Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

2 billion?  LMAO.  The man can’t even afford to restructure Wentz and sign McLaurin and we’re talking about 2 billy for a stadium?  He doesn’t have that kind of coin.

I'm just going to keep posting, this is speculation you (nor anybody else) have any idea about.

It might be true, it might not be.  But at the moment, it's absolutely nothing but speculation.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah I don't see people lining up to be Dan's minority partner.  Who wants to get in bed with him?  There is no guarantee they'll ever get full or even majority ownership.  

EDIT: I re-thought it. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Yeah I read the other day that in the original sale he only put up about $120 million of his own money for the team while his family put up another 90. Yeah that was a pretty substantial loan then as well. 

Someone absolutely would. I know others have scoffed at me when i mentioned Jay-z in the past but there were rumors he was interested in a minority stake here when the minority owners were selling before Dan became 100% owner. So not saying him specifically but somebody would have interest in buying a minority stake. Getting into the club also goes a long way in helping you buy a full team if one goes up for sale. Thats what David Tepper and Jimmy Haslam both did. Both owned minority stakes in the Steelers before buying the Panthers and Browns. Keep in mind NFL owners have to approve someone buying a team before allowing it. Its a large part of how we ended up with Snyder to begin with. He was originally part of another group and then owners went to him through back channels to put his own group together. Hell even the Broncos sale supposedly Josh Harris who also owns the 76ers was willing to bid up 5 billion for the Broncos but the NFL chose Waltons bid instead even though it wasnt quite as much money. Having your foot in the door regardless of the franchise could make a huge deal to someone looking to eventually be a majority owner even if it means somewhere like here

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/jay-z-buy-washington-football-team-nfl-ownership

The Broncos trustees picked the Walton heir.  The nfl will approve that.

On 6/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Fwiw, Ron’s statement I think was strong and appropriate.  

a $100k fine for a coach is nothing to sneeze at.  

The one thing which stood out to me is in the statement it said “I have fined…”

No we, not the organization.  I wonder if there is meaning to that phrasing. Ie: normally, this type of thing would run through ownership.

I have to imagine Dan and her majesty Tonya were consulted.  But they ae not mentioned.   

I don’t know what that means.  Probably nothing.  But it’s notable.  Hence I noted it.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Burgold said:

Yeah, it's about saying it while wearing the uniform while he was acting in an official capacity. Lots of businesses restrict what you say publicly when you are representing them.

I have to be somewhat careful in my postings on social media with my current job. Even moreso if I am posting or communicating not on a personal account, but on my company letterhead. I bet that's true for a lot of us.

Just yesterday, a reporter from the Washington Post was suspended for a month for retweeting something. That something called into question their objectivity as a reporter and made the company look bad. The fine Del Rio received is actually not only pretty normal it's pretty tolerant for a multiple time offender.

Exactly this. Take the politics out of it, and the abbrasiveness/controversy/divisiveness of the statement was said in this capacity.

I feel like people are defending the "point" he was trying to make instead of what earned him the fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Correct but I guarantee NFL had input just like they did here 

Input yes but I think since it was an estate sale ; trustees had a greater say. The nfl could reject Walton but trustees would pick someone else and the nfl really couldn’t influence that. 

34 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

JDR deleted his twitter account.

It'd be awesome if several million people followed suit.

Prob got a burner account out there, wouldn't be the first NFL guy w/ one.

As long as it does not reflect on the team, he can do what he wants. Nice that we won't have to suffer under new tweets of his in the future and he can totally be about football in the public eye.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

As long as it does not reflect on the team, he can do what he wants. Nice that we won't have to suffer under new tweets of his in the future and he can totally be about football in the public eye.

We'll come back to this post inevitably when JDR opens his mouth later this season and says something stupid not related to football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm just going to keep posting, this is speculation you (nor anybody else) have any idea about.

It might be true, it might not be.  But at the moment, it's absolutely nothing but speculation.  

Dan Snyder's Net Worth 2022

https://www.idolnetworth.com/dan-snyder-net-worth-50329

snydernet2022.PNG

Snyder's net worth is completely tied to the team. His cash available for operations is budgeted 1 year in advance according to his filings and NFL requirements. It would appear that you can assume that signing any players wouldn't be an issue with guaranteed money requirements less than 100M. However you can also assume there's no avenue for him to be able to afford to build a 3-billion dollar stadium without tax payer money. He is the 12th richest owner in the NFL (with the Walton's buying Denver).

