Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, Peregrine said:

And lets not forget the #1 thing you seem to have forgotten here.  The Commanders have no idea what Friedman said.  Not a clue.  It was private.  Without knowing a word of what he said, they said he committed perjury, in what looked like a blatantly desperate move.  In other words, they said he committed defamation, damaging the reputation of Snyder and the Commanders.  Why havent they sued him for defamation?  Oh wow didnt think that far did you.  So if he doesnt sue them for defamation hes now discredited, but if they dont sue him for defamation they are brilliant.

Please change your name.

LOL, seconded! 

Attempts to assassinate Friedman's character publicly coming from Commie Central in 3 ... 2 ... 

There are a lot of Commanders fans who care about the team's performance, and know that under Snyder's ownership there have been precious few playoff appearances, a parade of starting quarterbacks, and a litany of missteps and embarrassing moments for a once-proud franchise.

We are the laughing stock of the league.  I can't even wear any of my gear, and I am north of the border.  

Question can someone simply buy out Snyder.  I believe it is called a hostile takeover.  Or is that reserved for corporations that are publicly traded?

They should be looking at Snyder's personal taxes as well.  I am grasping at straws at this point.😡

7 hours ago, sebestian said:

There are a lot of Commanders fans who care about the team's performance, and know that under Snyder's ownership there have been precious few playoff appearances, a parade of starting quarterbacks, and a litany of missteps and embarrassing moments for a once-proud franchise.

We are the laughing stock of the league.  I can't even wear any of my gear, and I am north of the border.  

Question can someone simply buy out Snyder.  I believe it is called a hostile takeover.  Or is that reserved for corporations that are publicly traded?

They should be looking at Snyder's personal taxes as well.  I am grasping at straws at this point.😡

Yep, that's for publicly traded companies. Essentially, someone (say, Elon Musk) buys enough stock from third parties selling their shares that the person has enough shareholder votes to control the board of directors. It's only "hostile" to the current management group, who usually gets fired and replaced with a new group.

A company with a majority of shares owned by a single person (or investment group) is immune from a hostile takeover, since no one else will ever have a voting majority over that person.

So, unless Dan has multiple personalities and one of them decides he'd rather sell the team and go sail around the world on his gaudy yacht, we're out of luck there.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Peregrine said:

And lets not forget the #1 thing you seem to have forgotten here.  The Commanders have no idea what Friedman said.  Not a clue.  It was private.  Without knowing a word of what he said, they said he committed perjury, in what looked like a blatantly desperate move. 

Actually that's not what they said. They said this:

"Anyone who offered testimony suggesting a withholding of revenue has committed perjury, plain and simple."

With that statement, they don't need to know ahead of time what Friedman said...

• Like 2

Letter from six attorneys general lists “potentially unlawful” conduct by the NFL toward female employees (from PFT)

New York attorney general Letitia James has posted the letter sent by her office and signed by five of her counterparts to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Wednesday.

While little more than one page in length, the letter is powerful.

The letter expresses “grave concerns” about allegations made by former employees of the NFL and reported on February 8 by the New York Times. The letter focuses mainly on female and minority employees of the NFL itself, either the league office or NFL Network, which is owned by the league.

This paragraph merits careful consideration: “We all watched in horror in 2014 when the video of Ray Rice striking, knocking out, and spitting on his fiancé was made public. In the aftermath, you promised to take gender violence seriously and improve the institutional culture for women at the N.F.L. These recent allegations suggest that you have not. Female employees reported that they were subjected to repeated viewings of the Rice video, with commentary by coworkers that the victim had brought the violence on herself. Other women reported that, in a training intended to improve sensitivity on the issue, they were asked to raise their hand to self-identify if they had been victims of domestic violence or knew someone who had. This is NOT doing better. Antidiscrimination laws in many states, including New York, prohibit employers from subjecting domestic violence victims, as well as women and people of color, to a hostile work environment.”

If those things are true, that’s a horrible look for the league.

The letter also points out that female employees believe they were “held back and criticize for having an ‘aggressive tone’ — an often unfair stereotype of women, especially women of color, who try to advance in a male dominated workplace.”

Then there’s this line, which goes beyond claims made by NFL employees and includes some of the allegations made against the Washington Commanders: “Other women described experience unwanted touching from male bosses, attending parties where prostitutes were hired, being passed over or promotions based on their gender, and being pushing out for complaining about discrimination.” The letter also notes that some former female employees have learned “that there were no records of their complaints of gender discrimination.”

The letter closes with a paragraph that doesn’t read like an invitation to engage in a dialogue, but a threat/promise: “All of this is entirely unacceptable and potentially unlawful. The N.F.L. must do better — pink jerseys are not a replacement for equal treatment and full inclusion of women in the workplace. Our offices will use the full weight of our authority to investigate and prosecute allegations of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation by employers throughout our states, including at the National Football League.”

