Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

24 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I've asked this before but can someone explain how a franchise with a crap stadium, pathetic attendance and with that comes reduced concession and parking revenue and in the 9th largest market remains one of the most valuable franchises?  

Because 9th largest market means the potential is there. It’s just being wasted by a crap owner. 

Any owner with half a brain would be able to get butts in the seats. Dan is just really stupid and terrible at this. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

We need a 1st round pick in the next draft to refuse to sign here because of all the dysfunction that is this organization and articulate his reasons while at the podium.  Think about it....

Embarrassment to work for a morally corrupt individual like Snyder

Lost revenue from merchandising

Lost revenue from advertisements

Hostile work environment

....list could go on and on.

Actually this has been sort of going on for years now….. look at how Washington can’t get any top tier coaches to come here, how no bright up and coming assistant coaches/coordinators want to stay, how players like Trent Williams or Scherff choose to get out of Dodge.  

they just don’t all come out and say it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ananoman said:

Actually this has been sort of going on for years now….. look at how Washington can’t get any top tier coaches to come here, how no bright up and coming assistant coaches/coordinators want to stay, how players like Trent Williams or Scherff choose to get out of Dodge.  

they just don’t all come out and say it

IIRC there were also reports over the years of agents not wanting their clients to come here.  Who knows how many good players we missed out on and how much that hurt our team. Instead, we are stuck with bad fits and Dans obsession with free agency dictates we bring the grossly overpaid bad fits in as the highest priority. Every "dann" year. Even if it costs us picks.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

IIRC there were also reports over the years of agents not wanting their clients to come here.  Who knows how many good players we missed out on and how much that hurt our team. Instead, we are stuck with bad fits and Dans obsession with free agency dictates we bring the bad fits as the highest priority. Every "dann" year. Even if it costs us picks.

But there are still folks who believe that this whole thing is 100% on Ron Rivera because Dan gave him the keys.

Yes, the entire FO and coaching staff and personnel has changed several times over the two decades of Snyder's reign of terror... The issue couldn't possibly be the one constant. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Best part of Irsay's comment: "I believe there is merit to remove him as owner of the REDSKINS" :ols:

Guy lives life 3 years in the past. 

The best part of the best part was seeing media members on Twitter yesterday censoring the name because LETS PRETEND LIKE IT WAS NEVER NAMED THAT NAME.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But there are still folks who believe that this whole thing is 100% on Ron Rivera because Dan gave him the keys.

Yes, the entire FO and coaching staff and personnel has changed several times over the two decades of Snyder's reign of terror... The issue couldn't possibly be the one constant. 

I don't know who believes that this is 100% on Ron because Dan gave him the keys but whatever.  We can't cut everyone's meat for them, we can't change everyone's diapers, KDawg.  

If anyone is dumb enough to believe that Snyder is really "hands off" and lets his football people make decisions without interfering, then they haven't learned anything in 23 years.  They haven't learned a ****ing thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't know who believes that this is 100% on Ron because Dan gave him the keys but whatever.  We can't cut everyone's meat for them, we can't change everyone's diapers, KDawg.  

If anyone is dumb enough to believe that Snyder is really "hands off" and lets his football people make decisions without interfering, then they haven't learned anything in 23 years.  They haven't learned a ****ing thing.

There is a poster named Riggodrill that has been on that angle for a bit now. 

• Like 2

Just now, KDawg said:

There is a poster named Riggodrill that has been on that angle for a bit now. 

Well then he hasn't learned anything.  

There's plenty of blame to go around, it's not like Ron gets off scot-free here.  But JFC, as I said, if you think Dan doesn't still pull puppet strings, you haven't learned anything.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I don't quite get the Jerruh angle.  The idea that as long as he has Jerruh, he's safe.   Does Jerruh control a block of owners?  which owners?  

Well Jerruh just lost the vote to offer Goofball Goodell a new contract 31-1, so I don't think his influence is as wide as they say.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Anyone else read that letter from Snyder to the other Owners and immediately think of the Scar death scene from Lion King???

41fc0f70-5076-4b33-8458-9793fd78aa74_text.gif

This whole damn thing reminds me of the lion king.

Mufasa (aka jack Kent cooke) dies, his son wasn't able to take over as king so scar ( no introduction necessary) takes over and completely ruins the pride lands.

Hopefully now that we are at the lowest possible point we could be at there will be a huge fire, the death of scar and return of the king or new king that isn't scar and we can begin to rebuild this once proud land.

Hakuna mattata!!!!!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

13 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Seems like it's all up to Mary Jo White...

One thing about that:

I've read in the past that she basically comes up with what the NFL wants her to come up with.  She's done that in the past.  So, if that's true...then if the NFL truly wants Dan out, the MJW report will include enough damning evidence to give them every real reason to boot his ass.  

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Conn said:

Pretty tough to imagine him coming back from all this, personally. To have it get to the precipice and give people hope like this and have him retain ownership? It would kill the remaining dregs of the fanbase. The media drumbeat will continue getting louder and louder like it did with the name change imo….the league won’t be able to back away from this ledge. 

