Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

JSSkinz

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Temple is North Philly off street road near lehigh. 10th street blue line exit. I was born on 2 street. I love that city. University city is west philly with Drexel and stuff. That area use to be awful, like when I lived there at 42 and Walnut. It's nice now.

How did you come to be a Skins fan?

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

How did you come to be a Skins fan?

When I was a little kid I wanted to talk to my grandfather, but he never really talked unless football was on, then he was just yelling. It was Thanksgiving 79 I think. Redskins Cowboys on TV. He tells me to route for the Skins, so I did. By Christmas I had been learning everything I could. Reading papers at the library and stuff. At Christmas he was really lit up at the TV. Eagles vs Cowboys. I'm spouting off all this Skins stuff and he asks me "what the hell do you know about the skins for? Stop talking about them, I hate them". But I thought you said to cheer for them?" He says, "I did, because I hate the cowboys. Always route against the cowboys no matter what. We're Eagles fans".  So, 1980 SB, I'm kinda torn and just watching all the games I could at the time and liked a lot of teams, but was mainly for the Eagles and the family went out for dinner at the Ground Round. I hung go Eagles signs everywhere in the house and tried to watch at the bar. My folks didn't like sports. The next morning it was like someone **** on christmas and I was heart broken. Little 7 year old kid. I liked the AFC west, it was awesome in the 80's. I still had learned so much about the skins and they were on the way up. Even drafted a distant uncle of mine, Rich Milot, so I kind of cheered for both Eagles and Redskins for a long time. Which was awesome in the late 80's/early 90's. Something like 13 straight games decided by 8 points or less. Something like that. Eagles were always that ****ed up weird kid you kinda pull for in life, but the Skins were power football and what football was suppose to be.

and if I couldn't walk away from this **** ass franchise over the last 25 years, I guess I'm a lifer.

2 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Placing him on IR is less intense.  If he ever does actually play in another NFL game again that's almost 3 yrs absent.  Doesn't look good for Reuben.  His career might be over. 

Oh ya, odds are tough and career will be over if he doesn’t regain his speed and explosion— he is an undersized dude that needs those elite traits. 

Has nothing to do with intensity it’s if he can regain his explosion and speed. Being in a more intense environment has nothing to with it. It’d be one thing if he was all the way back and placing him on IR, but they’re saying that’s not the case— May never be. 

Lol, Raiders out there trading drunk. Either that or Lynn Bowden isn’t fitting in out there. I liked him in the draft, but had questions about character and thought AG had more juice though. I had Laviska over AG because of production, but with his injury history I might end up missing on that one. 

9 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Lol, Raiders out there trading drunk. Either that or Lynn Bowden isn’t fitting in out there. I liked him in the draft, but had questions about character and thought AG had more juice though. I had Laviska over AG because of production, but with his injury history I might end up missing on that one. 

Bowden is a breathtaking player but my read on him was that he was a bit of a punk.  Sometimes more about himself than his team.  Not always in control of his emotions on the field.

15 minutes ago, carex said:

so, any cuts we have to bring in? 

Time to think practice squad too.  I think we go heavy on WR, plus a couple G/C.  No tackles.  We have five on the roster

I think Timon Parris (yes, a tackle) has a good shot at the practice squad. Possibly Joshua Garnett and potentially Ross Pierschbacher. But yeah, any of the camp bodies at receiver - Trey Quinn, Cam Sims, Tony Brown, Jester Weah, and Johnathan Johnson could make it. Not all of them, but at least 3 makes sense. Hale Hentges probably sticks at TE. Possibly Steven Montez at QB. Jordan Brailford is a good bet. David Bada is essentially a free spot. Possibly Donald Payne. Maybe Aaron Colvin. Probably Jeremy Reaves. Maybe even Nate Orchard. That's 16 guys I just named, but that's including all 5 receivers. Probably a RB mixed in.

Plus, I'd be a little shocked if the team claimed no one. With the second waiver spot, there's a lot of potential options

18 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I think Timon Parris (yes, a tackle) has a good shot at the practice squad.

I used to be a Parris fan, hoping he'd develop into something, as he had some nice tangibles.

But with him straggling onto a Training Camp roster, on and off, for 3 straight years in Washington, it's time to move on from him.

Unless the new OL coach feels he can take a different and better approach with him.

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Who is our best linebacker?  I was going to say Anderson, but he’s more of a defensive end.  Jon Bostic possibly?

I think the hybrid guys KPL and Khaleke Hudson are our most talented linebackers.  They are explosive and rangy rather than being confined to playing in one part of the field.

The other thing is KPL and Hudson are going to be getting a lot of unblocked looks into the backfield because of the caliber of the DL in front of them.  They're going to get to play the heat seeking missile role that they are well-suited for.

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

Who is our best linebacker?  I was going to say Anderson, but he’s more of a defensive end.  Jon Bostic possibly?

Depends.  

Best against the run? Probably Holcomb. 

Best against the pass? Probably SDH or KPL.

Best pass-rusher? Definitely KPL.

Best overall? 🤷‍♂️

We have 24 players under the age of 25 on this roster and a majority of those are starting. It's going to be fun watching this team grow, I'd say since Kirk left we have been rebuilding the roster and gradually making it younger. I feel like the fans deserved a true rebuild, and now we finally have a home-grown roster in place for the first time in 20+ years. This isn't a squad of mercenaries anymore. 

Edit: Correction, we have 25 players under 25. I don't remember us ever having that much. 

46 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Was he injured last year or something?

Broke his hand in preseason. With the additions of draft picks and Johnson, He is the odd man out now.

He suffers from many of the same issues as DK Metcaff had as a receiver, but I'm cool with him being a one trick pony for now. From a physical standpoint, he outpaces AGG in almost every category. Height, weight, speed (MPH 40yd and 20yd), wingspan, hand size... its not even close in a few of those areas. He is a great physical specimen. I would love to grab his rookie deal and see if we can make something out of him.

Maybe we could line the two up on opposite sides of the formation and finally throw a successful fade pass.

18 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

There are some pretty interesting names out there. I’d like is to take a look at 

Joe Bachie

Jake Hanson

Calvin Thockmorton

Throckmorton was a draft thread favorite here. Surprised he's out there.

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We have 24 players under the age of 25 on this roster and a majority of those are starting. It's going to be fun watching this team grow, I'd say since Kirk left we have been rebuilding the roster and gradually making it younger. I feel like the fans deserved a true rebuild, and now we finally have a home-grown roster in place for the first time in 20+ years. This isn't a squad of mercenaries anymore. 

Edit: Correction, we have 25 players under 25. I don't remember us ever having that much. 

I was talking about this the other day. We have got to have the youngest 53 in the league, especially now without AP. Other than Kerrigan and TD, is anyone else even 30? That's incredible and exciting. The future is so ****ing bright for this team.

Archived