Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

14 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Will never understand this... 

Yeah, that's because you believe the idiotic draftniks who know nothing and try and determine "value" and "reaches."  Thor Nystrom even said that Howell would have been a good pick in the third, we got him in the 5th, but he dinged us for Dotson because he thought he would go 10 spots later.  

That exercise is completely useless, and anybody and everybody who believes it has had the Draft Industrial Complex wool pulled over their eyes.  

Dotson, Robinson, Mathis (until he got hurt), even Turner and a few others seem to be really good picks. 

But whatever.  I'm not going to argue with you about this.  You can see 5 years into the future and predict when Arch Manning will come out of college and that he will be the #1 overall pick. I can't remotely do that.  I can only deal with the current year. 

19 minutes ago, method man said:

Ron & co should look at the guys on the other sideline and be absolutely embarrassed. Vrabel and co came into this year with less overall talent, have lost more of their high end talent including OL and continue to win games despite this.

Really admire what they were able to do to maximize their talent. That pass where Tannehill faked it to Henry and then went to Hilliard was a thing of beauty

Though, the one thing Vrabel and company have going for them is they have legitimately the best RB in the game, who can basically run behind any OL, and will keep you in good down/distances by default as long as you don't screw him up.  

That's something just about nobody else in the league has, and it's an enormous luxury.  

14 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Oh, that's really, really terrible.  (But, yeah, I laughed.)  

The parent who was shooting the video instead of stopping the kid from being run over should be reported to the CPS, though.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nope. It won't happen overnight. He's absolutely right.

What about over, say, 1,095 nights?

If he can't do that in 45 days then you get rid of him? But, I think Ron is too deep/high up the ladder and has a longer leash then some think. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

If he can't do that in 45 days then you get rid of him? But, I think Ron is too deep/high up the ladder and has a longer leash then some think. 

I agree. And in theory I even agree with it.

But this team looks so... unsynchronized. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I agree. And in theory I even agree with it.

But this team looks so... unsynchronized. 

Some options here:

A: Ron decides to stick with the Wentz and both leave in 2 years if no playoff win.

B. Ron goes with Howell at the end of the year and sees he is not the answer. 

C. Ron drafts a QB in 23 draft and builds the OL, DL and the secondary as well and we have a what looks like a promising season in 23 and Ron is extended for x amount of years. Oh yeah, also JDR is fired at the end of this year and we have a better D coordinator. 

Edited by zCommander

Some options here:

A: Ron decides to stick with the Wentz and both leave in 2 years if no playoff win.

C. Ron drafts a QB in 23 draft and builds the OL, DL and the secondary as well and we have a what looks like a promising season in 23 and Ron is extended for x amount of years. 

He Has to see is Howell is the answer basically now before the draft. 

• Like 1

Some options here:

C. Ron drafts a QB in 23 draft and builds the OL, DL and the secondary as well and we have a what looks like a promising season in 23 and Ron is extended for x amount of years. 

Option B happens then Ron is gone

If it's A and C then Turner and JDR need to go immediately because they are part of the problem. 

Honestly though,  I've seen enough of Ron that unless we witness some sort of a miracle turnaround then it's time for a change after the season is done. I really don't want this current staff drafting our next QB

When asked why they didn't roll out Wentz on the 2 yd line, Rivera said those plays take too long....Huh?   on the 2 yard line?   Those are 3-5 second plays from that area.

When asked about taking a timeout at the end of the first half on 1st down from the 9 and then not taking another TO after the 2nd down play, Rivera is said it was because they moved the ball forward...HUH??????   They were inside the 10 already....it's not like it was 3rd and 1 from midfield....Then he said he was worried about getting the ball back with too much time on the clock and giving it back to the Titans.....Then why did you call a timeout on 1st down?  

sounds like he's giving up the season.  he has no answers.  the only right thing he did today was bench Jackson, 1/3 of the 3 amigos of the secondary that loves to give up big plays.  McCain took his spot today and gave up a big play.  i honestly don't think anything will change even if you replace the coach, as well as his staff.  that secondary is atrocious!  even if you had a hall of fame coach to coach the secondary, those 3 in there look like chickens running around with their heads cut off.  they are lost!  this team will not be in playoff contention, and will lose the 2nd pick to the Colts.  they will probably lose Payne to free agency next year, unless Ron gets fired at the end of the season.

37 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

When asked why they didn't roll out Wentz on the 2 yd line, Rivera said those plays take too long....Huh?   on the 2 yard line?   Those are 3-5 second plays from that area.

When asked about taking a timeout at the end of the first half on 1st down from the 9 and then not taking another TO after the 2nd down play, Rivera is said it was because they moved the ball forward...HUH??????   They were inside the 10 already....it's not like it was 3rd and 1 from midfield....Then he said he was worried about getting the ball back with too much time on the clock and giving it back to the Titans.....Then why did you call a timeout on 1st down?  

Cause he doesn’t know what the **** he’s doing. This **** was the rep on him in Carolina. We just couldn’t do any better and though his positives would make up for it one way or another. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Giants turnaround in 1 year proves that Ron's belief in a 3+ year plan is a farce and holds no merit other than complacency and a loser's mentality.  The coaching staff and FO doesn't have it.  The bigger problem is the ownership that bought this BS and also has hindered this franchise for the last 25+ years.

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1