Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

What do you base this on? 

I think we'd all be rooting for a new owner to succeed, no matter what. I feel that even with Snyder as owner, we want the team to succeed, but not necessarily for him to succeed. I've always said that if the Skins won a Lombardi under his ownership, I would turn the game off immediately at the end so as not to have to watch Snyder celebrate.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I think we'd all be rooting for a new owner to succeed, no matter what. I feel that even with Snyder as owner, we want the team to succeed, but not necessarily for him to succeed. I've always said that if the Skins won a Lombardi under his ownership, I would turn the game off immediately at the end so as not to have to watch Snyder celebrate.

You are insane. Who gives a damn if that douche celebrates? Especially in that euphoric moment. Washington hoisting a Lombardi would be the greatest moment of my life in the 21st century other than my kids being born. No matter what I am going to be there in person and if for some reason I can’t swing it, zero chance I’m turning off the tv. No one is voting no super bowl. 

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

You are insane. Who gives a damn if that douche celebrates? Especially in that euphoric moment. Washington hoisting a Lombardi would be the greatest moment of my life in the 21st century other than my kids being born. No matter what I am going to be there in person and if for some reason I can’t swing it, zero chance I’m turning off the tv. No one is voting no super bowl. 

Did you miss the part where I said we'd be happy for the team, but not for Snyder?

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Did you miss the part where I said we'd be happy for the team, but not for Snyder?

In that moment you would turn off the tv? That’s just nuts to me. You would have to have a little sympathy for Snyder in that moment. I know I would. He’s a horrible person but if he can hold up the Lombardi more power to him.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 2

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

In that moment you would turn off the tv? That’s just nuts to me. You would have to have a little sympathy for Snyder in that moment. I know I would. He’s a horrible person but if he can hold up the Lombardi more power to him.

Uh, no. We have nearly 600 pages in this thread of people ****ting on Snyder enough to create a mountain of manure higher than Everest, much of it deservedly so. The team wins the Lombardi, I'm thrilled for the players and coaches. But I'll have zero sympathy or happiness for Snyder at all.

Of course, people in general are fickle as hell, so this doesn't surprise me.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Outside of Washington drafting and developing a generational QB, and Dan learning to butt out of football business, there is zero chance there will ever be a period of prominence under his ownership.

You can put that in CAPS.

What most all of us are rooting for are the coaches and players of whom we know are handicapped the moment they step foot into the facility in Ashburn.  

At best, we can hope for a one-off fluke run where a QB like Wentz and the defense gets hot at the right time and ride it til the wheels fall off.  I’d absolutely take that and cleanse myself of watching Snyder hugging the Lombardi by getting blackout drunk thereafter.

I cannot stress enough that this guy is in a class of his own in regards to literally turning everything he touches into garbage, football or business.  This is why I believe that even if by some fluke reason we ever end up with a generational talent at QB, I’m convinced he would do something or many things to ruin the gift he’s been given.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

Pretty sure he did

But if you need a direct answer, if you put two buttons in front of me labeled “win SB under Snyder” and “go 4-12 under a new owner”—I’d take the SB. As would anyone else here, which is why your post was so dumb.

Now maybe if you said “one unlikely SB under Snyder among a lifetime worth of business as usual” vs “a full rebuild with lots of losing under a new owner with the promise of a normal, competitive, properly run franchise at the end of it going forward” you’d have a battle. 

Noted.

To your 2nd paragraph...interesting.    I'd still take the superbowl...likely or unlikely.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

How do you come up with the logic that if they decline, it means he’s lying?

We all know they are going to decline and it indicates some level of guilt, same with the prior investigation and sticking to the privilege stance.

So just to be clear, if the Commanders offer the accuser a chance to testify under oath with the condition being their counsel can also question the witness, and the witness declines, it’s a clear indication the story won’t hold up under any type of cross examination or it could lead to a perjury case because it would be h see oath. 

If the witness is like, “yeah, bring it. The truth shall set me free” then the commanders are in deep stinky doodoo.

I have just gotten to the point with all of this that I believe none of these people are telling the full truth.  It was made very clear the testimony in front of congress was not under oath.  The woman who made the alllegations in front of Congress declined to be interviewed by Beth Wilkenson.  Dan tried to investigate himself which is a sign he wants to cover SOMETHING up.  Dan’s lawyers are insufferable.  

I think they’re all so cemented in their agenda at the moment, and Congress is using them as the platform to grandstand, they’re all being used and none of them are telling the whole truth. 

I have a significant distrust of Congress.  And unlike some here, I didn’t see their intervention as a positive step to remove Snyder.  Congresspersons act only in their own self interest.  And going back to their constituents and claiming victory against Snyder gets them nothing.  Most of their constituents haven’t heard of Snyder.  

