Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Prediction Thread - Cards vs. The Football Team

Since @skins island connection is not doing these prediction threads and to give away stuff since the name of the team has changed. It really is a bummer. I did win a Skins flag and it was really nice. That flag will forever stay hung in my basement over the TV. :)

Here is my prediction: 

Cards 17

Football Team 30

HTTFT!

:815:

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Oh cool..ok..sounds good...its official..5 dollars to the winner...I'm to broke to go 10 lol..

All entries need to be made before the game starts. That would be 4pm EST. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

WFT- 27

Cards- 23

The 49ers looked flat last week, but the defense was able to get to them. Ours is better. Knocked down passes, sacks, fumbles and by the second half when they are worn out, the picks will come. They also don't have a great TE to kill us.

Offensively I think Turner dials it back a bit and builds a rhythm for Haskins and hopefully sticks with Gibson a bit longer, so he can break one off. 

I feel better about this one, since watching the Cards Niners game. 

I think we come back to reality a bit here. 

I think the DL will always give us a chance, but our LBs are scary and Murray can move. If we spy with an end, we negate part of our rush strength. A safety and we negate our mediocre coverage unit and leave guys like Apke on an island. And we do not have the backers to spy... but hey, maybe that’s what they’ll be good at. 

I expect to see Chandler Jones lined up on Christian... so tight end will need to be involved over there a bit... and misdirection needs to be used. 

If they can slow Jones and Murray, the Team has a chance. 

I think Arizona wins this one, but the DL can force Murray into mistakes (he’s short so if they can get hands in his face they can force errors).

So I think Zona wins but I won’t rule out a WFT victory here.

• Like 6

Pump the breaks! This new team was great against the former rival of the Redskins, but Arizona is a little bit of a different animal. 

Their QB will make this team pay for over rushing and they still have a few weapons that can hurt this defensive secondary. One glorious win does not a season make, I refer to the RGIII who played for the now defunct Redskins franchise, defeat of the superior Saints in week 1 only to lose the next week to an inferior team. 

Arizona 28

WTF I mean WFT 19 

Crashing back down to earth Haskins still not accurate, little running game, we get some sacks but our secondary gets continually exposed like it will all year 

I predicted we'd beat the Eagles last Sunday.  I'd be somewhat shocked if we beat Arizona.  Arizona 27, WFT 14.

I am enjoying the euphoria of the win.  But I watched most of the Arizona game and was struck in my opinion about how much more of a complete team they are than us.  They are really well rounded.  We IMO alas aren't a well rounded team.

Our defensive line is killer but IMO they won't play like that every game.  The Eagles O line was banged up.  The defense set up really just about every score.  That's not going to happen every game.

Our left side of the O line is awful.  The running game is off to a poor start.   We don't have much weapons in the passing game. 

We got a really great D line and the secondary might be better than advertised.  I think that combination helps us get to 6 wins, maybe 7.  But I don't think this team is above average, yet.  But I do think it's trending in the right direction and we will be really good next year.

The Cardinals to me are further along in the rebuilding process.  Deandre Hopkins was a great get for them.  

It's an interesting game for me because to my eyes the Cardinals are a distinctly better team than ours.  Different class of talent IMO.  So if somehow we upset them in Arizona I'll become an instant believer because in order to beat that team, IMO we'd need to have more going for us than just the D line.  My fear with this team right now is we are a Johnny One Note team and aren't apples to apples with the 49ers from last year because the 49ers actually had good talent that went beyond just the D line including the best TE in the league.

But I am excited about the future.  Chase Young.  Chase Young.  Chase Young.  😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Listening to Standig this morning who like me also predicated them beating the Eagles but sounds skeptical they beat Arizona.  Suggested if they beat Arizona, there might be more of an urgency of finding upgrades during the season (Allen Robinson?) than there might be now.

• Like 1

Redskins. 19

Cardinals 17

Thank you zskins!

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Arizona wins 27-19

They look a strong outfit to me. Couple of big plays by Hopkins ends up being the difference.

15 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Washington Red Rhinos 74, Cardinals 3.

Ooohhhhh.... that's one I haven't heard... I think I could get into that actually I don't think there's an actual Red Rhino in existence per se but I'm imagining a few different badass looking red rhino logos lol

2 hours ago, Hdf561 said:

Pump the breaks! This new team was great against the former rival of the Redskins, but Arizona is a little bit of a different animal. 

Their QB will make this team pay for over rushing and they still have a few weapons that can hurt this defensive secondary. One glorious win does not a season make, I refer to the RGIII who played for the now defunct Redskins franchise, defeat of the superior Saints in week 1 only to lose the next week to an inferior team. 

