Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

JSSkinz

3 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Not what you want to hear your coach say about you.

I don’t understand. If that’s what the coach honestly thinks then why even keep him around? It’s not like we didn’t give him a million chances whether from the legal issues to injuries.

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't think the team would have the guts to put him in a live game so I think the COVID narrative is overplayed, the logic behind your point makes sense but there's no way Alex gets live action this year, just my opinion.

Haskins deep to McLaurin.  Couple of TDs on run/screen/sleight-of-hand heavy drives, D with a dozen sacks and couple of turnovers resulting in FGs.  27-0 entering the 4th, Ron says to Alex:  "You ever hear about this thing they did back in the day called the Riggo drill?  I'm going to send you out there and no matter what play I call, you run 50-gut."  Alex:  "So that's why Settle's going in at tailback."

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t understand. If that’s what the coach honestly thinks then why even keep him around? It’s not like we didn’t give him a million chances whether from the legal issues to injuries.

You’ve invested in the dude, why not see if he can make it all the way back this year while under contract. The team would be in great position to resign for a prove it deal next year due to the relationship established. I applaud seeing it all the way through and it shows he’s impressed the staff off the field. 

9 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Haskins deep to McLaurin.  Couple of TDs on run/screen/sleight-of-hand heavy drives, D with a dozen sacks and couple of turnovers resulting in FGs.  27-0 entering the 4th, Ron says to Alex:  "You ever hear about this thing they did back in the day called the Riggo drill?  I'm going to send you out there and no matter what play I call, you run 50-gut."  Alex:  "So that's why Settle's going in at tailback."

I was thinking something like though though I was thinking they might let him throw one quick pass to RB, who can fall right to the ground and then they kneel

6 minutes ago, wit33 said:

You’ve invested in the dude, why not see if he can make it all the way back this year while under contract. The team would be in great position to resign for a prove it deal next year due to the relationship established. I applaud seeing it all the through and it shows he’s impressed the staff off the field. 

he's still under contract for next year, it's just that's the years that are voidable where we can afford to cut him

8 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Just listened to Ron's presser, he said Alex is cleared for contact but hasn't taken any and Ron doesn't plan on letting him take any but Standig kind of held him to the fire and asked if they needed him to play in the Philly game would he be comfortable putting him out there and Ron said "yeah" in a high pitched tone.

16 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The key question for me is: has Foster plateaued mentally, physically (as a result of injury) or both?

If it’s a mental plateau adjusting to his responsibilities in the new defense he’s probably salvageable given that he’s performed well in Frisco. If it’s a physical plateau it’s probably worth keeping him on ir to see if he can recover either this year or next on a prove it deal. If it’s both I think I would probably just cut bait.

The one thing we can’t measure is how hard he works, how much he wants it, what kind of teammate he is and what the coaches think about him personally. Those intangibles mean a lot when making a borderline decision of keep or cut.

15 minutes ago, wit33 said:

You’ve invested in the dude, why not see if he can make it all the way back this year while under contract. The team would be in great position to resign for a prove it deal next year due to the relationship established. I applaud seeing it all the through and it shows he’s impressed the staff off the field. 

But if your coach basically said you’ve plateaued then they’ve basically said that this is as good as they’re gonna be. 

3 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

It was interesting to hear Ron in his presser say that the competition is still on-going, especially for the first 4 games. He wants to see who steps up and shows they can be a part of this teams core for many years to come. 

I think that's going to be true for the entire year. Every game this year is about the future. This year is going to be a hustle, heart, and homework. Players who show they can excel individually and even moreso within the team concept will become part of the plan.

This year is not about the Superbowl or even the playoffs. It's about building the foundation. That said, I fully expect 7-9 and with a few good bounces for us to have a chance to sneak into the playoffs. Why? I think the coaching was really bad the last few years and we could see our talent (especially on D) finally emerge.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

But if your coach basically said you’ve plateaued then they’ve basically said that this is as good as they’re gonna be. 

I hear you and that might end up proving to be true. I take in the context he plateaued in the current time frame, but with more time maybe there’s opportunity for improvement and why you keep him on IR. 

I think the idea about Foster is that he is not all the way back yet. Either he is being limited by his injury, or has some kind of metal block and is struggling from it. (like not trusting a perfectly healthy leg)

He has potential, so they are likely just doing their due diligence and giving him some more time to get through it. Not the worst move in the world, and if it pays off it could be big.

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I hear you and that might end up proving to be true. I take in the context he plateaued in the current time frame, but with more time maybe there’s opportunity for improvement and why you keep him on IR. 

Fair point. I didn’t consider that aspect. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Loved TNG but ABSOLUTELY HATED WESLEY AND HIS MOM!!! lol

He had some good episodes.  The game one where an addictive game starts to brainwash the crew, that was good.

He was kind of used most of the time as the annoying foil for the main cast to explain stuff though.

54 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I bet not many people would guess that the final roster would have two Wesley's. And on the o-line no less. Must have been a lot of Star Trek Next Generation fans  twenty years ago.

The o-line has two Wesleys but the d-line has all the crushers.

Zebra - the game episode you're talking about is "The Game".  It's a great episode.  As for Dr. Crusher, mmmmmm....  Tasty ginger.

25 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

He had some good episodes.  The game one where an addictive game starts to brainwash the crew, that was good.

He was kind of used most of the time as the annoying foil for the main cast to explain stuff though.

Agreed, and  perhaps I'm being too rough and a bit myopic in my judgement of a series I haven’t watched in some time.

However, when I think of my favorite episodes and moments from TNG none of them feature Wesley or Beverly Crusher but just about every other major and even a few very minor characters (Ensign Ro) come to mind. 

I think I might just watch my favorite episode “The Inner Light” and perhaps “Q Who“ or “Cause and Effect“ tonight just for old times sake.

Engage!

26 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I think it was that and that the show's creator's were trying to pander to the kids to make them watch. One of Wesley's problems was that he became the superhuman, super fix it kid that was smarter than everyone and excelled at everything. In writer's terms, he became a Mary Sue.

Chiefs waived/released 

T Jackson Barton, CB Chris Lammons, DB Lavert Hill, DB Rodney Clemons, DE Breeland Speaks, DE Tim Ward, DT Braxton Hoyett, DT Devaroe Lawrence, G Ryan Hunter, LB Darius Harris, LB Omari Cobb, OL Darryl Williams, QB Jordan Ta'amu, QB Matt Moore, RB DeAndre Washington, RB Elijah McGuire, S Adrian Colbert, T Greg Senat, TE Daniel Helm, WR Gehrig Dieter, WR Jody Fortson, WR Justice Shelton-Mosley, WR Kalija Lipscomb, and WR Maurice Ffrench.

•  

70844C24-3549-4B8D-87A1-5230A0EB39F7.gif

Archived