Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I take it JP didn't ask, "Then why are several of these major issues stemming from the period prior to Bruce being employed?"

He did - and I am pretty sure the lawyer's answer of "sure" or "yes" which could have been taken either way, meant that they didn't mean to imply that every last issue was tied to Bruce Allen. Because at some point the lawyer said some song and dance about how the owner has apologized for the past and acknowledged that things needed to change. 

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

She’s stayed married to him through all of this. She’s complicit. My wife would be so friggin disappointed in me and would have left taking half of everything. As soon as she heard about me ripping off my customers so secure enough money to buy a team, she would have been like…nope!!! 

daniel-snyder.png

Daniel-Snyder-Tanya-Washington-Football-

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So Dan hangs out with Bruce on the reg, and employed him to run his billion dollar business.  Bruce instilled this awful culture right under Dan’s nose and he had absolutely no idea was going on, for a DECADE.  

The whole claiming ignorance tactic is almost as criminal as being directly involved.

let alone much of the accusations were for events that happened before Bruce was even in the building. 

17 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Did you get the same impression that Dan isn't selling the team? I feel like it's not a good look to report that it does look like it no matter what. Never going to get that interview again if you do that.

Typically I'd reply with snark and a joke. But I heard about 10-15 of this interview and to be honest. I am genuinely embarrassed for JP right now. How he asked questions. Saying "yeah" when Brownlee gave him a non-answer answer and probably not realizing it sounded it he was agreeing. Getting rolled in general. 

I'd imagine when he goes back and listens to that, he won't be proud of himself. That was pretty sad to allow the team lawyer to go for as long as he did, saying what he was saying, while painting Dan and Tanya as victims. 

Didn't hurt Snyder or help him. I think the only person who lost from this is JP. Unless he starts getting exclusives from the team. And even then, it won't be a secret why. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Aaaaaand Committee Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney is now under investigation herself in the House Ethics Committee. Whatever hopes we had about Congress pushing out Dan are officially toast IMO. The tyrant wins again.

Edited by CapsSkins

They say behind every great man is a great woman. The reverse is also true: behind every bad man is an enabler woman. Look at Jerry Jones' wife...she constantly puffs up his buffoonish ego and says things like "That Jimmy Johnson didn't give you enough credit for building that team!"

Tanya Snyder is no different, with her comment about "ridiculous" sexual harassment accusations.

No wonder things never change...

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Typically I'd reply with snark and a joke. But I heard about 10-15 of this interview and to be honest. I am genuinely embarrassed for JP right now. How he asked questions. Saying "yeah" when Brownlee gave him a non-answer answer and probably not realizing it sounded it he was agreeing. Getting rolled in general. 

I'd imagine when he goes back and listens to that, he won't be proud of himself. That was pretty sad to allow the team lawyer to go for as long as he did, saying what he was saying, while painting Dan and Tanya as victims. 

Didn't hurt Snyder or help him. I think the only person who lost from this is JP. Unless he starts getting exclusives from the team. And even then, it won't be a secret why. 

Anybody got a link to the interview.

I'd find it myself but today is one of those days where I'm having a little difficulty remembering how to do some things.

39 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Yeah, seems JP went to try and get favor with Snyder and cared more about that than favor with the fans who actually indirectly pay for him to be a journalist.  That wont go how he thought it would.  When given the choice of doing fans a favor and going after Snyder and asking hard questions, he opted to do Snyder a favor and try and generate more opportunity for his future career.  As if the lawyer couldnt have held his own when JP was asking tough questions?  Thats literally the lawyers job and if he cant handle it from a journalist then hows he supposed to be any good when getting it much worse from a court or committee.

• Like 1

This sleazeball lawyer is just trying to pin everything on Bruce and Jon Gruden even though allegations happened 10 years before Bruce came to town. 

I think the kingpin of sleaze was actually Larry Michael. How long was that clown an employee for?

-He's back on with Grant and Danny by the way.

Edited by CobraCommander

48 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

A lot of people have pointed this pathway about how Dan would be treated if he ever put himself out in front of the media.

People are so concerned about getting interview 2 and 3 that any media sit-down he is involved in has about a 99% chance of being an absolute grooved HR derby fastball in terms of a soft environment.

Its fair to be upset about it, but its honestly the nature of the beast. Even his lawyer is afforded much of this clout. I don't think JP will be disappointed. He knew exactly what he was getting into and how to navigate these waters.

Listened to Dan's lawyer round 2, this time on Grant and Danny.  Grant and Danny did a much better job IMO than JP, I like JP but JP totally sucked up to Dan's lawyer.

in short their whole case seems to be predicated on Bruce is a bad guy as evidenced by the email exchange with Gruden. 

He dodged the thought that much of these things happened before Bruce arrived.

How did Bruce do all this while Dan was his BFF?  His answer was going back to Bruce's emails.

Not hard to pick up the theme that its all Bruce's fault.  And everything is about Bruce's emails with Gruden.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Washington Dansnyder club . Enjoy everyone he’s never selling the team whatever hope u may have just let it go hes looking for a new young fanbase us oldies are out the redskins are gone it’s done over and depressing if u look closely even the burgandy jerseys aren’t true burgandy, they are so unoriginal they went with Jim Zorns maroon and black 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Dan's lawyer round 2, this time on Grant and Danny.  Grant and Danny did a much better job IMO than JP, I like JP but JP totally sucked up to Dan's lawyer.

in short their whole case seems to be predicated on Bruce is a bad guy as evidenced by the email exchange with Gruden. 

I seem to remember the majority of the bad language used in those emails was Jon and not Bruce, right?

57 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

You've got to understand there's a fine line you have to walk to show you're not biased for either side. You may not like what they have to say, but you do have to get their side -- even if their side is nonsense. At least that's the stance I took when I was a reporter.

I haven't heard the interview, but I can't blame the guy for (I assume based off reactions) not grilling the guy.

I thought Grant and Danny did a decent job of asking questions we would want to hear.  Obviously the guy is an experienced attorney and can side step and half answer all questions.  Not sure a lot of anything new came out of this but was an interesting listen.

My favorite quote from the attorney... "This team has become a model for other teams in the league to emulate".   Ba HA HA HA HA 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I seem to remember the majority of the bad language used in those emails was Jon and not Bruce, right?

Yep, got to remember what Bruce said but it definitely mostly was Gruden.  His lawyer multiple times tried to bring race into this, talking about the emails making fun of D. Smith.  He seems to be suggesting Bruce is a racist and is on a quest I gather to get fans and others outraged at Bruce.  Classic game of deflection.

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

Did you get the same impression that Dan isn't selling the team? I feel like it's not a good look to report that it does look like it no matter what. Never going to get that interview again if you do that.

Agree.  If the lawyer said Dan is selling it would be a national story in a big way, he had to shoot that one down.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Grant and Danny talking now, same impression as me which is they need to do better than just blaming it all on Bruce.

The lawyer basically said they realized the culture had to be bad when Bruce said the culture was damn good.

No answers to:

A.  Dan was so close to Bruce so how did this happen under his nose?  The lawyers reponse was just hey they apologized for that.

B.  So much of this happened before Bruce was even here, how do you reconcile that?  The lawyers response was more or less to go back to Bruce's emails.