Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Virus and player reporting thread.

6 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

So media was supposed to show up Thursday/Friday for some training camp stuff, but didn't because of weather and Covid protocol.  Soooo when does media get to report on stuff again?

The next time the team can practice outside. Since they were in the practice bubble on Thursday/Friday, I’m guessing media can’t be inside where the team is. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The next time the team can practice outside. Since they were in the practice bubble on Thursday/Friday, I’m guessing media can’t be inside where the team is. 

Coaches gotta love this aspect of camp practices.  No media, no fans, it's all business without a bunch of eyes.

15 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If we actually had preseason this year, right now we'd be complaining about how badly our 4th string defense looked last night in the 4th quarter, and because of that, we'll be lucky to win 1 game, and how JDR's preseason scheme is so vanilla and over-rated.

Anyone miss preseason ?

You kidding?  I miss it.  So much.

Scheme in preseason is misinterpreted.  Coaches run things to test players and their development.  It's a different game plan.  And nobody wants to give things away, we wouldn't be seeing exactly how Gibson would be used in the preseason.

Maybe 4 preseason games is a lot though, maybe I don't miss that many.  But I do miss some.

I mean right now we have zero media coverage of the team.  What's happening, how are people looking, there are no highlights.

Media hadn't had access yet for this team, and I'm desperate for anything football.

11 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I think so, but I don't think media is in today.  So more boredom for me right now.

Should be in tomorrow though so that’s good :) 

speaking of media, will all player/coach media sessions be virtual for the whole season or will there be a time where they’ll be able to be in-person again? The zoom media calls get a bit laggy every once in a while and it gets annoying. 

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I actually do miss pre season games. It is a time to see what the young guys can bring to the team. It is going to be very tough on rookies this year. 

Yep, and the chance to watch football for the first time since the super bowl. I need games to start. 

• 1 month later...

Titans facility being closed until Saturday due to COVID. Vikings facility also being closed for today (both teams played eachother Sunday). 

I cant see any way that the titans play Sunday against the Steelers if they’re not allowed in the practice facility until a day before the game. Should be interesting to see how the league handles this. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Titans facility being closed until Saturday due to COVID. Vikings facility also being closed for today (both teams played eachother Sunday). 

I cant see any way that the titans play Sunday against the Steelers if they’re not allowed in the practice facility until a day before the game. Should be interesting to see how the league handles this. 

They’ll push the regular season a week back or change the schedule so that the Titans and Vikings bye weeks are this week. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They’ll push the regular season a week back or change the schedule so that the Titans and Vikings bye weeks are this week. 

Titans current bye week is week 7, Steelers is week 8, so yeah pushing the season back a week would definitely make sense. 

this was about the point in the season i figured teams would start getting affected by COVID in some way 

NFL will manage it much the way that MLB has I’d expect. NFL has an advantage of only playing once per week so they don’t immediately need to postpone entire games/series. And considering there is such little actual contact during a game-prep week I DO think they could play Sunday even if only meeting once in person prior. They can hold all of their meetings and film stuff virtually. It is an inconvenience and certainly a bit of a disadvantage to be sure, but it’s not a normal year so there has to be a certain acceptance that you have to power through things differently. Maybe the Titans don’t get quite the normal week of prep this week. So be it. 

The league also can’t just push the season back by a week every time a game needs to be ppd. If it’s a great stroke of luck and both teams have the same BYE then that’s an easy solution. I think working in one full week after the regular season makes sense for any games that need to be made up, but it’s not the best solution. 

It also very much depends on the extent of the outbreak. If they decide by say Thursday this week that it’s fairly contained, then maybe they move the Titans-Steelers game to Monday Night and allow an extra day for Titans to prep (minus any players who tested positive of course). 

Obviously the league had to expect this. I am sure there are contingencies. I really respect how MLB handled it (with more travel and more games than the NFL). They didn’t panic. They didn’t just shutdown. They made case by case decisions and it has worked out just fine. I expect the same from NFL. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

They’ll push the regular season a week back

The season gets delayed, which means we get Ioannidis back, we get Foster back, we get Harmon back, we get Love's speed back- we get our offense back - so Super Bowl !

Tell @bakedtater1 to keep playin that country music backwards, so we get our players back, our truck back, our wife back, our job back

Oh, can't forget that backwards country music also means you get out of jail too, so Latimer and Guice both get out of jail !

Maybe we get them back too !

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1

i hadn't read in this thread until today or i'd have addressed this at its inception, just as the spidey-senses of the op (and one of our excellent posters) clskinsfan tingeld over

as stated, i just put up a thread in the atn on the 'breaking news' and we'll make that the "general nfl covid report thread" going forward

(i'll edit the title)

if we get a wft-focused event it can go in this forum as a stand alone, and so we'll close this and i'm sure clskinsfan won't mind 

• Like 1
  • Jumbo locked this topic