Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

JSSkinz

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The Orchard cut stings. It makes sense that it happened. Young guys and Washington vets who have positive character and can contribute in his position. But still, was an Orchard fan. 

I would imagine there's a good change he's brought back on the practice squad. The team needs to fill 16 spots and my guess is most of them will come from today's cuts. You can always try and poach guys from other teams too, but the guys you just cut at least know the playbook.

5 minutes ago, carex said:

combined with cap money and the COVID-19 situation, yes

I don't think the team would have the guts to put him in a live game so I think the COVID narrative is overplayed, the logic behind your point makes sense but there's no way Alex gets live action this year, just my opinion.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You really missed the point of his gif didnt you 😂

Yes I did but to be honest I didn't notice it.  I'll take a second look.🤣

1 hour ago, Shakazullo21 said:

Are you sure?  Just saw he was cut.

I'm not the only one.🤣

There have been an insane amount of drafted rookies cut so far, i guess not all that surprising. I'd like to see us bring in a couple of younger corners like Sidney Jones and Lamar Jackson who just got cut.

Also, take a flyer on Deandre Baker who just got cut from Tennessee and who was apparently having a good camp. 

Bring him in

NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
JAUAN JENNINGSWR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
Jauan_Jennings%20.jpg

49ers waived seventh-round WR Jauan Jennings.

Jennings' disastrous 40-time (4.72) and hops (29" vertical) at Indy's combine pushed him into the seventh round, but some figured he had a shot to make San Francisco's active roster since he still led the nation with 30 missed tackles in '19. His team-high 17 plays of 20-plus yards from last year will still likely earn him a spot on the team's practice squad.

Sep 5, 2020, 1:43 PM ET
  •  

1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I like our personnel at RB, but Alvin Kamara is Alvin Kamara. I'm sure wouldnt we wouldnt go after him, but I would go ape **** if we did. 

Apparently they (N.O.) almost had a deal done, but nobody seems to know with whom. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This might be interesting to watch.  The Browns kept 5 TEs and are reportedly looking for DL help.  TE an obvious need for the WFT.  We say Anderson not being moved, the Browns have said Njoku wasn't being moved.  They're gonna say no until something actually happen.

I think we still have 11 offensive lineman on the roster: Christian, Moses, Lucas, Sharpe, and Charles are the tackles. Martin, Scherff, Schweitzer, and Garnett are the guards. Roullier and Ismael are the centers. Did one of these players get cut without me noticing? I don't see us carrying 11.  I'm wondering if Charles will go on IR. Lucas, Sharpe, Schweitzer, or Garnett would seem to be the most likely cut candidates.

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Why would he want to come here?

Sanu and Haskins are very close friends. Haskins has called Sanu a mentor.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Big Jauan Jennings fan here, not a measurables guy obviously but he had a decent camp I read and still looked like a tough YAC which we need. It is surprising he didn’t make that 9er 53 with all the injuries though 

He was the best blocking WR in the draft, for a team that wants to utilize quick passes and get the ball in the hands of play makers quickly, WRs who can block become especially important. I think a guy like Jennings could open up a few things for us & he’s certain to keep the intensity high every time he’s in the game.

21 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Bring him in

49ers waived seventh-round WR Jauan Jennings.

Jennings' disastrous 40-time (4.72) and hops (29" vertical) at Indy's combine pushed him into the seventh round

Are you sure 'Jauan' to sign a slow-footed 7th-rounder ? 😛

30 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Also, take a flyer on Deandre Baker who just got cut from Tennessee

Is that really his name, because that's the name of the Giants corner who got arrested ?

1 hour ago, max21 said:

Why are we not going to get Sanu

I was listening to NFL radio this morning and they said that Patriots reporters who see him daily said that he looked like an old man running routes. No speed, no quickness coming out of breaks and he had a case of the dropsies. They said it was like he had fallen off the proverbial cliff and was a mere shell of himself. 

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't think the team would have the guts to put him in a live game so I think the COVID narrative is overplayed, the logic behind your point makes sense but there's no way Alex gets live action this year, just my opinion.

I dont think the COVID part is overplayed, it might be more of an insurance of the unknown. I am totally guessing here. The NFL has been great so far with testing and players being responsible when they are away from the team faculties. Who knows how it will be once live games happen? Haskins could get COVID from an opposing team and Washington will be down to 2 QBs until Haskins is cleared. Kyle Allen or Alex Smith would start and the team wouldnt be completely screwed if one of the backup QBs get hurt during a game. Alex Smith could see the field based injuries and/or COVID reasons and atleast it will be someone that can run the offense to a better degree than some guy off the street. So between Alex's cap hit, his experience and teaching to Haskins, and having him if everything else goes wrong, looks like Ron Rivera keeps him arounf.

Archived