Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

A bit confusing on the wording between the headline and in the paragraphs

headline, it says “invites” them. An invitation can be turned down. 

in the actual paragraphs, it says it’s “requesting” them. A request, you can’t really turn down, can you? Without a consequence at least. 

just trying to understand if this is something they HAVE to do or something they can say no to, and if they do say no, what the punishment is. 

There's some invitations you should not turn down as it'll make you look bad.

Basically, that's an invitation to defend yourself, so they'd better show up to tell their own version or the comittee will stay on what they already have.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yeah, it's basically "an offer he can't refuse" so naturally Dan Snyder will probably not show up, lol. 

That's what I thought yeah.

Goodell probably won't either, or he'll be instructed to go there and throw Dan Snyder under the bus by mistake.

Snyder won't show up. The invitation is obviously a trap anyway, but the committee's expectation isn't that he will appear. They know he won't. It's theater, and his refusal to answer questions will not bode well for the now-delayed vote in the Virginia General Assembly. It will give the skeptics in Richmond - and the number is growing - increasing justification to vote 'no'. And no team-commissioned, hardly credible "study" will sway those making this decision in Richmond, regardless of what Wright may believe.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

It’s very sad that this idea of ignoring subpoenas has been normalized. 

Neither Snyder nor Goodell have been subpoenaed, though.

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

Snyder won't show up. The invitation is obviously a trap anyway, but the committee's expectation isn't that he will appear. They know he won't. It's theater, and his refusal to answer questions will not bode well for the now-delayed vote in the Virginia General Assembly. It will give the skeptics in Richmond - and the number is growing - increasing justification to vote 'no'. And no team-commissioned, hardly credible "study" will sway those making this decision in Richmond, regardless of what Wright may believe.

I believe the invitation is part political theater (as many of these things are) but also an effort to give each of them the opportunity to give their side of the story. If they refuse, the Committee will issue a report based on the information it's gathered already. 

NFL did respond to this invitation today with a statement saying they've already turned over a lot of information. So the Committee is likely tying up loose ends but already has most of what it needs.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is the type of chatter we need from every politician involved in the stadium stuff. “We’d give an NFL owner money for a stadium and infrastructure, but not THIS owner. Replace him and we can talk.” That’s what the NFL needs to hear. 

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

53 minutes ago, Conn said:

This is the type of chatter we need from every politician involved in the stadium stuff. “We’d give an NFL owner money for a stadium and infrastructure, but not THIS owner. Replace him and we can talk.” That’s what the NFL needs to hear. 

We should be so lucky. For some reason, I feel like the NFL will circle the wagons around Snyder and politicians will be too chicken to stand up.

• Thanks 2

Goodell is untouchable, Snyder is not. Unbeknownst to him, the Skins' owner is risking a lot right now. Dude is gonna go down in embarrassing, unforgettably laughable flames, and I will enjoy every moment of it. The franchise will reemerge.

• Like 1

Dan’s lawyers have to be advising him to go testify, right? This seems like the exact type of situation where Dan would flourish. He’d either have the whole of congress totally rattled as he calmly and cooly swatted away all their questions or he’d just charm their pants off. Either way, great PR for Dan and for the team.

• Haha 5

22 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

There's some invitations you should not turn down as it'll make you look bad.

Basically, that's an invitation to defend yourself, so they'd better show up to tell their own version or the comittee will stay on what they already have.

There are some invitations you should not accept, as itll make you look bad.  Theres no way Dan or Goodell are showing up to those.  While they know it will look bad if they dont go, like any guilty person they know it will be way worse if they have to sit their and answer questions.  Theres a zero percent chance they do that willingly.  They are counting on the fallout being manageably if they dont, what Dan always counts on.

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

Dan and Roger would be fools to show up. Nothing to be gained.

Roger can throw Dan under the bus and make it impossible for him to continue his ownership of the team. Then a sale without a vote to boot him might take place. That’s an outcome most of the owners would want. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

They either both go or neither goes, because the one who goes will gladly throw the other under the Greyhound bus.

Then I'll be hoping to enjoy a day filled with ruthless back and forth salvos of no mercy given or requested "under the busings."

"Let the games begin!" Linda Lovelace

image.png.f094da871889ea2e0a5601a34cbf58cf.png

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

19 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Neither Snyder nor Goodell have been subpoenaed, though.

I believe the invitation is part political theater (as many of these things are) but also an effort to give each of them the opportunity to give their side of the story. If they refuse, the Committee will issue a report based on the information it's gathered already. 

NFL did respond to this invitation today with a statement saying they've already turned over a lot of information. So the Committee is likely tying up loose ends but already has most of what it needs.

Another insulting comment by the NFL.  Obviously the Committee did not receive most of what it needs.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Roger can throw Dan under the bus and make it impossible for him to continue his ownership of the team. Then a sale without a vote to boot him might take place. That’s an outcome most of the owners would want. 

Dan won't sell unless he's forced to. Nothing Roger says publicly or the committee does will make it impossible for him keep owning the team. He'll have to be voted out.

You or I? Sure, we'd sell quietly to avoid being thrown under the bus. Dan is incapable of shame and thinks his lawyers can bully their way to any desired result.

Even if they don't show I think this is significant. One of the owners said they are tired of all the smoke surrounding this team. Well this is more smoke.

I've been asking can the Committee call Beth Wilkerson?  If she had an NDA will that prevent this?  If so that should be made public, more pressure on the NFL regarding the coverup.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I think that option has got some legs within the owners circle. Especially those that aren't exactly fond of having to vote Dan out.

Goodell will do what he is ordered by the owners here. If he goes, it'll be because they told him to do so.

Then he's smart enough to make it look like it's all on Dan and not the other owners. That they fined him and the team and because most of those were already settled with plaintiffs they did not feel like going for more.

3 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

They either both go or neither goes, because the one who goes will gladly throw the other under the Greyhound bus.

That would most likely happen. But Dan is smart and competent enough to throw himself under the bus while trying to throw Roger under it.

4 hours ago, Peregrine said:

There are some invitations you should not accept, as itll make you look bad.  Theres no way Dan or Goodell are showing up to those.  While they know it will look bad if they dont go, like any guilty person they know it will be way worse if they have to sit their and answer questions.  Theres a zero percent chance they do that willingly.  They are counting on the fallout being manageably if they dont, what Dan always counts on.

I would expect Dan's lawyers to advise him not to show, obviously, he'll be able to make the situation even worse than not going there.

I'm not sure about the NFL as they could help themselves as well in the Gruden affair too by showing their and giving them Dan also. Might be slim, but that may work.

Edited by Wildbunny