Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome and Hail to the Washington Football Team

Burgold

I believe a read a headline a few weeks ago that the Football Team intends on having fans. I never read the article though, so I’m uncertain if it was speculation or confirmation.

But if I had to predict Dan Snyder, he’ll want fans.

35 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Umm. No. It would probably be something like "Magic", like a basketball team in Orlando. 

Depends if we’re talking Disney the company or Disney the man. Disney the man would have found something worse than the previous name, surely.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Its happening...

little Awooooo

Zombie doggo is happy

Man, I submitted a proposal for Redwolves on the Team website. That thing was like a page and a 1/2 of pros for the name and I didn't even touch on everything.

Zombie is determined to use any remaining brain cells to will this name into existence. If it works, Zombie's next move would be to will some fresh brains into existence... for science of course.

38 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Umm. No. It would probably be something like "Magic", like a basketball team in Orlando. 

Even Disney would have to come up with something slightly more aggressive for a football team.

Something like, ... I don't know, ... " RedWolves ".

18 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Even Disney would have to come up with something slightly more aggressive for a football team.

Something like, ... I don't know, ... " RedWolves ".

Doesn't sound like Disney at all tbh. Last team owned by Disney was called the Mighty Ducks. Start there. 

If Disney the company was in charge of renaming the team:

1. Only name they'd select would be one they could trademark
  2. Very corporate and almost so inoffensive that it would be offensive
  3. It would have to work well with a song copyrighted by them and would be sung ad-naueseum by your kids

55 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I love the RedWolves name. LOVE IT!

The Wolves just rolls off the tongue too. Could see people howling after TDs. 

LOVE IT.

Sounds just plain dumb, hope that doesn’t happen. Howling at TDs is goofy and is better suited for a soccer team.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I love the RedWolves name. LOVE IT!

I’ll echo that howl

Awwwoooo!!!!

Love everything about the Redwolves name, and it is very exciting to see such a large subsect of the community rally around a single cause and put pressure on the team. Double that when you see the contributions already coming in to Wolf restoration practices. Warm fuzzies all around, both in feeling and in an increased population of doggos.

I am honestly dangerously attached to some kind of Wolf moniker at this point. I’ll still rep this team if we go in another direction, but I am buying so much merch if we get to be wolves.

It’s like a perfect fit. Zombies love full moons too

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

I’ll echo that howl

Awwwoooo!!!!

Love everything about the Redwolves name, and it is very exciting to see such a large subsect of the community rally around a single cause and put pressure on the team. Double that when you see the contributions already coming in to Wolf restoration practices. Warm fuzzies all around, both in feeling and in an increased population of doggos.

I am honestly dangerously attached to some kind of Wolf moniker at this point. I’ll still rep this team if we go in another direction, but I am buying so much merch if we get to be wolves.

It’s like a perfect fit. Zombies love full moons too

Right there with you. Ill definitely buy Wolves gear and sport the awful colors with pride. Ill love it.

3 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Sounds just plain dumb, hope that doesn’t happen. Howling at TDs is goofy and is better suited for a soccer team.

what an insightful and rewarding post. Thank you for expressing your valuable opinion so eloquently. 

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

what an insightful and rewarding post. Thank you for expressing your valuable opinion so eloquently. 

I agreed with ClaytoAli's sentiment Koolblue. I probably wouldn't have used the word " dumb ", but I'm just really not a fan of RedWolves, that's all.

22 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I agreed with ClaytoAli's sentiment Koolblue. I probably wouldn't have used the word " dumb ", but I'm just really not a fan of RedWolves, that's all.

You seem pretty invested in the old name I suppose. 

Its a great symbol of the NE corridor/ Appalachia, theyre trying to repopulate them in the area instead of letting them become extinct, dogs and wolves are cool af. Its just a win all around in my opinion. 

Ravens, dumb. Panthers are extinct on the east coast. Or cougars or pumas. I dont know what a titan is, but seems similar to giants. Eagles are really cool. Red tails is bad. Monuments? Warriors would just make us the campaigning tool for the DoD.

Red Wolves. HTTR.

57 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Ravens, dumb. Panthers are extinct on the east coast. Or cougars or pumas. I dont know what a titan is, but seems similar to giants. Eagles are really cool. Red tails is bad. Monuments? Warriors would just make us the campaigning tool for the DoD.

You don't have to dig far for bad names, they are all over the place.

We live in a world where Pelican's are a basketball team. I don't care about the connection, I cant believe that got through. Focusing too much on roots has brought down too many organizations. the Nuggets? the 49ers? the 76ers? Sure they have each embraced their names, but naming your team after a year? C-mon man. That is both weak sauce and silly. Wash DC was made in 1790, does that mean we should be the 90's?!

Props to the Seattle NHL expansion team. The Kraken. Baller. Don't have to overthink it. You play on frozen water. Kraken's live in water. Release the Kraken. Done. Connections to a city are just a bonus, not an end all be all

Oh, and Mountain Lions are still in Maryland. Seen one with my own two eyes. Don't think your safe in the DC-MD area. They can quickly make sure there wont be enough left of you to make a Zombie.

29 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Well, there once was this guy from Baltimore named Edgar Allan Poe....

Should I make the joke about your username and you knowing that.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

You seem pretty invested in the old name I suppose.

Even if we had no name for the last 87 years, I still wouldn't like " RedWolves " for a new one.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Red tails is bad. Monuments? Warriors ...

Agree with you on these. 

Archived