Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He should just wait.  See if the environment changes for VA.  It won't for DC.  But if the scandals get resolved and the team has a good season, and there are some fans in the stadium, the entire situation could change for next year. There's no rush.  They own the stadium.  Nobody is kicking them out.  It's better to get it done right than done quickly.  

The last stadium was rushed because JKC wanted to see if before he died. And then didn't.  Don't make the same mistake twice.  

The thing is VA isn’t even entirely dead yet. Even if the state doesn’t give him money. Even if the state doesn’t give him money. Loudon or PW still could. I can’t for the life of me remember the guys name that was on Standigs podcast a couple weeks ago. But he mentioned that PW is VERY interested in the stadium being built at that Woodbridge site. He said something to the effect of PW wants to be eventually be seen similar to how Loudon is seen and that getting a stadium and all the restaurants retail etc around it would go a long way to help achieve that. The other thing with MD other than refusing to offer any money is they’ve squandered the opportunity to develop around the stadium after all this time. Which when you think about it was a HUGE mistake on PG and MDs part especially early when there were 90,000 fans in the stadium regularly. I feel like even if VA and MD are both offering $0 it still ends up in VA 

14 hours ago, Peregrine said:

No you cant.  Conduct detrimental has to be conduct first of all, and almost always has to involve something such as an arrest or charges.  An opinion on twitter would be an absolute lawyer field day.

If the team fined him, legally they would be required to say THEY issued the fine unless he just volunteered, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Can you cite your source regarding a necessary involvement in the criminal justice system?  Also, can you further define "conduct" as per your understanding and expertise of the term?

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

The number of people in this Country, including some who, apparently, have law degrees who don't understand the very simple language of the first amendment continues to amaze me. But let's say at a minimum it does not do what is suggested in the above sentence.

Seriously. "Freedom of speech" is not "freedom from consequences." It also says that the government can't regulate what you say, with exceptions. It says nothing about businesses, organizations, etc.

Literally just Google "limitations of freedom of speech USA", here's one example:

Lata Nott, Executive Director of the First Amendment Center, explains:

The First Amendment only protects your speech from government censorship. It applies to federal, state, and local government actors. This is a broad category that includes not only lawmakers and elected officials, but also public schools and universities, courts, and police officers.  It does not include private citizens, businesses, and organizations. This means that: 

• A private school can suspend students for criticizing a school policy;
  • A private business can fire an employee for expressing political views on the job; and
  • A private media company can refuse to publish or broadcast opinions it disagrees with. 

(Source: Freedom Forum Institute) - an expansive interpretation of first amendment rights

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Washington isn’t getting a team, if they lose this one. La went 20 years without a team. Washington probably longer.

The Jacksonville guy would probably move here. We have a better market than them😤

• Thumb up 2

Can we have a contest on when we hit rock bottom or some sort of payout for our collective misery?  At this point I am throwing darts and predicting 2028.

Thinking congress investigating the sex deal maybe forcing Dan to resign - nope. Skimming $$$ off the league - nope. Jack Del Drama... all the tweets  and after a terrible year... retained?  I predict our D will suck and players will not respect JDR at all. Terry playing hardball and who can blame him - I expect a long holdout/sitout because we suck and his agent SHOULD tell him to get the F out.  DC doesn't want the comrades. VA doesn't want our trash unmarketable product - Hoodbridge?  MD? Our stadium collapsed on national TV. Rock bottom may well turn out being worse than Dan still controlling the team through Mrs Snyder. Maybe he will name his son president since he had a hand of sorts in taking Haskins - we know he has Dad's ear.

Only good thing we seemed to have done is finally ditched the painted dirt at Fedex that was injuring our players.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Washington isn’t getting a team, if they lose this one. La went 20 years without a team. Washington probably longer.

Not a chance, the NFL will look at how massive this fanbase is, and how it was top 3 in the NFL, and salivate over putting another team here.  Money talks.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Can we have a contest on when we hit rock bottom or some sort of payout for our collective misery?  At this point I am throwing darts and predicting 2028.

Each time we seem to think we just hit rock bottom, this team finds a way to dig even deeper.

So I'm not sure we'll ever hit rock bottom.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Trying to predict when the team hits rock bottom is like watching all of the bugs bunny cartoons to see when Wile E Coyote blows himself up the worst..

Just enjoy the show. 

When the only thing they give you to cheer for is a clown show, become a fan of the clown show. 

It's much more entertaining that way.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He should just wait.  See if the environment changes for VA.  It won't for DC.  But if the scandals get resolved and the team has a good season, and there are some fans in the stadium, the entire situation could change for next year. There's no rush.  They own the stadium.  Nobody is kicking them out.  It's better to get it done right than done quickly.  

The last stadium was rushed because JKC wanted to see if before he died. And then didn't.  Don't make the same mistake twice.  

