Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

They way you look at the Mary Jo White hiring depends on what you think the NFL is trying to do. Florio's impression that she will side with the league, if true, means that she'd be the hatchet person if the league is trying to ditch him, but also that she'd put her signature on a whitewash if not.

Interesting times.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, klwilkins1977 said:

This investigation is the end of the owner.  Wilkinson's investigation material and opinion HAS to be a part of any new findings.  Snyder is done.  If the networks and sponsors even hint at not airing Commanders games or not buying commercial time during airings Snyder will be forced to sell.  This is truly not about the women or the allegations for the NFL, but how this investigation's outcomes will affect business. Also, it's in the best interets of Snyder's other companies to dump and run.  He is almost assured over 3 times his initial investment when buying the team. It's time for a change and if Snyder is the Washington fan he claims to be, he'll do the right thing.

But Snyder won't do the right thing because he's proven time and again he's a vindictive, narcissistic, womanizing bully. The team is his toy that everyone admires and why they hang out with him...no team, no celebrity buddies.

I just thought of this...Snyder may be really angry that he's being investigated by the NFL but the Cowboys aren't. His spite may cause him to release more emails to smear Jerruh...and maybe get another Raiders coach fired.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

41 minutes ago, profusion said:

They way you look at the Mary Jo White hiring depends on what you think the NFL is trying to do. Florio's impression that she will side with the league, if true, means that she'd be the hatchet person if the league is trying to ditch him, but also that she'd put her signature on a whitewash if not.

Interesting times.

Yeah.  The one thing that I like is she was the person who did the Richardson investigation in 2018, and she confirmed the allegations and I believe the report was made public. 

What gives me pause is the team is outwardly embracing the investigation, which tells me they already know she won’t find anything. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah.  The one thing that I like is she was the person who did the Richardson investigation in 2018, and she confirmed the allegations and I believe the report was made public. 

What gives me pause is the team is outwardly embracing the investigation, which tells me they already know she won’t find anything. 

I hear you but I don't think that is neccessarily true. I think they may want to believe they will find nothing but that does not mean there is nothing to find. My guess is the plan to go along with it until they do find something then they will follow the same pattern other pieces of **** like snyder follow: 

1. Feign disbelief and continue to deny. 

2. Start to accept the results but distance themselves from the investigation and still deny any negative results as - ill-informed, taken out of context, made up.  

3. Begin attacks on anyone involved - with thier "inside knowledge" since they participated from the beginning and continue to deny as above. 

4. Step up the character assassination's until they can divert the attention from the team and/or danny and continue to deny as above. 

5. Go scorched earth on the NFL and other owners to divert the attention from the team and/or danny boy and continue to deny. 

6. Continue to deny, deny, deny. 

Question will be does the NFL have the stomach for that fight. My answer is only if the sponsors put enough pressure on them. Congress can make the NFL very uncomfortable and even cost them some money, but in the end outside the nuclear option of removing anti-trust exceptions they can't actually force them into anything. And I do not see enough support to go after the NFL. Not to mention Congress has thier own problems. But if enough high profile high $ sponsors pull out from the NFL in protest, it will move the owners. They will absorb anything except hits to their money. 

• Thumb up 1

21 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yes, it might not have been clear, but the committee can issue a subpoena.  I get that.  If ignored, the whole house would have to vote on contempt.

If you go back over the past several years, for political reasons, several people have simply ignored the House subpoenas, and really nothing has come of it.  And it should be noted that no subpoena has yet been issued.  The committee has demanded stuff, and the NFL has provided some of it.  They want the Beth Wilkinson report.  They haven't gotten it.  And they never will.  They want work papers from the Wilkinson report, and they're not going to get those either.  They've already asked for things which they haven't (and are not going to) get.  

And if Congress turned the matter over to the District Attorney, they have to choose whether they want to take the case and investigate or not.  Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't.  But that becomes a Justice Department decision and action, not a Congressional one.  

My overall point is Congress itself cannot really DO anything other than be an irritant.  Unless they are willing to open up the nuclear option of changing the NFL's anit-trust and tax exemptions. Now if they could bring THAT arrow out of the quiver, then we will start to have some serious discussions.  And FWIW, when Congress was investigating the Baseball Steroid thing, the reason they were able to do it is because they absolutely threatened the "National Pastime" status (and all of the fiduciary benefits that go along with it) as the key legislative agenda item to support all of the hearing.  

Up until that point, the NFL will basically do the bare minimum necessary to placate the committee chairs.  

And I'm absolutely convinced that Dan's lawyers are telling him to stall.  Stall as much as humanly possible, because there's a shooting chance Congress switches hands in the next election, and if it does, this issue is dropped.  

The NFL will be more cooperative.  As long as it's in their best interest to be so.  

Can someone explain why the NFL enjoys this anti-trust and tax exemption?  What's the story there?

NFL Hires Mary Jo White for Public Report on Snyder Allegations

"White’s background and expertise should be of concern to Snyder. She will know how to uncover obscured evidence, how to adroitly question difficult witnesses and how not to fall for diversions and head fakes. At the same time, White’s investigation will be limited in important ways. She is now a private citizen, and thus has no subpoena power. Also, witnesses who speak with White will do so voluntarily, in some cases, and not under oath. These dynamics can limit her fact-finding. Still, the 74-year-old shouldn’t be underestimated. She’s made a career out of investigating and in some cases prosecuting businesses and high-level executives."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, They don't have much other choice than publicly stating that.