They just want the platform.  They don’t care about the outcome. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Outside of Washington drafting and developing a generational QB, and Dan learning to butt out of football business, there is zero chance there will ever be a period of prominence under his ownership.

You can put that in CAPS.

What most all of us are rooting for are the coaches and players of whom we know are handicapped the moment they step foot into the facility in Ashburn.  

At best, we can hope for a one-off fluke run where a QB like Wentz and the defense gets hot at the right time and ride it til the wheels fall off.  I’d absolutely take that and cleanse myself of watching Snyder hugging the Lombardi by getting blackout drunk thereafter.

I cannot stress enough that this guy is in a class of his own in regards to literally turning everything he touches into garbage, football or business.  This is why I believe that even if by some fluke reason we ever end up with a generational talent at QB, I’m convinced he would do something or many things to ruin the gift he’s been given.  

If we had drafted Aaron Rodgers instead of Carlos Rogers and Jason Campbell we would have won at least another 1 or 2 Super Bowls under Gibbs 2.0 and dominated the NFC east over the past 15 years. That was a Joe Gibbs decision to draft Jason Campbell.

The NFC sucks right now. We can win the whole thing if we get hot at the end. You guys are underrating how good this team actually is despite Snyder. I don’t think Wentz is a one year guy at all. Dude can ball.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The NFC sucks right now. We can win the whole thing if we get hot at the end. You guys are underrating how good this team actually is despite Snyder. I don’t think Wentz is a one year guy at all. Dude can ball.

I said our best shot is a fluke one-off where Wentz and the defense gets hot at the end of the season.

What I don’t see is any period of sustainable success with Dan around, he’s literally predisposed to screwing things up.  It’s who he is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Pretty sure he did

But if you need a direct answer, if you put two buttons in front of me labeled “win SB under Snyder” and “go 4-12 under a new owner”—I’d take the SB. As would anyone else here, which is why your post was so dumb.

Now maybe if you said “one unlikely SB under Snyder among a lifetime worth of business as usual” vs “a full rebuild with lots of losing under a new owner with the promise of a normal, competitive, properly run franchise at the end of it going forward” you’d have a battle. 

Add to that we are about as close to new, competent ownership as we are to the Super Bowl. As much as I like Rivera and many of the players, they're swimming upstream with a 150 lbs of dead weight chained to their leg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To answer this and @Voice_of_Reason comments.  As for the Congress' juristiction over this?  You got me outside of the anti-trust component of football which is a privilege they get thanks to federal law-purview.   So their power is peripheral it seems at best.  But IMO it doesn't matter at all as for how Congress acts on this outside of exposing it if it went down.  

My take on this is my best hope isn't that Congress punishes Dan for some mishap that cheats the league -- its that the league gets pissed off and acts on it.  If Dan is guilty. 

So i don't get the consternation about Congress' teeth on this?  I get the concern of what can Congress do about it on the sexual harrassment part.  but as for the ticket sale component if there is something to it -- it would be on the NFL to act.  It's one thing for the NFL to blow off Dan's transgressions its another to be cool with him cheating on them financially -- Caplan who was the Athletic writer who is skeptical about whether Dan could pull off cheating on this -- also said in that same interview on the radio that if he did its probably the end of him with the league.

My understanding is the anti trust law only covers media contracts and the draft. The anti trust coverage is not nearly as strong as baseballs

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

if he can hold up the Lombardi more power to him.

Wow.  No, I dont think if assaulting people, destroying lives, lying, cheating and trying to drag his sexually harassed former employees through the dirt gets him the Lombardi, then more power to him.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

7 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dan also took over a team that won 10 games and the NFC east. Had 2 extra number 1s in each of the first two off seasons as a result of Carolina signing Sean Gilbert. We had a very good QB in Brad Johnson, among the most cap room in the NFL and we were set for a decade of dominance. Snyder destroyed it all in record speed. The amount of fail Dan has is unfathomable. We just pretend it’s not that bad to cope. 

Actually that was Dan’s first year. We were 6-10 in 98; after I think a 0-7 start.

7 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dude I still think well we won the division 2 years ago and when Kirk was here before that and in 2012 and 2 out 3 years in the playoffs with Gibbs 2.0 including a win in Tampa so it can’t be that bad. I’m kinda convinced we will go to the Super Bowl this year now that we have Wentz. I honestly do. It’s either some sort of traumatic brain injury or a coping mechanism. 

You are nuts about a SuperBowl.

This team has sucked most of the time.

99- division title and a playoff win

05- playoff win

07- playoff appearance 

12- division title 

15- division title 

20- division title with a losing record 

That’s hardly a stellar record.