I agree with the other poster, I don't see it in VA anytime soon if ever.   As for the "rushed " part he has been working on this for years, he is growing impatient and wanted a new stadium deal for a while now  

I'm still trying to figure out what positives Jason Wright has brought to the team, other than not being Bruce Allen.  I'm convinced the rushed Sean Taylor memorial was Snyder trying to take the heat off, still the porta potty shot etc made it a clown show.  The new name and rollout?  Enough said. Posters here caught him in a lie, not sure the context, but there's that too.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm still trying to figure out what positives Jason Wright has brought to the team, other than not being Bruce Allen.  I'm convinced the rushed Sean Taylor memorial was Snyder trying to take the heat off, still the porta potty shot etc made it a clown show.  The new name and rollout?  Enough said. Posters here caught him in a lie, not sure the context, but there's that too.  

Off the top i can think of a couple

-Likely significantly reduced the penalties levied against us by the NFL due to its faith in Rivera n Wright

-Previous harassing culture seems to be gone.

-Major overturn of staff.

-New field

-A guy who is actually capable of dancing around sensitive topics in interviews and statements, which is invaluable when you have as many issues as we have

Better than what we had but not what I had been hoping for given the issues he helped cause.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

-Likely significantly reduced the penalties levied against us by the NFL due to its faith in Rivera n Wright

-New field

-A guy who is actually capable of dancing around sensitive topics in interviews and statements, which is invaluable when you have as many issues as we have

Better than what we had but not what I had been hoping for given the issues he helped cause.

I'll add to this that you have to grade the dude on a curve.

I'm not in or out on the guy, generally he's just another dude employed to try and mask the stench of the dumpster fire.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

-New field

I won't argue that these things have happened while Wright has been here, but I don't know how much he personally did to make the middle three happen.  People had already been "resigning" left and right. In fact, as I'm typing this I'm thinking that number 3 would cause number 2.  Our field, I don't know what he did there himself.

I'll give you 1 and 5. I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt, I'm a fan (though after honoring Sean with a porta-potty and not realizing that people cared about him it's waned a lot), but I don't know what he's actually done himself.

in the spirit of our 'new start' already needing a thorough cleanse (or the reboot needs a reboot) i have a new tale of jdr's stupidity from gmfb

for full disclosure,, as i've told tk and a family relation who agrees on this and is a very smart footfall fan, although like my first ex is also a lifelong cowboy fan -_-, i have never thought jdr was anything to celebrate as a human or a football coach :) 

so hurry up, ron, you hit-and-miss 50-50-level hiring guru, and move this pinhead along for being a half ass dc

anyway the segment was about team building exercises and, under ron at jville, macho man del rio decided he would have a big log set up in the dressing room with an axe and the players were to chop through it...and later that day a news item is released that the jville kicker, who was a pretty necessary piece for them, would be out for the season due to a huge gash he incurred why trying this stunt when he, like most of the team, had little or zero axe-log-chopping experience (something else i do know about)

just so so stupid and so typical of pinhead del rio...last years regression in defense is as attributable to dumbass del rio (and our offenses limitations @qb) as any 'chase young and friends' slump 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

so hurry up, ron, you hit-and-miss 50-50-level hiring guru, and move this pinhead along for being a half ass dc

Agreed, I thought the fine only made things look bad and further emboldened folks to cry 'cancel culture'.

Why not just use it as the cherry on top of the termination sundae.  He's shown us nothing to suggest he can get the best out of the defense, in fact - we've only seen more of the constant miscommunication that doomed those before him like Barry and Manusky.  

40 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Agreed, I thought the fine only made things look bad and further emboldened folks to cry 'cancel culture'.

Why not just use it as the cherry on top of the termination sundae.  He's shown us nothing to suggest he can get the best out of the defense, in fact - we've only seen more of the constant miscommunication that doomed those before him like Barry and Manusky.  

I understand why they didn't fire him now. You either fire him for performance or you keep him, but if you fire him for what he said then that invites all sorts of negative attention. And, say what you want about JDR, but his defenses stack up pretty nicely over the course of his coaching career. Including two years ago in Washington. 

45 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I understand why they didn't fire him now. You either fire him for performance or you keep him, but if you fire him for what he said then that invites all sorts of negative attention. And, say what you want about JDR, but his defenses stack up pretty nicely over the course of his coaching career. Including two years ago in Washington. 

I understand why they didn't fire him as well.  It's merely my opinion that they could have cut ties and I'd be okay with that.  I have a hard time praising JDR's defenses here in Washington.  That 2020 season was bad for this team all the way around as it bred a confidence that wasn't deserved due to the covid season and playing so many backup QBs.  The defense he trotted out there last season appeared so lost on a regular basis, very little cohesion, paid a mint for and then played WJIII to his weaknesses, and the list goes on.  The last thing this dude needs to be doing is spouting off about anything that can be interpreted as divisive.  Save the whataboutism for the dining room table.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I respectfully disagree.  The NFC East is perhaps the most storied division in the NFL.  The rivalries are legit legendary between the existing cities.  There is no way LA compares to DC on this front.  Not even a little.  LA fans alone are fickle as all get out.  They can't hold a candle to the fans in DC.

There is no way the NFL doesn't insert a new team in DC at the earliest possible juncture.  There's no other location in the country (currently without a team) that would supersede DC.  Washington would immediate skyrocket to the top of the list, leaving all other teamless cities in a far distant second place.

But, I think it's all fantasyland stuff anyway.  I feel strongly that the NFL would force Dan out before allowing him to relocate the team.  

• Like 2