Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Was talking to my Dad about Bezos conflict of interest if he buys the team. Amazon already has rights to TNF and in a bidding war for NFL Sunday ticket. 

If Jay-Z had to relinquish his stake in the Nets to start his sports agents company, isn't it possible Bezos may have to choose between TV rights for NFL over owning a team (the former likely far more lucrative) because of conflict of interest as well?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Was talking to my Dad about Bezos conflict of interest if he buys the team. Amazon already has rights to TNF and in a bidding war for NFL Sunday ticket. 

If Jay-Z had to relinquish his stake in the Nets to start his sports agents company, isn't it possible Bezos may have to choose between TV rights for NFL over owning a team (the former likely far more lucrative) because of conflict of interest as well?

I can see where you’re coming from, but I’m struggling to come up with what exactly the conflict of interest would be. The networks/streaming services don’t make the schedule or choose which games air when or where, and don’t decide what games get flexed later etc etc. The only possible argument I can think of would be the possibility that he could secretly promise Free Agents a cushy Amazon commentator job after they retire lol. That doesn’t seem like a very realistic fear because when you get right down to it, any billionaire has the resources to offer secret backdoor financial deals to any player. There are lots of reasons why it doesn’t really happen and isn’t worth the risk for them—the closest I’ve seen speculated was the Patriots paying some amount of money to  use Brady’s nutrition company for the team or whatever in the past. 

The Jay Z example makes sense because owning a sports agency means you employ the agents who help players decide where to sign and for how much. Obvious conflict of interest. 

Maybe I’m missing something but I don’t really see it with Bezos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Yeah I raised that yesterday, someone said that Jerry for example has affiliations in the league through his Legends chain. 

I think with Amazon and the TV rights, the rest of the league ownership would maybe see financial benefits to having Bezos on the inside. They’d likely find a ways to vastly increase revenues coming back to organisations.

• Thumb up 1

Wouldn't it be cool if Snyder just announced that he was selling? Instead we have this cryptic message which implies the possibility that it could be a minority stake. We just can't have nice things.   Now most of us are convinced he won't get minority owners but still it's a muted celebration at this point.  

I don't want Bezos.  We already had an A-hole, why can't we get an owner we can actually be proud of?  A good guy (going out on a limb here and assume it will be a man), a local guy like they have in other cities?  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

13 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Wouldn't it be cool if Snyder just announced that he was selling? Instead we have this cryptic message which implies the possibility that it could be a minority stake. We just can't have nice things.   Now most of us lare convinced he won't get minority owners but still it's a muted celebration at this point.  

I don't want Bezos.  We already had an A-hole, why can't we get an owner we can actually be proud of?  A good guy (going out on a limb here and assume it will be a man), a local guy like they have in other cities?  

He’s so petty and childish he doesn’t want to give the fans the satisfaction of knowing for sure it’s over. 

I mean… 1) Dan WAS our local guy and 2) do you know any good local guys with 8 billion dollars? I’m good with anyone who helps us win, makes game day fun, and doesn’t make any embarrassing decisions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Also remember Bezos stepped down.  That also might be enough to curve the conflict of interest you are referring to.  

55 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan said he poked around on this and after that, here are his thoughts

A.  Tanya being booed.  Jarring.   Angst with the family.

B.  Dan doesn't have a friend left with the league

C. League gets the DC market isn't viable with this dude running it

Agree with all of these. And for as stubborn he can reportedly be, I also think he may well see this as the optimal time to sell.

Denver valued at $3.75b, sold for $4.65b, 25% above market value.

Dan is sat on a $5.6b valued franchise. He’s gonna drop the best end of $7b. That’s probably 4 times his asset investment inclusive of the debt taken on to buy out the minority holders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Wouldn't it be cool if Snyder just announced that he was selling? Instead we have this cryptic message which implies the possibility that it could be a minority stake. We just can't have nice things.   Now most of us are convinced he won't get minority owners but still it's a muted celebration at this point.  

I don’t care whether the new owner is a good guy or bad guy. I just want a winner that can contend for Super Bowls.

One of the things Bezos is good at is hiring top talent. Bet he would do that here and stay out of the way

He also has more than enough money to make serious upgrades to facilities to attract free agents.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan said he poked around on this and after that, here are his thoughts

A.  Tanya being booed.  Jarring.   Angst with the family.

B.  Dan doesn't have a friend left with the league

C. League gets the DC market isn't viable with this dude running it

D. The Criminal Investigations by DC and VA.

I think people are overlooking those. My wife is a Director of Finance (my parents are very proud of her). She didn't care Snyder was selling--maybe because I started dancing around her office like an idiot chanting "He's selling the team! He's selling the team!" while she was on a work call--but when I told her about this investigation, her response was "that's bad, people will go to jail over this."

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

My suggested title for the documentary which will eventually come out on the Dan Snyder Reign of Terror:

Weep Not For Billionaires

Suggestions?

How to Make $6B And not do anything right.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, method man said:

I don’t care whether the new owner is a good guy or bad guy. I just want a winner that can contend for Super Bowls.

One of the things Bezos is good at is hiring top talent. Bet he would do that here and stay out of the way

He also has more than enough money to make serious upgrades to facilities to attract free agents.

Ballmer should buy the team. Last guy who owned a LA basketball team and bought the Redskins worked out pretty well. 

• Thumb up 1