Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Many didn't like Jay as a coach.  I was OK with Jay albeit didn't love him.   I think though we have to give him props on one count which is he handled almost all the crap himself publicly.  And he was quick on his feet.  Bruce was mostly chicken and the rare times he engaged he often would flub it with a misstatement. Vinny before that at least was willing to face the music but he didn't always come off that swift.  Dan on the other hand hides.   So like I was saying the other day, Dan reminds me in some ways of Steinbrenner but Steinbrenner at least had the guts to talk.  And I get Dan doesn't like the media in part because of the coverage he gets.  But heck Steinbrenner got skewered plenty by the media and he didn't cower. 

It isn't right, you are an owner. You own up to mistakes that were made. If this thing turns out to be some massive story and he isn't there to make a statement, I would not blame Ron Rivera for putting in his two week notice. That is utter bull****. He wasn't hired to be a fall guy, he was supposed to be our culture changer. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, redskinss said:

that definitely changes things a little,  but I could have sworn I read disgusting a few places.

I coulda just read it that way in my mind.

either way reporters should never tease the hell out of a story relating to someone else health under any circumstances. 

You very well may have, that's true, hadn't thought of that...I've only seen a bunch of people use Julie Donaldson's "sad and disappointing" comment, but maybe someone used disgusting instead.

😂 this is the weirdest thing ever. Feels like kindergarten. You know a couple of children know a secret, but they won't yell you. They do tell you it's a very very important secret...

We got a huge name change comming up and all the buzz is about a secret! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

That is utter bull****. He wasn't hired to be a fall guy, he was supposed to be our culture changer.

You're right, I hate how much non-football stuff Rivera has to deal with. However, this is implied in the job description for Dan's BFF.

With what is happening today, I assume it is about some kind of social injustice.  Perhaps its a longtime cover up or gerrymandering of bonus poll numbers of the team name being liked by native americans when the true results showed the name was seen as a slur.  

Either way, i get one person saying doom is coming but when other mediots just jump on the bandwagon and just add another tease even if they don't know the story, its stupid.  Julie, I'm looking at your comment.  And I dig you girl!  lol

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Not even Barry knows

Why is this thing top secret?  Like nobody can even just say what the topic is about, in a general sense, other than "it's bad". That seems fishy.  Seems like enough people know enough to be tweeting all the teases.

1 hour ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Article posted today that has a collection of the cryptic tweets.

https://primetimesportstalk.com/2020/07/15/drama-is-brewing-in-washington-and-its-more-than-a-name-change/

Its gotta be bad. These guys have been in the business a while and haven’t seen them act like this before. It can’t be the usual drama.

Edit: Even profootballtalk just released an article on the eerie buzz around dc media. This might be big.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/15/buzz-grows-of-a-looming-report-about-the-washington-franchise/

'The bad part is that with all this hype, if it's not huge it may get played down and criticized as overhyped, which can downplay the importance of what's being reported.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

You're right, I hate how much non-football stuff Rivera has to deal with. However, this is implied in the job description for Dan's BFF.

I feel like this is where they went sideways not having a traditional structure.  All this non-football stuff should be handled by a team president.  But they didn't want that.

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Rivera and Snyder may have discussed the structure of the front office during all those discussions in the month before he was officially hired...I remember both making a big deal over how much they discussed things. And if Rivera knew there would be no one over him in the FO and he let it be known that he was just fine with it, then what's going on now goes with the territory of what he signed up for. If Snyder told rivera there would eventually be a team president and has not addressed that need yet, then he's done his new coach a huge disservice and slowed the development of the team and its new culture.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

Maybe this was a planted story to root out the leaks hence no details released although every journalist knows something but isn’t saying? .......or maybe Dan clubbed baby seals to death on Epstein’s plane while getting a rub’n’tug from Krafts masseuse? The latter being probably more likely. 😄  Hard to even care anymore

#WashingtonClownShoes

Edited by ANONYMOUS SOURCE.
Spell

10 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It isn't right, you are an owner. You own up to mistakes that were made. If this thing turns out to be some massive story and he isn't there to make a statement, I would not blame Ron Rivera for putting in his two week notice. That is utter bull****. He wasn't hired to be a fall guy, he was supposed to be our culture changer. 

My take is it's perfectly ok to be shy and scared of facing the music publicly.  Not everyone is extroverted and some have phobias, etc.   But that doesn't apply so much in this context. 

Dan by a handful of people is described as comfortable in some select environments but otherwise he is uncomfortable socially and comes off a bit awkward.   And we've heard from several who covered this team that Bruce was somewhat Dan's social crutch.   Bruce had his faults but he definitely doesn't come off shy or awkward.  He's an extroverted dude.

But my point on that front is if you are going to buy a VERY public organization like the Redskins.  It comes with the turf that you have to get out of your shell and speak.  Heck you can do it the easy way and ignore the media, perhaps.  But then at least do some fluff appearances for the fans on Redskins Nation, etc.  Tell them at least a little bit of what you are thinking, etc. 

It's pretty rare for a sports franchise to have an owner that just doesn't speak.  It would be one thing if this team was just kicking butt and we had a retiring owner who just didn't like the limelight.  But this organization has had its share of tumult and losing.  Yet, Dan doesn't talk.  I think he's making a mistake on that front.  On the rare times he used to talk, he wasn't that bad in interviews.   

But going incognito I think has added to the lack of trust in him by fans because at best it comes off like he's scared and at worst it comes off like he doesn't feel like he needs to cater to his customer base -- the fans.  Granted, technically, Dan doesn't need to be accountable or cater to the fans but just like any product -- eventually your customer can weaken and by extension hurt the bottom line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The biggest decision about our name comes through a PR.  Snyder has zero balls to have a real press conference talking about this and taking questions but we can bull**** press conference introducing brandon lloyd and antwan randel el 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

The biggest decision about our name comes through a PR.  Snyder has zero balls to have a real press conference talking about this and taking questions but we can bull**** press conference introducing brandon lloyd and antwan randel el 

That's Larry Michael/Baghdad Bob style of how the team puts out information. How he survived the Bruce purge is still beyond me. Nobody wants a Used Car AND some Snake Oil. That guys sells both. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

The biggest decision about our name is what the new name will be.

22 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That's Larry Michael/Baghdad Bob style of how the team puts out information. How he survived the Bruce purge is still beyond me. Nobody wants a Used Car AND some Snake Oil. That guys sells both. 

I'd give a testicle to see that guy ****canned right now. 

18 hours ago, NickyJ said:

There have been many opinions about your insider info. Looks like it's time to put it to the test.

If I remember the Twitter names correctly, jsteelz is one of the people on Twitter who weighs in on various rumors about the team. Can't say I've seen him on ES before though.

He's legit. And he's been here before. :) 

• Like 4

This is no problem for Ron.  He's the new sheriff in town and he's just here to clean things up. Whatever the current crisis he can be the savior and certainly wasn't the cause of the problem.  I think he is the right guy o the job.  I expect nothing earth shattering from what ever this new announcement.

Ron seems to have a big enough stick that if he wants day-to-day help handling the non football issues he could certainly get it.  Maybe it's Kyle behind the scenes or maybe he doesn't want any other voices in he room.  Only time will tell. HTT?