Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Virus and player reporting thread.

clskinsfan

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We have so much speed coming off the edge. We really need to find a trade partner for Kerrigan.

Either Kerrigan or Anderson.

Because they both will be FA's this coming offseason. And there's a good chance one or both will go elsewhere.

So, might as well get something for them, while we can.

I gotta think we can upgrade our TE position, by trading one of our excess DL

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Because they both will be FA's this coming offseason. And there's a good chance one or both will go elsewhere.

So, might as well get something for them, while we can.

I gotta think we can upgrade our TE position, by trading one of our excess DL

The Ravens are an obvious fit for them, they need help along the edge. I could see them parting with a 3rd or 4th. 

5 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

We really need to find a trade partner for Kerrigan.

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Naw, they both have massive value to us this year.

At maximum, you don’t want Sweat or Chase playing more than 55-60% of reps. That leaves significant playing time at both edge positions, and filling that with quality players is a major plus. There is a clear scenario where both Kerrigan and Anderson still log about 40-45% of our snaps. Edge rusher is played by committee.

Trust a Zombie. A horde is a much more effective than a lone individual.   

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How good can we be in the regular season, with such limited full-contact practice and preparation, and practices that truly simulate real games ?

And will players be timid about contact in practice and games, out of concern for the virus ?

No, once you start doing something (whatever it is you do) I think those instincts take over. I think about precautions, implications, etc before I do things now, but WHILE I’m actively doing something, it doesn’t really register. If they’ve decided not to opt out they’ve already weighed the pros and cons and made a decision. They know the risks and they know jobs will be on the line if they don’t perform. So I think between the lines the players will be “normal.” 

A large number of Dallas Cowboys are forming their own training camp bubble before on-field practices start Friday, league sources told ESPN.

Players, coaches and staff will set up their summer home at the five-star Omni Hotel that is next to the Cowboys' practice facility to help their fight against COVID-19. One official said he believed the majority of the team would be staying there. With good reason: The set-up has everything the team will need.

The Omni is connected to Ford Center, the 12,000-seat stadium that is attached to the Cowboys' facility. During the regular season, the Cowboys stay at the hotel on nights before home games at AT&T Stadium. They conduct their meetings at The Star, and players receive treatment at their normal training rooms before sleeping at the hotel.

When I see stuff like this, there's no reason on earth, Snyder can't have an elaborate setup like this for his boys.  He just chooses not to.  Certainly would come in handy at a time like this.

I hate to give credit where it’s due when it comes to Dallas... but say what you want about Jones, he has his finger on the pulse of what is advantageous to his team in almost any situation aside from, maybe, general manager and some coaching personnel decisions. And even in those areas he’s not a below average decision maker. 

Snyder should listen/take cues from his friend a little more. 

Dallas is equipped for nearly any situation. We are... not.

26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Dallas is equipped for nearly any situation. We are... not.

7 hours ago, justice98 said:

Certainly would come in handy at a time like this

I’m not so convinced this is the best idea in this case. It sounds nice on paper, but you have to focus on specifics in a situation like this and there are probably massive oversights that can lead to problems.

A bubble only works if everyone participates, players, support staff and CARETAKERS included. Do the workers at the hotel have any obligation to practice strict bubble practices themselves? Are they being quarantined at all? Can they not visit their own families? Are they not ordering takeout? Are they being frequently tested? I’d doubt many of those. It’s all well and good that the players are doing their part, but if the caretakers are not doing the same, like in a real bubble, then more harm than good will come of this.

You would be packing a bunch of players in a close living space, where they will be constantly exposed to outside forces. If one caretaking member gets sick, they would have the potential to infect your entire team because they are all packed together like fish in a barrel. I’d argue a semi-bubble is worse than no bubble at all.

If Zombie movies have taught us anything, its that it is easiest to spread something when you pack a bunch of people in a small space. How many “safe zones” really stay safe?

I agree that a bubble for just one team isn’t necessarily a great plan due to the outside factors involved. Other teams aren’t isolated, either. So the bubble idea is for naught once play begins and they interact with teams that aren’t bubbled.

But it certainly is a positive that the Cowboys have state of the art facilities on their grounds and they aren’t spread over two states and, in name, a District. 

Didn't realize the Cowboys HQ/practice facility was next to the stadium.  That's a brand new stadium, so it's gotta be brand new training HQ/practice stuff as well right?  Sounds nicer than Ashburn at least.

The semi-bubble idea is nice, but as previously mentioned.  A bubble concept needs to be full or it's not a bubble.  Can outsiders stay at that hotel?

At a certain point if a team has no positive cases for players/staff in their off-season training for months, then it makes sense to keep that status quo as outside factors are theoretically known and self limited.

A full bubble would be ideal for a team, but that would be extremely hard to implement for just one team.

The NBA is blowing through a buttload of cash each day to make their bubble as closed as possible.  Pre-approved staff, entertainment, therapists, etc.  All of them undergoing testing and some levels of quarantine.

It's more feasible once you scale up to 20+ teams instead of 1.  The cost per team is greatly reduced.

2 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-no-fans-fedex-field-2020-season

Washington Football Team will play 2020 season without fans at FedEx Field

But, but...what will all the Eagles and Cowboys fans do on their Sundays?

On the plus side for Snyder, we know he will simply store all the peanuts and beer to sell next year.

Archived