Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

JSSkinz

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Fournette has 76 receptions last year, averaging 4.3 YPC, he's a lot better than I remembered. I am not sure it would be ground and pound.

Nah, it’s all just volume stats. He is one of the absolute least efficient players in the league and that wouldn’t get better behind this OL. I’m honestly surprised the Jags cut him, bc Jay Gruden ramming him into the backs of the OL on 72% of all first downs would have been a great way to tank for Lawrence. 

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Watch the Eagles get Reiff for dirt cheap now.  Figures.... as soon as they're in terrible shape at LT, a starter falls right into their laps without having to trade a pick for him.

We have Waiver dibs. If we want him, we can make sure Philly does not get the chance when he is cut. Could just claim him so philly cant.

Zombie's are fans of underhanded moves like that

Just now, FootballZombie said:

We have Waiver dibs. If we want him, we can make sure Philly does not get the chance when he is cut. Could just claim him so philly cant.

Zombie's are fans of underhanded moves like that

I'm pretty sure he goes straight to FA.  The only players who hit waivers are the ones on their rookie contracts IIRC.

I hope this isn't the last time they practice there.

If we can't have home field advantage due to fans, I hope we have some kind of home field advantage, due to being familiar with the feel of our grass. If that even makes sense. 😀

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This made me smile.  Just drafted him in my big money fantasy league last night.

I wonder if that's the same play where he dropped Foster, or if he did it twice.

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I hope this isn't the last time they practice there.

If we can't have home field advantage due to fans, I hope we have some kind of home field advantage, due to being familiar with the feel of our grass. If that even makes sense. 😀

It does if we get to plant land mines and spring traps. 

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

Bryce Love just ran a route in one on ones that put Reuben Foster on his knees.

Yeah but was Reuben still attached to them?

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I can see that - much like they went after LeGarrette Blount, and he got them another ring.

Pats are in somewhat of a rebuilding plus they have Michel, Damien Harris and James White not to mention they signed UDFA Taylor and FA Lamar Miller.

Fournette is not going there.

42 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Nah, it’s all just volume stats. He is one of the absolute least efficient players in the league and that wouldn’t get better behind this OL. I’m honestly surprised the Jags cut him, bc Jay Gruden ramming him into the backs of the OL on 72% of all first downs would have been a great way to tank for Lawrence. 

Yeah, the more I looked into it, the more I realized he's just a plugger.

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What are w going to do without practice tweets until the 13th when the 1st game is???

AFIK, just the reporters aren't allowed. I'm guessing we may still get video plays from the teams official Tweeter account, depending on what Coach wants to restrict.

Speaking of tweets, an FYI that "TPC" now stands for The People's Corner.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

That piped in sound is great! We might actually have a home field advantage for the first time in a decade. 

Piped in Crowd noise and no opposing fans to worry about.  This will be the loudest pro Washington the “crowd” has been in years.  Though it will be awkward hearing the “crowd” cheer for a FG in the 4th when down by 2 TDS. 

41 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

They signed Cam Newton though - to be a starter

To me, that doesn't sound like rebuilding mode.

If it works it works but is he even the starter? Regardless Fournette isn’t a make it or break it player for them. They’ve never had elite backs.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

If it works it works but is he even the starter? Regardless Fournette isn’t a make it or break it player for them. They’ve never had elite backs.

The Pats signed Lamar Miller and already have White and Michel. I dont think they are gonna be in the Fournette game. 

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Pats are in somewhat of a rebuilding plus they have Michel, Damien Harris and James White not to mention they signed UDFA Taylor and FA Lamar Miller.

Fournette is not going there.

I think people are going to see pretty quickly that the Pats are just another average team without Tom Brady.

Guys going there and becoming stars and either being bums before going there and/or bums after leaving isn't a coincidence. Can anyone think of an offensive player that came from the Pats who was a star there and stayed a star afterwards?

Wes Welker is the only one I can really think of who did much of anything after going elsewhere and that was really only for one season. Hell, even Randy Moss, one of the greatest WRs to ever play the game, didn't do jack after he left the Pats. 

Archived