Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm picturing Mr. "Happy Thanksgiving" being put in front of Congress.  I'm sure he will put on a cool and collected performance.  

lol, yeah it would be amusing but I doubt Dan has the guts.  As I like to say he deserves every ounce of bad press because unlike other owners he's petrified about facing the music. 

Dan eons ago when he would talk on occasion would be all right as a speaker.  But I've noticed since he went in deep hiding where he almost never speaks -- from the few small doses of late when he does he looks like like a painfully shy 10 year old speaking in front of his class and stumbles through whatever he says.      He'd likely be a train wreck.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah, i know it’s being announced at the preseason game. I was just calling BS on the fan engagement program to select the mascot since there was also supposed to be one to work on the song, yet there wasn’t. 

we’re being lied to. There is no fan engagement program 😂 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

Thety are pushing all black, fans should double down on the theme by bringing signs mourning the demise of this fanbase due to Dan.  Maybe there is way to marry those themes?  

https://www.commanders.com/news/washington-commanders-announce-game-themes-for-inaugural-season

11.6: Week Nine vs Minnesota Vikings, presented by USAA

• Theme: Salute to Service
  • Key activations include:
  • Service member recognition
  • Black out game – fans are encouraged to dress in all black for the game
4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, i know it’s being announced at the preseason game. I was just calling BS on the fan engagement program to select the mascot since there was also supposed to be one to work on the song, yet there wasn’t. 

Don't know if they engaged or not.  Personally, I don't care if they did or not -- I'd probably prefer they don't and used a real song writer but I am guessing its going to end up real cheesy whatever they do. 

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well at least they went with the team name that all the fans wanted!!! :cheers:

• Haha 2

On 6/1/2022 at 6:32 PM, bird_1972 said:

Neither Snyder nor Goodell have been subpoenaed, though.

I believe the invitation is part political theater (as many of these things are) but also an effort to give each of them the opportunity to give their side of the story. If they refuse, the Committee will issue a report based on the information it's gathered already. 

NFL did respond to this invitation today with a statement saying they've already turned over a lot of information. So the Committee is likely tying up loose ends but already has most of what it needs.

The league gave them the 450,000 meaningless emails and other documents but withheld the critical 200,000+ that make up the entire picture. So they are doing anything BUT tying up loose ends. They are still looking for the real truth. 

In the end they will do nothing except maybe say, bad boys you should punish yourselves. 

image.png.24c605238cffbd20ec2f83a5fbc3d269.png

@Skinsinparadise posted this in the QB thread.  I think it's interesting here as well.

Does anybody else find it somewhat interesting the Browns traded for a guy who has active sexual harassment lawsuits going on, though no criminal trial (at the moment) and Congress didn't think to include their ownership groups in the request to appear before the congressional sub-committee so they could ask some questions about that current, ongoing debacle?  

Here is an excerpt from the letter:

"The hearing is the next step in the Committee’s months-long investigation into the Commanders’ hostile workplace culture and will also examine the NFL’s handling of allegations of workplace misconduct, the NFL’s role in setting and enforcing standards across the League, and legislative reforms needed to address these issues across the NFL and other workplaces."

I get that Watson is a player, and it's a bit different in that he has not been accused of anything directly team related, but in the midst of this workplace misconduct investigation, the Browns just signed Watson to a $250M fully guaranteed deal.  That has to raise some eyebrows...

If I was congress, I'd want to ask ol' Roger and Jimmy about that as well.  

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe this is what Dan needs, a mascot, to reignite the fan base?

the 

Bull****. Fans will have no say. Just a pr scam. Dan already picked the mascot  and I bet you his kids picked the song. Dan may have a so called season long rollout/engagement but he will not follow it. When he needs a distraction; he will announce things. You can bank on it 

• Like 1

I think the team is going to need to be proactive and get a lot of black and white seat covers for those blackout and whiteout games.

Since when have NFL teams really been about blackout and whiteout stands anyway? I feel like this comes from watching Penn State have a nearly all white stadium in night games and the team deciding they want to copy it.

Dan and this organization need to let Sean Taylor be. Haven’t they done enough jerking around the fan base? I dont know how his family is taking it, but I would say enough is enough. 

The name is Commanders, just move on from everything Redskins related. Redskins didn’t have black or pink uniforms. Redskins had the most detailed helmet decal and emblem in the whole league, maybe even in sports. Redskins won things. The Redskins were a once proud organization. 

The new name does not relate or honor the Redskins in any way, just move on!!! If you wanted to honor the Redskins in any way, you should have named them differently and brought back uniforms with meaning. 

Now, to be absolutely clear, I thought it was time for a name change. I’m not one of these people that are stubborn on the subject.

But I thought it would have meaning, history and toughness. The name and uniforms have none of the above. Move on and quite using the fan base and  a murdered player to make a dollar. Just screw off…

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 3

^ what a horrendous take. Fans loved Sean Taylor and still do. 11/27 is the day he died, revealing the on-site memorial is a great thing to do, fans still love talking about great plays he made. Telling the team to “screw off” for doing something GOOD? That’s laughable. 

• Thumb down 2

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^ what a horrendous take. Fans loved Sean Taylor and still do. 11/27 is the day he died, revealing the on-site memorial is a great thing to do, fans still love talking about great plays he made. Telling the team to “screw off” for doing something GOOD? That’s laughable. 

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus,

Are you related to Dan or what?

Bet you're a blast at parties. 

HTTR!

Just now, skinsfan4128 said:

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus,

Are you related to Dan or what?

Bet you're a blast at parties. 

HTTR!

You’re disagreeing about a Sean Taylor memorial for fans being a good thing, and I’M the one that’s miserable at parties?

Horrendous take. Bravo.