Being against it would be like publicly acknowledging guilt from Dan. Plain and simple.

So they're kinda force to do it this way publicly (and still complain about it in close quarters) to look like they're clean.

I'm not putting much stock in this declaration. Honestly, I'm not expecting the team to go out publicly to say "yes Dan did those things but he changed so he shouldn't be hold accountable blah, blah, blah, blah..."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I took the embrace to mean they know she is in cahoots with the league and will do her best to not find anything.

I mean, maybe.  But she did confirm the charges against Richardson.

I'm not sure why they didn't just go back to Beth Wilkenson, to be honest.  

And if she is in cahoots with the league, it's possible Dan won't like the outcome if the owners have decided to turn on him.

Its all very peculiar.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Can someone explain why the NFL enjoys this anti-trust and tax exemption?  What's the story there?

I can't explain the exact why, but all of the major sports leagues are allowed to operate as a monopoly, essentially.

It does make things easier to run, it benefits the leagues, but in a way, with the amount of revenue the sport pumps into localities, it makes sense.  But it's definitely is a benefit to the league as well.

6 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Well, They don't have much other choice than publicly stating that.

Being against it would be like publicly acknowledging guilt from Dan. Plain and simple.

So they're kinda force to do it this way publicly (and still complain about it in close quarters) to look like they're clean.

I'm not putting much stock in this declaration. Honestly, I'm not expecting the team to go out publicly to say "yes Dan did those things but he changed so he shouldn't be hold accountable blah, blah, blah, blah..."

they could have just said nothing at all.  Which is kindof what i expected them to do.  Coming out as forcefully as they did was unexpected.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And if she is in cahoots with the league, it's possible Dan won't like the outcome if the owners have decided to turn on him.

Its all very peculiar.

I just get the vibe by switching it up and selecting someone other than Wilkinson it’s all a big inside job, wink wink ‘investigation’.

While the NFL may be upset with Dan, they don’t want Pandora’s box opened.  So let’s now pretend we care about the new allegations, sweep the old ones under the rug and miraculously find no reason to punish Dan.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Its all very peculiar.

I can't explain the exact why, but all of the major sports leagues are allowed to operate as a monopoly, essentially.

It does make things easier to run, it benefits the leagues, but in a way, with the amount of revenue the sport pumps into localities, it makes sense.  But it's definitely is a benefit to the league as well.

For the nfl; I think it’s due to TV deals. It allows for negotiating a common contract for all the teams. I think you can do that without the exemption.

NFL hires ex-Securities and Exchange Commission chair Mary Jo White to investigate Commanders' Dan Snyder

"White, who is part of the firm Debevoise & Plimpton, also was part of the NFL's external expert advisory panel on domestic violence. She helped review allegations against Dallas running back Ezekiel Elliott, who was then suspended for six games in 2017. 👏

At the time, an oversight committee spokesperson said, "Until the NFL holds Mr. Snyder accountable and stops hiding the truth about the outrageous workplace conduct under his watch, the League's claims about transparency and accountability will continue to ring hollow."

If Congress is not satisfied with the documents it receives, or if information reveals a need for more action, it could opt to hold hearings and issue subpoenas if necessary."

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

NFL hires ex-Securities and Exchange Commission chair Mary Jo White to investigate Commanders' Dan Snyder

"White, who is part of the firm Debevoise & Plimpton, also was part of the NFL's external expert advisory panel on domestic violence. She helped review allegations against Dallas running back Ezekiel Elliott, who was then suspended for six games in 2017. 👏

At the time, an oversight committee spokesperson said, "Until the NFL holds Mr. Snyder accountable and stops hiding the truth about the outrageous workplace conduct under his watch, the League's claims about transparency and accountability will continue to ring hollow."

If Congress is not satisfied with the documents it receives, or if information reveals a need for more action, it could opt to hold hearings and issue subpoenas if necessary."

The “hold fan Snyder accountable” thing is interesting because the NFL did fine the team 10M.  On most instances, that’s holding somebody accountable.

Im not sure what they want.  If “hold him accountable” means force him to sell, and that’s all they want, then I’m just not sure they’re going to get satisfaction.  

If the new investigation turns up either nothing or can’t corroborate the charges, then I’m not sure what the next step is going to be. 

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The “hold fan Snyder accountable” thing is interesting because the NFL did fine the team 10M.  On most instances, that’s holding somebody accountable.

Im not sure what they want.  If “hold him accountable” means force him to sell, and that’s all they want, then I’m just not sure they’re going to get satisfaction.  

If the new investigation turns up either nothing or can’t corroborate the charges, then I’m not sure what the next step is going to be. 

According to a Sheehan podcast this fall with Howard Gutman an esteemed DC lawyer and former Ambassador to Belgium - the fine was a farce.  Well worth the listen

https://www.audacy.com/theteam980/podcasts/the-kevin-sheehan-show-46664/howard-gutman-interview-on-wft-investigation-887628100

15 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I hope Tiffani Johnson will testify. MJW must come to the same conclusions made by Wilkinson, he's got to go !. No more NDAs !. One sponsor already turned his back on him, now we need FedEx, and the others to do the same. 😦

We might even see GHH back ! :)

Florio thinks otherwise though.

Edit : 10 Examples Of Obama's New SEC Nominee Being A Badass

Edited by FrFan