The NFL should be very concerned about this. It demonstrates that Congress isn’t the only public body about which the league should be concerned. Prosecutors have extensive power and discretion. They can launch aggressive and thorough investigations, exercising the kind of external authority and oversight that the NFL despises.

In many respects, it’s overdue. And please spare me the “why do you hate the league from which you make a living?” nonsense. I love the NFL. And I want it to aspire to be better than it’s been. Thus, if current stewards of the league office or any of the teams are falling short of the standard that is routinely applied aggressively to players, that should be explored, exposed, and rectified

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, sebestian said:

No, I’m afraid we have no legal recourse in this situation.

You understand what I’m saying? No “legal” recourse…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Our offices will use the full weight of our authority to investigate and prosecute allegations of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation by employers throughout our states, including at the National Football League.

Start here: 21300 Redskin Park Dr, Ashburn, VA 20147

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

image.jpeg.71cff6c29c3df420f23d203277894559.jpeg

Too far?.....Too far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Well, the answer to the question is more of a YES and NO.

Nobody can say "hey, the Commanders are worth 4.2 billions, I want to buy them for 4.2 billions" and Dan would be forced to sell the team. That's actually how it works.

Still, almost everybody has a price on almost everything. And I would believe someone like Dan would have a price here. Because has it's been stated many times, he's not that rich outside of the franchise he owns.

So if anyone was coming out and saying; "Hey the Commanders are worth 4.2 billions and I'm ready to pay 8.5 billions to buy them." Dan wouldn't be forced to sell. But I would believe Dan would think about it for some time and would probably say "Deal" It would take guts and balls that Dan simply doesn't have to refuse such kind of deal (like Zucherberg refusing to sell Facebook to Microsoft for 1 billion or something like that back in the day...).

So you cannot force Dan to sell, until you make him an offer he can't refuse. Then the question is more, is there anybody that wants and can make him such kind of offer?

I really doubt it.

5 hours ago, profusion said:

All that gets you is the Tanya Snyder Era and/or Snyder Jr.

We need for the whole family to move on.

So if Danny bites the dust but the team stays under the Snyder family umbrella we end up with either the self-proclaimed fashionista of “ta-da!” or the kid who convinced his dad that his former classmate, Dwayne Haskins, was a can’t miss prospect.

Lord help us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Docs from the The Beth Wilkinson investigation?? WTF!!?.

Aren’t those documents under lock and seal controlled by a third party with orders not to share them with anyone unless BOTH the NFL and Snyder agree to it?

This would be a major deal changer if correct but I just don’t see how that happens.

My mind gets muddled these days and I’m not embarrassed to be corrected so if I am off base and misinterpreting things please enlighten me.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

10 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Docs from the The Beth Wilkinson investigation?? WTF!!?.

Aren’t those documents under lock and seal controlled by a third party with orders not to share them with anyone unless BOTH the NFL and Snyder agree to it?

This would be a major deal changer if correct but I just don’t see how that happens.

My mind gets muddled these days and I’m not embarrassed to be corrected so if I am off base and misinterpreting things please enlighten me.

ED9_IQSX4AAnXtP.jpg

• Haha 7

On 4/6/2022 at 6:16 PM, Riggo#44 said:

Except the league office is in New York.

The only thing the NY AG could do is go after a NY team or if something happened in the nfl offices. For us it would have to be Virginia or MD AG. Probably Virginia since our hq us in Ashburn. MD would be involved if something happened at FedEx.

49 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The only thing the NY AG could do is go after a NY team or if something happened in the nfl offices. For us it would have to be Virginia or MD AG. Probably Virginia since our hq us in Ashburn. MD would be involved if something happened at FedEx.

I am not sure how it works, or how the NFL is set up legally and how the teams are affiliated...but more pressure on the league office in NY is a good thing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The federal ag would be ideal, since they can go after anyone.

Ideal, but also less likely.

Plus, the NY AG can also go after the NFL league office for violations of NY law, which the feds can't do. NY employment law provides more robust worker protections than federal law does. If the league office actively covered up team misconduct, it's at least possible that the NY AG would be well positioned to do something about it.

Probably not wise to get hopes up, in any event. It's pretty clear at this point that the owners aren't going to do anything about Snyder except as a last resort--and we're probably a long ways from that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Where are you getting this from?

If one piece of evidence found in NY implicates someone somewhere else, then the NY AG will get those other states involved, not to mention the feds since it will involve conspiracy in two or more states.

And the pressure on the NFL HQ is critical as nobody who could get Dan out of the league gives a **** about this team, but put pressure on the NFL which affects the brand and ultimately the owners' wallets, they'll hire McNabb to make a Snyder worm burner under any and all buses in no time.