Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

34 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

My guess is she knows about (or would assume about) affairs, messing around, that kind of thing. So I wonder what would be out there that would surprise her. 

Yea, I'm sorry, but she absolutely seems like the type to put up with the terrible **** a terrible billionaire might do...otherwise she would've been divorced him. 

Doing that at any point from here would strictly be about financial pragmatism, not stuff we don't know but bet your ass she already does.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

You can’t discount the idea that she believes this is a witch hunt

this family has played the victim card plenty. At multiple points early on he attacked criticism as being antisemitic. 

I wouldn’t jump to the idea that she tolerates him. 

• Like 2

Word on the street is Dan and Tanya have a contractual agreement that codifies their marital arrangements.

"Little" Danny is allowed an annual alotment of up to 16 "dalliances" per year, as long as they are restricted to those within his employ and/or control and those clearly beneath his economic and social station in life. This includes team cheerleaders, secretaries, paid off politicians, maids,  stewardesses, cooks, florists,  other servants and if course the stock of kidnapped runaways locked away in the medieval dungeon beneath his mansion.

Tanya, on the other hand, contractually has no limitation on either the number, frequency or economic standing of her vast array of extra-marital partners.

Dan is also allowed to watch Tanya "perform" with her partners up to three times a week (but never on a Friday or Saturday night) as long as he pays his admission fee, sits quietly in the corner and doesn't cry too loudly or otherwise cause a disturbance.

• Haha 3

I've been higher on Turner than a lot of folks, but there is something really wrong at the moment.  I'm not sure if it's all Turner, or if it's some Ron influence.  

But they just aren't doing a lot of things well offensively, and they are not using their players to their strengths.

Now, I will say, Turner had a BEAUTIFUL play designed, with that wacky 4 players in the backfield look, and got exactly what he wanted, the entire defense went right, the ball went left, and he had 3 blockers and 1 defender between the ball carrier and the end-zone. 

And the OL missed blocking a DB.  And instead of a TD, it was a 5 or 6 yard gain.

I think there are times when Turner is scheming guys open, and the execution is just not there.  And I think that happens quite a bit.  And the interior of the OL being basically on ice skates is a real problem.

Having said all that, the fact he can't get the ball to Terry, run an imaginative quick game that includes slants and quick in's, runs WAY too much on early downs, doesn't use hurry-up enough, and never moves the goddamn pocket, so everybody always knows where the goddamn QB is going to be is infuriating.  There are "easy" things you can do to help an offense.  And we do none of them.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

5 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Some of you guys know my family's connection to the league through our private messages. Snyder is DONE. Trust me. He can go nuclear on other owners if he wants, but it won't matter. MJW 's report will be a scorcher.

What is the MJW report you're referring to?  Is that the Wilkinson findings? 

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Dan is also allowed to watch Tanya "perform" with her partners up to three times a week (but never on a Friday or Saturday night) as long as he pays his admission fee, sits quietly in the corner and doesn't cry too loudly or otherwise cause a disturbance.

Is he contractually obligated to clean them up afterwards? 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

What is the MJW report you're referring to?  Is that the Wilkinson findings? 

MJW (Mary Jo White) report that the league says they’ll be releasing to the public (Whether people believe it’ll be released is another thing) but it sounds like it’ll actually be released this time. Not sure if any of the Wilkinson findings will be in it or not. 

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I've been higher on Turner than a lot of folks, but there is something really wrong at the moment.  I'm not sure if it's all Turner, or if it's some Ron influence.  

Some who cover the team have said after poking around that they are disappointed that Ron doesn't even mess much with the defense even though its his niche.  The idea that Ron is hands off with the defense for the most part even though he was a D coordinator but instead is drawing up the offensive schemes with Turner -- I think the odds about pretty close to zero.  I am not saying you are saying this -- just seeing the deficiencies in Scott's scheme -- I'd be floored if Ron had even a whit to do with it. 

Do I think Rivera might have told Scott that his pass happy KC style offense from early this season is bombing and he needs more balance in the offense -- probably so.  Wentz IMO isn't good enough to run an offense like that and the pass blocking isn't hot.  I thought otherwise before the season.  I wasn't as hopped up as you were to go with a 70% passing offense but I liked the idea of being heavily reliant on the pass.  After watching Wentz, I don't think so anymore.

Some questioned Frank Reich on this front who got the best out of Wentz in Philly -- why dude do you run a more run oriented scheme versus a Spurrier style offense with Wentz?  Maybe Reich's not as dense as some of us thought in the off season.  The Colts also had a better run blocking offensive line than pass blocking one like ours.

I was OK with the trade, I thought they overpaid but was OK with Wentz as a roll of the dice.  But after watching him. I don't think he's suited to a 70% pass offensive.  I wasn't sure what to think of Reich in the off season.  Now I am thinking maybe he wasn't stupid and actually knew his player. 

Banner who worked with Scott Turner thought he was average, nothing above average but purely average.  That's more or less Logan Paulsen's take too last year - competent but unimaginative and repetitive where you can cue in on his tendencies. 