Arizona 28

WTF I mean WFT 19 

Crashing back down to earth Haskins still not accurate, little running game, we get some sacks but our secondary gets continually exposed like it will all year 

What part of the team is new?... outside of the rookies drafted it's still the same team

Definitely agree w/ many here is this a reality check game after a euphoric come from behind victory. Kyler is going to be difficult to contain and we don’t have a corner who can go toe to toe with Hopkins. Chandler Jones will abuse Christian and will force us to limit our offense. 

Could Washington win? Of course. But going into this game, I’m feeling a little less optimistic than I did Philly. 

AZ - 27

WFT - 21

That said... it’s nice to actually look forward to games as fun events as compared to last season. 

Edited by Rskins91
  • Like 2

The Football team is hungry. And so far it only eats Birds. I say it keeps going. 

Football team - 27

Tasty little birds - 21

I have no reason not to be a homer at this point other than reality and I hate that ****. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I pick us to lose every week because we haven't proved to be consistent but after watching the Cardinals play I don't think we need to have a bunch of sacks to win this game, its more about containing the outside.  Murray doesn't like to stay in the pocket so if we can force him to stay inside I think we have a good shot if the D shows up again.

But I'm picking the Cards.

Card - 20

Us - 17

3 hours ago, Hdf561 said:

Arizona 28

WTF I mean WFT 19 

You may be right, but we didn't overrush. Most of the game we rushed with four only occasionally bringing five. I suspect that this will be a hard game. I will be okay with that. In fact, I will be happy if every game this year is a hard, competitive one.

As much as Hopkins "went off" last week, it is still a dink and dunk offense.  Even his longest reception was all YAC.

Murray's average yards per attempt was 5.8 yards and his yards per completion was 8.8 yards.  Outside of Hopkins' 33 yard YAC on the one play, the numbers are even less than stellar.

Not saying he's a bad QB, just saying there was nothing impressive, just like our offense.

Hold Murray's scrambling and rushing yards to a minimum and we have a punchers chance.  Last time I used "punchers chance" was last week.

Soooooo, that means:

Football Team 23

Cards 20

Edited by Audible_Red40
  • Haha 1

Four things that scare me:

1. Will we come down with an acute case of Bigheaditis? In the past the Skins have not done well after upset wins. They’ve had a tendency to lay back relax and listen to their press clippings with the expectation that they have arrived.

2. Kyler Murray moves around like a midnight ****roach after the light gets turned on. He can beat you running or force the secondary to stay with their receivers for 5 or 6 seconds.

3. A guy named Chandler gives me shivers because... The left side of our o-line is a crisis in progress. The less said the better.

4. Arizona has two serious threats at wide receiver. Hopkins is a game breaking number one target who had a career high 14 receptions last week. Fitzgerald is a big bull of a possesion receiver that can still get loose for a quick six or make that clutch first down to keep a drive alive.

Four things that give me hope:

1. Coach Ron and his staff. They will do their part to keep the team focused and prepared to attack this week’s target without either looking back to the past or forward to the future.

2. OUR DEFENSIVE LINE STARTERS and OUR DEFENSIVE LINE BACKUPS.

WASHINGTON IS THE FIRST TEAM IN NFL HISTORY TO HAVE 5 FIRST ROUND PICKS ALL DRAFTED BY THE SAME TEAM HAVE AT LEAST 0.5 SACKS IN ONE GAME. (from GMFB ticker)

3. Kyler Murray takes sacks. Lots and lots of sacks. 

KYLER MURRAY HAS BEEN SACKED 50 TIMES SINCE 2019. TIED FOR 2nd MOST IN THE NFL. (from GMFB ticker)

4. PRESSURE.

We WILL pressure, harass and contain Kyler Murray. We will test his manhood. Like the Steelers line tested RGIII in 2012. The first game where Griffen really got hit and hit hard all day long. The game where he first complained to the refs (to no avail) that he was being hit when he handed off the ball on read option plays. The game where he was largely ineffective. The game we lost badly.

We will force Murray to choose between taking another sack or playing hero ball and making a bad decision. Hopefully, he will play the hero.

Pressure makes diamonds. It reveals character. It also wins games. Pressure creates indecision and forces bad decisions.

Bad decisions lead to turnovers and on Sunday—  our ability to create pressure induced TURNOVERS WILL DECIDE THE GAME.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1

Is a game I planned to attend as I did a couple years ago which was a win.  They have better coaching and a much better QB this time (Bradford and Rosen last time).  Hopkins is a major upgrade as well... BUT the Skins are a better team as well.  

Sneak out a close gritty win.  27-24 Skins.