Note- Stadium costs are rising and the Raider's Allegiant Stadium was 1.9B and LA was 4.9B

By the projections Snyder can double his net worth if he can hold onto the team for 4 more years. He isn't selling anytime soon.

Edited by TheShredder

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Input yes but I think since it was an estate sale ; trustees had a greater say. The nfl could reject Walton but trustees would pick someone else and the nfl really couldn’t influence that. 

For the record its not Walton I think they might have rejected Its the Josh Harris bid that i think wouldve been rejected. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/06/08/76ers-josh-harris-was-willing-to-pay-5-billion-for-broncos-per-report

Josh Harris, the co-owner of the 76ers, was willing to pay as much as $5 billion to earn majority ownership of the Broncos, according to Pro Football Talk. However, Harris’s biggest concern was if he would be fully assured ownership of the team if he put up $5 billion. According to PFT, those in control of the ownership negotiations never solidified full assurance that Harris would become the team’s next majority owner, even with money on standby.

6 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

He should be out already. If your D (with a ton of firsts) can't beat good QB's then you are useless. He's already proven this one repeatedly. 

But how can JDR’s strategy of rushing four and playing off coverage while making no one has coverage responsibility for the tight end or any receiver more than thirty yards downfield not work? Why does his vanilla play calling not cause more confusion?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

If he’s got one, he’s dumb enough to **** ip with it and let people know. We will find out eventually. 

I still don't get why JDR is still employed by the team. 

It's not like he's a top 3 D coordinator and so we have to do what we can to keep him happy. We aren't even a top-20 D. Let him pound sand.

Edited by bird_1972
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I still don't get why JDR is still employed by the team. 

It's not like he's a top 3 D coordinator and so we have to do what we can to keep him happy. We aren't even a top-20 D. Let him pound sand.

I suspect it's because almost everyone got a mulligan for 2020. Probably the rules around Covid practices and the players lost due to injury or illness made it hard to evaluate anyone. That, or Dan's broke, and can't afford a new DC and to pay JDR his leftover guaranteed salary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I suspect it's because almost everyone got a mulligan for 2020. Probably the rules around Covid practices and the players lost due to injury or illness made it hard to evaluate anyone. That, or Dan's broke, and can't afford a new DC and to pay JDR his leftover guaranteed salary.

I don't buy the former since our poor performance predated our COVID-related absences later in the season. 

As for the last bit about Dan's cash position (covered extensively elsewhere), that would be highly troubling and yet another in a long list of reasons NFL should force a sale.

mint hill got a couple days off tre: the 'no politics in the stadium' and others are either dancing up to the line or maybe crossed over it, i haven't checked them all yet

so mind the posters that get it and warn you

tk and i have given enough 'tutorials' on how to post on this stuff and what to avoid and if you aren't sure you get it then don't post or go ahead and see if you get a brief vacation or not

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Snyder's net worth is completely tied to the team. His cash available for operations is budgeted 1 year in advance according to his filings and NFL requirements. It would appear that you can assume that signing any players wouldn't be an issue with guaranteed money requirements less than 100M. However you can also assume there's no avenue for him to be able to afford to build a 3-billion dollar stadium without tax payer money. He is the 12th richest owner in the NFL (with the Walton's buying Denver).

Note- Stadium costs are rising and the Raider's Allegiant Stadium was 1.9B and LA was 4.9B

By the projections Snyder can double his net worth if he can hold onto the team for 4 more years. He isn't selling anytime soon.

Here's the thing people forget: Snyder has a net worth, the TEAM (which is an independant legal entity) also has a value, and has cash on hand.

NOBODY KNOWS HOW MUCH CASH THE TEAM HAS.  Well, some people do.  The NFL, the auditors, etc.  They aren't saying.

Since Bruce didn't spend anything for a decade, it's really possible the team is flush with Cash.  It's possible Dan distributed all of that cash to himself and his other owners.  We don't know.  That isn't public.

Net Worth means nothing in this circumstance.  The team generates revenue, it has expenses, and it has profit.  It keeps some of that profit as cash. 

I'd be completely, totally, and absolutely shocked if every team in the NFL didn't have $250M Cash MINIMUM sitting on their balance sheet (and conversely in a "bank account" at any given time. I wouldn't be surprised if that number was closer to $400M.  For every team including this one.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kwitt said:

No politics in the Stadium is a very good policy.  Just hope it is being enforced on both sides of the spectrum.

oh is that what you hope? -_-

take the next 48 hours away from posting here and see if you can figure out where that post should have been placed by rule 

i hope so

as the avenging owner of  "america's ass" likes to say, "i can do this all day"

• Like 1