Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

So let’s say he does get pushed out.  I would imagine there are ways for the new owner to back out of any land deal if they wanted to?  I mean, what’s the worst ****ing place to build a stadium around here, amiright?  Really on-brand decision making from Snyder.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Thanks 2

MAQB: Dan Snyder Removal Vote Could Swing On Results of Investigation

NFL owners are reluctant to set a precedent for removing one of their own, but they could be moved to do so pending an ongoing investigation

I wouldn’t expect much movement on the status of Commanders owner Dan Snyder over the league’s two days here in Buckhead. In response to the USA Today story that owners are “counting votes”, one executive here said, “We’d have to know a lot more than we do now” for the league to get the 24 votes necessary to take Snyder’s team from him. That, to be clear, doesn’t mean that owners aren’t counting votes—all of them are bracing for the results of former Securities and Exchange Commission chair Mary Jo White’s investigation, which could, in fact, lead them to know a lot more.

The real issue in getting the votes involves precedent, and the bar the other owners want to set for taking another owner’s team away. And the one thing I’d say we can all count on is that bar will be set very high (or low, depending on your perspective) for that. So stay tuned for the White report; its contents probably dictate where this goes next.

• While we’re there, the Commanders’ purchase of land that could be used for a stadium in Woodbridge, Va., was received in D.C. like the team was moving to Mars. And with the traffic in that area, it’s understandable why that would be the sentiment. That said, by comparison to where other teams are, the Woodbridge location, 23 miles from the city, isn’t all that far-flung.

The Patriots play in Foxboro, Mass., 28 miles from Boston. The 49ers play in Santa Clara, 42 miles from San Francisco. The Cowboys play in Arlington, 19 miles from Dallas. The difference here is that those teams are also close to other relatively large cities (the Patriots to Providence, the Niners to San Jose, and the Cowboys to Fort Worth), but the NFL hasn’t exactly had a history of shying away from suburban locations (the Jets and Giants are another example, playing 11 miles from Manhattan).

Ideally, I’d say most of us believe that the RFK Stadium site remains the ideal one for the Commanders. But I’m not sure that’ll happen absent the team being sold.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

At this point its about saving reputation. Dan can think he did nothing wrong when it comes to the allegations about sexual harassment and financial improprieties, but when it comes to the team's performance and bleeding of fans, the numbers simply don't lie. I remember ESPN airing a story on Snyder about a decade ago when Dan was asked what his father would say to him regarding the state of the team and he said, imitating his father, "Its a disaster.....you have to fix it!"  Has this "disaster" really gotten any better since?

In Dan's mind, this disaster is because he wasn't involved enough. Its because he let people run it instead of doing what he wanted which was running it himself. I honestly think this article means the writing is on the wall. It may not be this meeting, but the way bad news follows this guy around, its only a matter of time before he makes another dumb mistake. Thing is, now he's being watched by not just WAPO, but Congress, other owners, IRS, you name it. He's got enemies and they're coming to collect. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is a really great post.  I hadn't thought of it that way before in regards to tallying who they have and who they don't.  

Moreover, I would expect in true political fashion, that if the owners have the 24 votes, the owners with skeletons in their closet will be allowed to vote no to give them cover from Dan's scorthed earth. 

The 24 cleaner owners will vote yes to oust. 

Just a thought, but I don't know if it would play like that in reality. Squirrely Dan will have to be dragged  kicking and screaming out of the sand box. Might go scorched earth even if a owner votes not to oust him . 

I'm feeling pretty bad about hating on another human being this much, just me personally.  I just wish they would come to Mr. Snyder, "sell the team, move to Bora Bora, and do not use the internet, and we will drop all charges"  I just can't wish this much harm on another human being.  I just want him to the former owner of the Washington Football Organization.

3 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

So let’s say he does get pushed out.  I would imagine there are ways for the new owner to back out of any land deal if they wanted to?  I mean, what’s the worst ****ing place to build a stadium around here, amiright?  Really on-brand decision making from Snyder.

Bezos could build a Amazon warehouse there and build his stadium in DC.

• Haha 1

I totally believe there is a block of owners waiting on the findings of the financial issue, this entire thing hinges on the investigation Mary Jo White is conducting. With the signed affidavits by those who would know I think it's pretty clear this investigation may very well turn up nothing, I also think the league is steering White in this direction.  

