Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome and Hail to the Washington Football Team

Burgold

Would be nice to get back to rooting for an organization whose “identity” is being competitive and winning. Who cares about the name if they do that. Rooting for a team that is fun to watch is what matters. We just spent decades wrapping ourselves in the trappings of history and legacy to make ourselves feel better about how bad the modern product was. I’m done with that, personally, and thankful for the fresh start. I hope I get to watch it grow into a new legacy that is actually worth making a part of my identity, the way my fanhood has always been, for better or worse...because in the past it was usually completely undeserved. 

I have to replace 2 polos, one pull over  and a hat. I’ve always had a black hat with the logo on it.  I think I’m going to go with a black and a white polo with the W emblem.  

Interestingly, I have never owned anything except 1 fold out chair which had the team name on it.  I was a logo guy all the way. 

But my 2 shirts and hat have now been retired.  I’ll still wear the pullover around the house and to bed during the winter. 

im also going to get a black face covering with the W.  Has anybody gotten it? 

On 8/8/2020 at 11:07 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

I wonder if they get creative and fun with the fake sounds, like fake boos, and whenever the home teams blunders, you hear some distinct "You suck" rants, from the stands

Maybe the league could ask the Seahawks to run some Zoom training sessions on fake crowd noise. Ahem.

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

fake crowd noise

Wait a minute… I think I thought of something.

Shamble along with me here people…

IF we go with some kind of wolf name next year, and we get a team to 3rd and long. Could the team play wolf howling audio (to “lead” the crowd) and boost the decibels of crowd noise at FedEx? Wouldn’t that be a “legal” method of piping in fake crowd noise? Increase home field advantage?

tenor.gif

17 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

#74 Geron Christian having a strong camp. Looks a good bet to start at LT.

Gives me an option on a name change.

UK Christian Fan 74.

oh damn, even that is going to offend people.

Just keep your name as is.

14 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm really surprised more people don't feel the way we do. It's like bringing a baby home from the hospital still unnamed.  Redwolves, Redhawks, whatever. Just pick a damned name instead of this embarrassment.  

No - as long as they don't pick a name people will go by their old name. 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Not true, hardly anyone is using the old name and when they do out of habit they correct themselves.  No our team is now being referred to with the letters WTF.  

A poll done on this board shows that our fans are still referring to the team as " the Redskins " more than any other name. 

Personally, I'm not concerned with what other people call us.

10 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Not true, hardly anyone is using the old name and when they do out of habit they correct themselves.  No our team is now being referred to with the letters WTF.  

Huh? No. Many, if not most fans are still referring to them as the Redskins. This will continue as long as no name is chosen. It is one of the big complaints of the cancel culture that no new name being picked resulted in this happening. 

Most of the people I have been talking to have been trying to call them the Washington or the Team. Its always forced and awkward, but the effort is at least there. Of course there are a lot of mistakes, but they are usually met with corrections.

I think this will be a lot easier once we have a real name to latch onto. Until then this will just be weird. Kinda like the growth on Zombie’s lower back.

4 hours ago, nonniey said:

Huh? No. Many, if not most fans are still referring to them as the Redskins. This will continue as long as no name is chosen. It is one of the big complaints of the cancel culture that no new name picked resulted in this happening. 

I guess I was referring more to what I have heard in the media.  Vernon Davis let it slip, then immediately caught himself.  I'll probably call them the Redskins too until a real name is determined.

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I guess I was referring more to what I have heard in the media.  Vernon Davis let it slip, then immediately caught himself.  I'll probably call them the Redskins too until a real name is determined.

I will probably always call them the Redskins or Washington 

I can’t even tell if you’re being sarcastic or serious bc they don’t look that different to me at all lol.

The last one, kidsy, looks more like a Chiefs jersey while the others look darker though...is it just the lighting?

McLaurin’s looks perfect to me. 

Archived