This year the average take seemed to be taking a dive to being below average.  Listening to Cooley-Paulsen, the vibe I get is they think Turner is a bit lost figuring out how to scheme a QB friendly system for Wentz.  Feels like the off season drill in camp was a lot of 5-7 step drops and get the ball deep.  But they've struggled to get the protection to pull that off.  And they have (impression I get from Paulsen its comical how often they run it) substituted that with running a zillion mesh routes.  The Eagles in particular locked into Turner's early season tendency to go play action on first down and rely heavily on mesh routes (shallow crossers) in between the numbers and defenses have easily clamped down on that and Turner hasn't had something else up his sleave to respond. 

Paulsen and Hoffman talked about adding an offensive consultant in their latest podcast.  Paulsen does think Wentz is missing some throws and not seeing dudes open.  But its hard to miss that he thinks Turner has called some lousy games this season.   Cooley practically mocks Turner on some of his podcasts. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

Is he contractually obligated to clean them up afterwards? 

The agreement strictly forbids "Little" Danny from physical contact of any kind with either Tanya, any of her young virile and exceptionally "blessed" man-bulls or her muscular big breasted super thick with small waists and plenty of junk in the trunk  Amazonian she-girls, beyond the well rehearsed roles the two of them perform publicly at joint press conferences, charity events, interviews and during other similary staged scenarios.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some who cover the team have said after poking around that they are disappointed that Ron doesn't even mess much with the defense even though its his niche.  The idea that Ron is hands off with the defense for the most part even though he was a D coordinator but instead is drawing up the offensive schemes with Turner -- I think the odds about pretty close to zero.  I am not saying you are saying this -- just seeing the deficiencies in Scott's scheme -- I'd be floored if Ron had even a whit to do with it. 

I’m not saying scheme, I’m saying more game planning.  He’s openly said he wants to run the ball more, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he is instructing Scott to stick to the run and establish it.  

He keeps on bringing up the 4 game win j g streak where they ran the ball 6 more times per game than the season average, and he’s said he has told Scott he needs to “fall in love with the 4 yard run.”

I agree, I don’t think Ron is tinkering with the scheme, or even the day-of game calling.  But I think he probably does have input when it comes to general game plan strategy.  

Also, JDR is an established DC with success, and Scott is not, so Ron might be more inclined to give Scott general advice. 

I don’t know for sure.  But it wouldn’t surprise me if Ron instructed Scott to be more conservative.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Congress changing hands doesn’t save Dan since Congress can’t oust Dan, anyway. Sports news will bring enough things to keep the story active.

I've been saying this for months. Congress has already filled their role, they exposed Snyder and forced the commissioner to testify, which is all a terrible look for the league. They did their job and kept the story in the news, now it's up to the other owners who will be influenced by the MJW report which is taking far longer than most of us expected.

The idea of transferring power to Tanya won't fly and is a stupid suggestion that will never happen.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

The fact that Dan is determined to refute the terms of his suspenion, he did it from the outset and is doing it now -- showcases how stupid he is.  If the dude can admit for once he screwed up and at least pretend he's contrite and has taken on punishment for what he did -- his PR status would be better.

Instead he continues to adapt this on brand its everyone else's fault approach and does it on brand in the most unlikable way imaginable.   But I am becoming thankful for that because I've become increasingly optimistic that the Napolean reign might end in the near future -- or at least it feels good to have some optimism even if it might not bear out.  Will see. 

"I don't know that other owners even take his calls [anymore]," one team executive said about Snyder to CBS Sports.

Snyder cannot represent the team at league meetings until he meets with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, multiple league sources have told CBS Sports. That is disputed by Snyder's attorneys, who said in a statement obtained by CBS Sports that he is "no longer under any NFL restriction related to his involvement with the team." The meeting with Goodell likely would not take place until after the conclusion of the two investigations by Mary Jo White into Snyder - one concerning alleged financial improprieties and another surrounding alleged sexual harassment.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not saying scheme, I’m saying more game planning.  He’s openly said he wants to run the ball more, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he is instructing Scott to stick to the run and establish it.  

He keeps on bringing up the 4 game win j g streak where they ran the ball 6 more times per game than the season average, and he’s said he has told Scott he needs to “fall in love with the 4 yard run.”

I agree, I don’t think Ron is tinkering with the scheme, or even the day-of game calling.  But I think he probably does have input when it comes to general game plan strategy.  

Also, JDR is an established DC with success, and Scott is not, so Ron might be more inclined to give Scott general advice. 

I don’t know for sure.  But it wouldn’t surprise me if Ron instructed Scott to be more conservative.

Proabably but this isn't 2021.  They tried it the other way and they sucked doing it.  You seem wisful for them to return to their early season approach.  I am not.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Proabably but this isn't 2021.  They tried it the other way and they sucked doing it.  You seem wisful for them to return to their early season approach.  I am not.  

I’m wishful for them not to suck and end up with 13 points.  You can’t do that the way they are going now.  

They were good at stretching the field in the Jax and Detroit games.  Then the OL fell apart entirely.  

I think it is somewhat on Ron setting the approach.  That’s my guess.  Mostly because he’s said it out loud on a number of occasions.

It could be now we have no choice because Wentz is hurt and the OL sucks, and TH can’t throw the ball to 65% of the field, so they’re going to go back to trying ti win games 15-13. 

If they do, I’m honestly going to stop watching because it’s a road to nowhere and boring all at the same time.