16 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Wow.  No, I dont think if assaulting people, destroying lives, lying, cheating and trying to drag his sexually harassed former employees through the dirt gets him the Lombardi, then more power to him.

At this point I don’t care who gets Washington a Lombardi. I want to see one more before I die. It’s not an unreasonable ask. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just listened to AJ Perez on Sheehan, and he says there is no proof Snyder ordered it, doesn’t know the size of what was skimmed and doesn’t believe it’s enough to have him ousted.

Back to your regular scheduled depression.

That's quite a turnaround from how he was promoting his inside info several days ago...

6 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Just make it stop !

Chaos

Drama 

Malfeasance

Scandal

Distraction

WTF happened to football ?

Hard to get excited about anything around here anymore. 

Dan Snyder happened. There is no owner, not even Donald Sterling, this is more hated...including by his own fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And THAT is why I'm getting irritated with the media.  If you've got something which can get Dan removed, go for it. There was the chance the sexual misconduct allegations MIGHT have gotten there, but the worst allegation against Dan is he put his hand on a woman's leg 13 years ago.  I'm sorry, as I said before, that's every Monday - Sunday for Jerry, probably Iray, and a whole bunch of other owners.  They aint kicking him out for that.  So unless there is something REALLY strong and has a chance, just shut your pie hole and let the team just try and be a football team for God's sake.  

First of all, very good post. You proved yourself rational indeed. It's funny, many of the points you made were many of the same ones that I made for years as well. I too try to look at things as objectively as possible as often as I can. So, from a "he's a bad football owner" assessment of Dan Snyder, I think I agree with you. If that's where things stopped, I would basically be right where you are...and I was from about 1999 through 2020. 

I do want to hone in on the part of your post I quoted though. I used to get frustrated with the media because I couldn't understand how they didn't understand that all of this was bad for winning or how this would just make things tougher on the team. But now? Nope. The things that have come out since 2020 are just too much. I get that you believe that the worst allegation is Snyder putting his hand on a girl's leg at dinner 13 years ago. As an aside, I'd contend the worse part of that reveal was later that evening when he tried to usher her into his car, but I suppose that's a judgment call. But to me, the culture he's allowed to happen (which you allude to) are just way too much...the culture that led to the filming of the cheerleaders (I happen to believe he at least knew about it, if not was in on it) and led to a bunch of grown men acting disgustingly with younger women with immunity. 

At this point, I don't care if former employees or the media runs with anything they get their hands on because I tend to believe whatever comes out of Ashburn. We've heard stories for years. In the moment we've all kind of dismissed them or laughed them off...only to learn years later after people have left that things in Ashburn were dysfunctional or horrible. That makes me think that any random or wild allegation, even if not 100% accurate in every detail, has enough basis in reality to be worth listening to. 

And, since I haven't been able to actively root for the team to win since the cheerleader video reveal in August of 2020...I don't care if these articles or stories distract from the product on the field anymore. I'm free of that irritation now! I'm also fed up with all our fans just assuming that "every owner" is constantly doing all the things Snyder is being accused of (filming women nude, fondling women, cooking their books, suing fans, etc.). And no, that's not me believing they are all great men or that they haven't had their own isolated issues as well...but I would have a hard time believing that anyone has had the myriad of things that Snyder has had. Just because Kraft got caught doing one thing, Irsay got caught doing another thing, and Jones got caught doing something else - all in the past decade....doesn't mean it's the equivalent of Snyder being accused of all the things he's been accused of on a seemingly monthly basis. 

Anyway, much of this wasn't directed at you, @Voice_of_Reason but your post got my juices flowing...hahaha

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

If we had drafted Aaron Rodgers instead of Carlos Rogers and Jason Campbell we would have won at least another 1 or 2 Super Bowls under Gibbs 2.0 and dominated the NFC east over the past 15 years. That was a Joe Gibbs decision to draft Jason Campbell.

The Packers won exactly one Super Bowl with Rodgers, but the Skins would have matched or doubled that??? I think the combination of Rodgers and his ego/aloofness plus Snyder and loving stars would have possibly been a disaster. The talent would have flashed for sure, but the dysfunction on this team would have been a nightmare with Rodgers' personality in my opinion. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The Packers won exactly one Super Bowl with Rodgers, but the Skins would have matched or doubled that??? I think the combination of Rodgers and his ego/aloofness plus Snyder and loving stars would have possibly been a disaster. The talent would have flashed for sure, but the dysfunction on this team would have been a nightmare with Rodgers' personality in my opinion. 

I think the idea behind it was that Gibbs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McCarthy.

• Like 1