Looking at this objectively, you make all the sense the world.  This is more than often the way it goes in situations like this, across the board.  Not just athletics.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Destino said:

hes not the most popular guy these days in some circles, but could you imagine the stadium this guy would build?  The seats would do the wave all on their own.  

I believe Musk would be less likely to interfere than Bezos.  Musk probably knows nothing about American Football; that's a good thing!  He hires good people and lets them do their job.  I don't want another owner who thinks he knows more than legit football people.  Also, since Bezos created Amazon (with a lot of help from his wife) we haven't seen him do much.  Have you watched Rings of Power?  It's not good.  Granted, he didn't make the show but the people he hired didn't do a very good job.  Musk has so many irons in the fire he's not going to be spending much time at practices.  I like owners who sign checks and just show up on game day.  

Politics doesn't enter into to my thought process at all.  Nor should it!  Like most people, I tune into sports to get away from politics!  Between the two, Bezos would be more likely to get political than Musk.  I want the team to be laser focused on nothing but destroying Dallas, Philly, and the Giants every year.  

Now, in a perfect world, JJG would have the money to buy the team.  Or maybe Danny could give him a discount and he could crowd-fund the purchase.  I'd much rather have the team owned and managed by the Gibbs family.  But this ain't a perfect world.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Looking at this objectively, you make all the sense the world.  This is more than often the way it goes in situations like this, across the board.  Not just athletics.

I agree with this.  As bad as the winds of change were blowing on the name change, I'm happy with this news.  I've been let down so many times in the past though, I'm just going to let it play out before putting my emotions into it.  Beaten, broken and scared am I!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Because 9th largest market means the potential is there. It’s just being wasted by a crap owner. 

Any owner with half a brain would be able to get butts in the seats. Dan is just really stupid and terrible at this. 

9th largest market yet 6th in overall value. That would a bit suspect if it was just that.  But it isn't.. The stadium, attendance and concession/parking are way down, lost sponsors etc should mean it should not the 6th most valuable franchise to me but apparently it is.  

Mike Jones on 980 this morning.  He thought Irsay's comments were significant and orchestrated.

Add Jones to the crew who thinks Dan isn't swimming in cash.    A point, me, @KDawg, @BatteredFanSyndrome @Conn among others have gotten some push back on from some. To preempt some of the pushback, no Jones doesn't think Dan is broke or his money is apples to apples to name that layperson -- so that strawman argument wasn't in play here. :ols: 

And sorry I can't resist for being feisty on this point, I don't have an issue with those who don't think its the case, to each their own -- it just grabs me when they say it us who aren't majoring in the facts.  How many freaking facts do we need on the same point?  Dan's spending behavior which has been documented of late of being cheap.  Local reporters talking about it.  ESPN writers referenced the point in the context of the stadium where some owners told him that they think they can box him in using his debt against him and now Jones who is connected nationally flat out said it bluntly. 

Here's how it came up.  Sheehan asked about Rivera's future, Jones first said he's not sure Rivera survives if the season falls apart.  But then corrects himself some and goes he knows they aren't in a great financial situation and that word is around the league that they might not be able to afford something like paying two coaching staffs at the same time.

I get the pushback from some is they can literally afford anything.  But that's not the point.  I run a business.  I can afford to put aside some of my personal desires or liquidate personal investments and put it into my business. But I don't roll that way.  There is a limit to how much I put in my business.    I have a certain cash flow in my business that I work with.  I don't think I am that unusual in that way.   But heck even if someone doesn't agree with that logic -- how many people have to say the same thing? 

I am bringing it up and continue to do so for these two reasons.

A.  I think its a major plot line potentially in pushing Dan out as the ESPN writers referenced

B.  Old school Dan of hey at least he spends a ton of money is dead and buried.  There is zero redeeming about this version of Dan -- his money situation is another hinderance in the bag of problems with Dan. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, redskinss said:

This whole damn thing reminds me of the lion king.

Mufasa (aka jack Kent cooke) dies, his son wasn't able to take over as king so scar ( no introduction necessary) takes over and completely ruins the pride lands.

Hopefully now that we are at the lowest possible point we could be at there will be a huge fire, the death of scar and return of the king or new king that isn't scar and we can begin to rebuild this once proud land.

Hakuna mattata!!!!!

Yes- this is a classic tale unfolding in real time right before our eyes.

Someday, someone is going to write a book about Dan Snyder’s horrid regime.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

9th largest market yet 6th in overall value. That would a bit suspect if it was just that.  But it isn't.. The stadium, attendance and concession/parking are way down, lost sponsors etc should mean it should not the 6th most valuable franchise to me but apparently it is.  

It’s like buying a ****ty old house in a beautiful up-and-coming neighborhood. You’re paying for what it could be, and what it will be worth with some initial investment. Not what it currently is.

Also the most recent franchise to go up for sale always breaks the previous record no matter what team it is. Kind of similar to Free Agency contracts. So that plays into it as well—there’s only 32 teams, they rarely go on sale, and most of them aren’t in a great media market and part of the extremely popular NFC East division. The amount of money this franchise gets sold for will be absurd. 

2 minutes ago, ananoman said:

Someday, someone is going to write a book about Dan Snyder’s horrid regime.

IS THAT RG3’S MUSIC??

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1