the trade. Cooley has given him A grades in the last 4 games I think. He’s been an animal there, statistically, and passes the eye test.

I’ve now convinced myself we took him and Terry in round 1, and Dwayne in round 3. The pain hurts far less this way 😅

I like your thought pattern, lol!

I was pissed when they didn't take Sweat at 15. When they came at the end of the round I was ecstatic.

• Like 1

You know what the Washington Football Team has in abundance, so much that the Justice Department should open an antitrust investigation?  Losing team culture.  Other than 2012 and the Gibbs II years, Team was been a morale bog for two decades.  We finally have a chance to right the ship and some people here want to ship out the few winning-culture attitude guys, including a still very productive RK (for a 4th!) and even our very own next Keenan McCardell (that being Terry McLaurin), and some guys want to tank again on the theory that we don't have to worry about instilling (or permafrosting) a losing culture for good.  The road to Hell is paved with the souls of QBs taken at the top of the draft by teams who reveled in losing culture.

23 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We're not gonna resign him so why not trade him for value while you can? A contender in need of a pass rusher will probably give up a 4th for him, maybe even a 3rd.

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Kerrigan, 4th maybe?

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Maybe its because I'm getting old and a little sentimental, but Kerrigan is this teams all time sack leader and a proven leader. I hold on to him, not worth trading him for a 3rd or 4th rounder in my eyes. 

21 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Yeah I doubt we could get higher than a 4th and that might be a reach unless the team is desperate for rush help

1 minute ago, GothSkinsFan said:

We finally have a chance to right the ship and some people here want to ship out the few winning-culture attitude guys, including a still very productive RK (for a 4th!)

I can't help but think of our heavy history of drafting duds in the 4th round, and become convinced we will get nothing out of it essentially, so I REALLY don't want to trade for a 4th.

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

Baltimore really wouldn't be uprooting his family all that much. And they offered for him last year...

• Like 1