In other words we once again got our hopes up for nothing.  I see no reason to change my plan to turn to the Ravens. I've been watching their games to familiarize myself with their roster. I'm convinced Lamar Jackson will never get to a Super Bowl yet they will be forced to pay him like he is Patrick Mahomes.  I am so screwed.  :(

31 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I totally believe there is a block of owners waiting on the findings of the financial issue, this entire thing hinges on the investigation Mary Jo White is conducting. With the signed affidavits by those who would know I think it's pretty clear this investigation may very well turn up nothing, I also think the league is steering White in this direction.  

In other words we once again got our hopes up for nothing.  I see no reason to change my plan to turn to the Ravens. I've been watching their games to familiarize myself with their roster. I'm convinced Lamar Jackson will never get to a Super Bowl yet they will be forced to pay him like he is Patrick Mahomes.  I am so screwed.  :(

Just a little bit more patience. There are too many investigations and real bad rap around danny boy, enough is enough. It's a mlatter of time and timing before they kick his ass, at least that's what I choosed to believe despite being mostly a doubting Thomas.

don_t-say-it-photo-u1?auto=format&q=60&f

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Just pledge full on into the Ravens. I agree with you that Lamar won’t take them to a SuperBowl.

If you are waiting for Dan to be forced out; you got a long wait. Even if it does happen; it will be 3-5 years down the road.

You can always come back after the team is sold. Though, I would wait a year; to see how the new owner is.

You already got that bad vibe from Dan in his first year and you should get a feel of the new owner after a year.

One more thing about Ravens; if they were bold, they would move on from Lamar.

I know it sounds like a good idea to make a clean break from this franchise and pledge your fandom elsewhere.  Just know it's not possible.  You can pretend all you want by scouting a new team, getting familiar with their players, etc. but be rest assured you will never be able to manufacture the enthusiasm and fandom that you once had for this team.

You can only pick one football team in life, and unfortunately for all of us - Dan Snyder bought our team and ran it into the ground quickly.  So badly, that he was forced to change the name he said he'd never change - but to a generic name like the Commanders where he'll most likely put a crap stadium in a crap location, that will last long beyond our years on this earth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Dude had one thing at least kinda going for him -- he could overpay to get players.

Now he can't even do that.

Can't even offer a competitive longterm deal for Terry because he isn't liquid enough to fund it. 

Unbelievable. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This just goes to show that, slowly but surely, the boycotting is working. I encourage all of you to refrain from buying merchandise or home game tickets until Snyder has finally ousted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

And go figure, we have a narcissist owner who won't just accept the fact that he alone has tanked this franchise from the top all the way to the bottom, and that the billionaire boys club of NFL ownership would prefer he sell and take off on his yacht to never be heard from again.  

So he'll do like he's always done, dig his heels in further and point fingers everywhere else but back at himself.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Dude had one thing at least kinda going for him -- he could overpay to get players.

Now he can't even do that.

Can't even offer a competitive longterm deal for Terry because he isn't liquid enough to fund it. 

Unbelievable. 

It is truly unbelievable at how incompetent one human being is. He killed something that was universally thought of as being unkillable. 

30 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

And go figure, we have a narcissist owner who won't just accept the fact that he alone has tanked this franchise from the top all the way to the bottom, and that the billionaire boys club of NFL ownership would prefer he sell and take off on his yacht to never be heard from again.  

So he'll do like he's always done, dig his heels in further and point fingers everywhere else but back at himself.

Once Ron's gone I wonder who he'll blame. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Interesting stuff coming the very next day after the team made public that they bought a land for a possible new stadium for 100M, then saying they are still exploring other options, just because the land they bough isn't ideal in any way.

This should tell everyone how mismanaged this team is.

Of all the scandals that are coming out, it should be clear to everyone that the most important and biggest problem with this little guy is how incompetent he is and doesn't deserve to own an NFL team in any possible way.

For that reason alone he should be out. He's the live personification of Peter's principle.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Interesting stuff coming the very next day after the team made public that they bought a land for a possible new stadium for 100M, then saying they are still exploring other options, just because the land they bough isn't ideal in any way.

This should tell everyone how mismanaged this team is.

Of all the scandals that are coming out, it should be clear to everyone that the most important and biggest problem with this little guy is how incompetent he is and doesn't deserve to own an NFL team in any possible way.

For that reason alone he should be out. He's the live personification of Peter's principle.

It’s almost at the point where he literally can’t afford the team.