Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He already has.  And the motion to dismiss has been revoked.  

So it goes into discovery. 

Does this mean other shoes are bound to drop?

Likewise with Mary Jo White investigation (which NFL has confirmed will be made public)?

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe it’s just me, but the argument that this is just some political theater is lost on me.

I do agree that most people really don’t care about this, they are worried about inflation, gas prices, vacations, whatever else is going on this summer.

The people who really care are the folks that have been harmed and all of the fans he screwed over the moment he bought the team.

Point being, I simply don’t see how this is political theater considering it really doesn’t move the needle anywhere but here.  I don’t think this is a net positive politically for those pushing the issue, with the exception of the victims and what’s left of this fanbase.

That might be true. But if it gets Snyder gone, I am all for it. 

No way the other owners force Dan out unless he's having an impact on the larger NFL business. However, I can see them pressuring him to sell by promising not to aid him in funding a new stadium. Essentially just tell him any new stadium proposal is DOA at the league office. Dan's Commanders can play at FedEx until it collapses.

Edited by profusion

27 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Lol @SoCalSkinsbeat me by two seconds 

These are people apparently Jason is in charge of. All the pretty white ones got to go yachting with Dan in Cannes. The level of tone deafness and stupidity is amazing. They literally used the hashtag #workwithprettypeople on the day of the congressional hearing and the day Danya and Jason released their memo about culture change.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

These are people apparently Jason is in charge of. All the pretty white ones got to go yachting with Dan in Cannes. The level of tone deafness and stupidity is amazing. They literally used the hashtag #workwithprettypeople on the day of the congressional hearing and the day Danya and Jason released their memo about culture change.

Yep.

I know others may disagree, and that's obviously fine, but I don't give Jason Wright much credit at all.   NFL put him in when the cat was already out of the bag regarding the horrific atrocities within the organization.  The Snyders had no freaking choice but to comply with any and every suggestion with huge fake smiles on their faces - they were already in hot water at this point.  You can drop just about anyone with a modicum of business competence into that situation and get done what Jason got done.  It seems like this big paradigm shift but it's just basic no-brainer stuff that the Snyders couldn't have cared less about.  Jason's proven to be one incompetent person on many epic levels since.  I'm just not nearly as impressed with him as some people, I guess.  

Danya sure as hell don't get any pats on the back.  None of the precieved change - NONE OF IT - is from a place of genuine concern/want to on their part.  They had to do it.  And worse yet, they've tried to frame the entire thing on them being the victims.  Just despicable, despicable people.  I truly pity their son, who has not one role model amongst the two.  If the NFL hadn't come down on them then Jason wouldn't even be here.  No one would have been fired.  Nothing would have changed except maybe for Bruce's ouster. 

And I don't believe for one second that the true culture of the organization has changed as much as they want you to believe it has.  I think it's just a tad deeper than surface level.  That photo says it all.  Danya still own the team.  Until they day they no longer do, anything you see as far as "class" and "culture change" run little more than skin deep.  Just wait until Ron is no longer the coach and this current heat dies down.  Things are going to go right back into the sewer.  I have zero doubt about that.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mojo said:

I like Jason Wright.  But it’s hard to like a guy that’s campaigning for such an asshole

I don't think he's campaigning for Dan.  

I think he's campaigning for the organization he has changed and built.  Dan's there, but Jason is the one who's transformed the organization, and I think it's ok for him to take credit for it.  Just because your boss is a no-nothing nitwit doesn't mean you have to be, and doesn't mean you can't do good things.  

1 hour ago, profusion said:

No way the other owners force Dan out unless he's having an impact on the larger NFL business. However, I can see them pressuring him to sell by promising not to aid him in funding a new stadium. Essentially just tell him any new stadium proposal is DOA at the league office. Dan's Commanders can play at FedEx until it collapses.

But that's also shooting themselves in the foot because the stadium revenue is shared, and they worship the almighty dollar.

The NFL wants a new stadium.  It's an embarrassment to the league a team plays in those facilities.  

I think (and have posted) what gets Dan gone is related to all this stuff, but it is not all this stuff.  What gets Dan gone is he just can't get a stadium built with any public backing.  If that's the case, the owners will pressure him to sell to somebody who can get the stadium deal done.  

It's related to all the noise because the noise is why politicians are staying away.  So it's an indirect effect, not a direct one.

It's all about the stadium.  If you want Dan out (and I do) you have to hope he can't get a stadium deal.  As soon as he gets one, he's completely safe unless there is a provable offense that is a "gots to go" situation.  MAYBE that thing in the plane is that, but it seems we won't know about it fully.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't think he's campaigning for Dan.  

I think he's campaigning for the organization he has changed and built.  Dan's there, but Jason is the one who's transformed the organization, and I think it's ok for him to take credit for it.  Just because your boss is a no-nothing nitwit doesn't mean you have to be, and doesn't mean you can't do good things.  

I agree with this. One thing I’ve noticed too is I thing he does legit care about his job, the people he’s brought in, and yes the fans. I’ve seen the man reach out to fans on Twitter or otherwise who are going through a rough time, Or having health issues/surgery etc. And not only has he reached out to those people he’s sent them care packages with team gear, get well soon cards and stuff like that. Could it all be for show? Of course but the people I’ve talked to that have been around the guy suggest that it isn’t. Is he perfect of course not but we can and have done a lot worse. And I’ll take my chances with the guy that might make a few mistakes but does seem to legit care. 

Edited by Mrshadow008

What exactly has Jason Wright done for the team? Jason got hired in August of 2020, in the middle of what would have been the preseason and 8 months after Ron was hired. I may be forgetting the order in which team staff was laid off, but the only significant FO member that I recall hanging around through Ron's house cleaning was Kyle Smith. Did Jason actually fire anyone?

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

What exactly has Jason Wright done for the team? Jason got hired in August of 2020, in the middle of what would have been the preseason and 8 months after Ron was hired. I may be forgetting the order in which team staff was laid off, but the only significant FO member that I recall hanging around through Ron's house cleaning was Kyle Smith. Did Jason actually fire anyone?

There could be lower level individuals that we don't know about. 

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Jason hired a bunch of people and many of them quit already. The turnover on the business side has been massive before and after Jason. The fact that the people he did hire posted that picture in Cannes with that hashtag proves shows he’s not actually at all savvy. 

• Like 3

I’m noticing more and more on social media than this utterly relentless barrage of negative publicity surrounding Dan Snyder is starting to turn him into more of a sympathetic figure.  I reiterate again, I’m not a fan of Snyder’s tenure as owner, and wouldn’t mind seeing him sell or even be forced out, but this “make it my mission in life” attitude of some by any means necessary is starting to garner him some unexpected support.  Take that however you want, but it’s the truth.  

The “I don’t like Snyder either…but stop beating the dead horse” posts are increasing.  

• Thumb up 1