Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Prediction Thread - Cards vs. The Football Team

zCommander

I get that the Eagles had injuries on the Oline, but they still had an All Pro at C and a future HoFer at LT. Their Line with injuries is better than the Cards and they are without their Center. Payne, Allen and Iaon are going to love that.

The Eagles Defense is also a much better defense than the Cards.

i just don't like the matchup.  What the Cards do on offense, which is get the ball out quickly to a very talented group of WRs negates WFT's greatest strength, the pass rush.  Murray's running ability puts stress on the LBs, which isn't a WFT strength.  And the WRs are very talented, which puts stress on the secondary, which isn't great.

On the flip side, they have a beast rush DE, and he's probably going to go up against Jeron Christian.  That by itself could be a real problem. 

If the WFT is going to win this one, I think they're going to have to do it on offense.  The D might be able to contain the Cardinals, but the 49ers defense is better than ours, and had trouble.  We're going to need to score at least 30 to win.

It's not impossible.  But this game is going to be tougher than the eagles.

I see 30 - 20 Cardinals. 

I'm still happy with the direction of the team.  But I just don't like this matchup at all.  Frankly, I think the matchup with the 49ers is better.  

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

i just don't like the matchup.  What the Cards do on offense, which is get the ball out quickly to a very talented group of WRs negates WFT's greatest strength, the pass rush.  Murray's running ability puts stress on the LBs, which isn't a WFT strength.  And the WRs are very talented, which puts stress on the secondary, which isn't great.

It’s all fun and games until they run into 2nd and 3rd and longs. 

The key all year is to demolish the other team’s run games to point it’s at a risk of losing yards. The Eagles lost all faith in the run game and became one dimensional. This must happen with Cards (Murray scrambles are separate). The offense can not be relied on to provide positive game flows for the pass rush. The defense will have to do much of it on their own. 

On 9/19/2020 at 9:35 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

On the flip side, they have a beast rush DE, and he's probably going to go up against Jeron Christian.  That by itself could be a real problem. 

If the WFT is going to win this one, I think they're going to have to do it on offense.  The D might be able to contain the Cardinals, but the 49ers defense is better than ours, and had trouble.  We're going to need to score at least 30 to win.

It's not impossible.  But this game is going to be tougher than the eagles.

I see 30 - 20 Cardinals. 

I'm still happy with the direction of the team.  But I just don't like this matchup at all.  Frankly, I think the matchup with the 49ers is better.  

I just came on here to post the same prediction with basically the exact same reasoning.  Here’s hoping we’re both wrong.  

I’ll go with 34-24 - ‘Zona, instead.  

On 9/16/2020 at 10:41 AM, JSSkinz said:

I pick us to lose every week because we haven't proved to be consistent but after watching the Cardinals play I don't think we need to have a bunch of sacks to win this game, its more about containing the outside.  Murray doesn't like to stay in the pocket so if we can force him to stay inside I think we have a good shot if the D shows up again.

But I'm picking the Cards.

Card - 20

Us - 17

I thought it would be close and it would have if not for fumble inside the 5 and coming away with 3 points on another drive inside the 5.

A  fumbled punt return and that's your ingredients for disaster with this offense, it has to be mistake free.

We got to Murray early and forced the turnover but you to cash in, could have been a totally different game had Haskins not fumbled away those early points.

Archived