Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

JSSkinz

26 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Talk about ground and pound with Peterson and Fournette. Not sure it fits the mold of RB Turner/Rivera like, but would be interesting.

That's a good point and something I was thinking about as well. Turner really likes passing and really likes using his backs as pass catchers or in unusual ways...not sure whether an AP/Fournette ground and pound duo would really be his style. But at the very least it would give us another good traditional single back set type of RB in case AP either has age catch up to him or gets hurt.

15 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Scrap mckissic?..and love?..or just scrap love, bring in fournette?

I'm still crushin hard on chase...?

If they brought Fournette in I'm guessing it would be Barber or Love on the chopping block. Though with Love they could PS him and might get lucky and another team wouldn't pick him up due to concerns about his health. 

29 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Talk about ground and pound with Peterson and Fournette. Not sure it fits the mold of RB Turner/Rivera like, but would be interesting.

Fournette has 76 receptions last year, averaging 4.3 YPC, he's a lot better than I remembered. I am not sure it would be ground and pound.

No, +220 means that you win $220 by betting $100, so essentially it's 2.2 to 1 odds.     (NOT 220 to 1 odds)  ...  so the $55,000 bettor would win $121,000 if Chase wins ROY and the bet pays off.

What does +220 odds mean?

Is that the same thing as 220:1-- which means a one dollar winning bet pays $220? If so I'll make a 100 dollar bet on Chase today!

1 minute ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

No, +220 means that you win $220 by betting $100, so essentially it's 2.2 to 1 odds.     (NOT 220 to 1 odds)  ...  so the $55,000 bettor would win $121,000 if Chase wins ROY and the bet pays off.

Ok thanks. I was wondering the same thing. I was also converting that to traditional odds at first and I was like "How the **** can someone give 220-1 odds on the best pass rushing prospect to come out of college in a decade being DROY?"

2.2 to 1 makes much more sense. 

23 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Mckissic is a lock it appears. All teams now have a receiving back, but it seems Turner is on the extreme end and may view it as another position. If so, Mckissic is the starter at that spot with Gibson being the joker/do it all type, AP for short yardage/goal line/an early down role. 

The common thing you here amongst many is AP is the early down back, that’s outdated thinking— Turner seems to want to feature a wide variety of ways

to get to move the chains/3rd and manageable. AP has a role in the overall formula to succeed on 1st and 2nd down, but my theory is there will be many different  looks and personnel on early downs. 

**Complete conjecture on my part, Turner and Rivera have yet to call a game lol

9 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

What does +220 odds mean?

Is that the same thing as 220:1-- which means a one dollar winning bet pays $220? If so I'll make a 100 dollar bet on Chase today!

$100 bet equals $220 if you win. 

2.2: 1

4 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Why did the Jags cut him?  Why have they been trying to trade him, if rumors are true, for over a year and they couldn't even get a conditional 7th rounder for him?

And why does ES now suddenly drool over Fournette?

The Jags are a complete mess in almost every way. There's a reason that most of the mock drafters have them picking #1 overall next year. I think part of it is their management and coaching sucks and part that just nobody wants to play for them. Yannick Ngakoue wanted nothing to do with them and refused to sign his franchise tag. I don't think Fournette really wanted to be there either.

And yeah, he also hasn't really lived up to his draft position. These days picking a RB at 4th overall is like picking a Guard 4th overall...you're assuming he's going to be at least a perennial Pro-Bowler if not perennial All-Pro.

Fournette can be a very good back but he's not elite. 

18 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

If he actually is a very good back, why did no team want to trade for him?

Dunno. Maybe teams didn't necessarily want to pick up what looks like a 6+ million 4th year of his deal along with giving away a draft pick and were hoping the Jags would release him instead?

I'm not saying Fournette is an amazing back, but he's shown that he's at least a pretty good one who can carry a heavy load. And he's also only 25. I don't see an issue with giving him a decent one year deal to see how things go. Cap room is something we actually have a decent amount of.

Right now all we have is a 35 year old AP, a young guy coming off of a bad knee injury who hasn't played a snap in the NFL and hasn't played a down of football in a year and a half, a talented but raw rookie in AG, a guy who seems "so-so" but nothing special in Barber, and a guy in McKissic who has had an underwhelming career thus far and seems to be more of a pure 3rd down type back.

54 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I don't think Chase counts as a camp crush the way I define it. After all, he's the opposite of a Cinderella story. He's not the neglected, underrated, raw gem that everyone's surprised to find.

That said, I'm excited about him too. He's just not the kind of player that I think of when I choose my camp crushes. Last year, Steve Simms fit the bill perfectly.

You definitely take a look at Fournette, especially the brand of football the team plans to employ. If the check in comes back he still has commitment issues, then no way. This was an issue in the past before reports last year of him improving his work ethic. 

An extreme upgrade over Barber and Love. 

Just now, wit33 said:

You definitely take a look at Fournette, especially the brand of football the team most plans to employ. If the check in comes back he still has commitment issues, then no way. This was an issue in the past before reports last year of him improving his work ethic. 

An extreme upgrade over Barber and Love. 

Barber yes. Love? Who knows?

11 minutes ago, Coolio47 said:

I'm gonna make a wild guess and say Fournette will end up in a place like Seattle.  Can't see a reason why we would sign him.

Which probably means he'll go there and run for 1,300 yards and 12 TDs of course. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

he had 1,152 yards last year... fwiw. That's on 265 carries though. 4.3APC

Yeah IIRC that has been one of the knocks on him. Not that he's a bad RB but that he wasn't a game breaking guy and his AVG wasn't that good. His AVG over 3 years was 4.0 yards which is pretty mediocre. 

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Barber yes. Love? Who knows?

Damn, Fournette can’t get the edge over a back coming off a torn ACL with zero production in the NFL lol. Fournette has accomplished a great deal in the league. 

I hear ya though, the unknown is an exciting world to operate in at times. 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Riley reiff may be getting cut by the Vikings today if he doesn’t take a pay cut. If released, should the team sign him?

Why not? We have the cap space and the need. Charles hasn't practiced, so we don't know what we have there. Lucas has been less than impressive. Christian is the only LT who seems to be doing the job. If only for depth, grab him.

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Riley reiff may be getting cut by the Vikings today if he doesn’t take a pay cut. If released, should the team sign him?

Depends how much he wants. He's an ok Tackle but nothing special; starter material but definitely bottom half of the league LT. 

If he's looking to be paid like a top OT, hard pass. If he's willing to do a moderate deal, I'd be fine with it.

At this point I think I'd be more comfortable with him protecting Dwayne's blind side than Christian, and we don't really know how far along Charles is but while he's got some definite talent I think it's a bit optimistic to assume a 4th rounder will be able to immediately come in and do a really good job as a NFL LT. 

59 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

If he actually is a very good back, why did no team want to trade for him?

Injury prone and a malcontent. Plus I don't think anyone wants to take on his contract. If he clears waivers (and he probably will), then anyone could sign him for much less. He's a viable NFL back, but not worth the $4 million he was going to make

Archived