Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

52 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Will be interesting to see if Pittsburgh becomes more appealing to FA's as a result of the move

Having taken the risk of being outed from the league, he’s probably going to result in a degree of change in the league’s coaching recruitment process. Not only do the Steelers get a top coach, when he gets a HC role the Steelers will get a compensatory draft pick I think. Very clever move.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Will be interesting to see if Pittsburgh becomes more appealing to FA's as a result of the move

Tomlin is one of the most respected and successful HCs in the league with a 15 year track record.  I don’t think Flores changes anything in that regard.  

If anything, Tomlin is kindof getting the reputation Belichick and Saban have.  You go there for a year or two after you’re fired. They rehabilitate your reputation and the. You get another shot…

The thing I was thinking is would it now mean Pittsburg was in for Watson.  Watson has been linked to Flores.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Tomlin is one of the most respected and successful HCs in the league with a 15 year track record.  I don’t think Flores changes anything in that regard.  

If anything, Tomlin is kindof getting the reputation Belichick and Saban have.  You go there for a year or two after you’re fired. They rehabilitate your reputation and the. You get another shot…

The thing I was thinking is would it now mean Pittsburg was in for Watson.  Watson has been linked to Flores.  

Sure, Tomlin and the Rooneys have always run a well respected organization. This hiring should raise their respect level throughout. Yes Watson entered my thoughts as did many others that have played for Flores and like him in Miami and NE.  

Pittsburgh, always known for their top LB play now have an incredible extra defensive coach who should be a HC

I don’t like how little action this thread is getting the last few days, feels like momentum is slowing on new social media/mainstream media chatter until the next shoe drops. We need a big article on it or more news to keep it relevant. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

JLCs take on this is beyond idiotic. Look we all know the actual chances of Dan being forced to sell. But hypothetically let’s say it does get to that point there’s no way the NFL is going to vote him out while also saying Tanya gets to keep the team. The amount of negative press that would come from that would be insane. No if it gets to that point the Snyder’s would be gone. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

It's time for a culture change here on ES (EC?) as well. Our forum twitter feed, managed by the great TK, is full of questionable content. 😆

I certainly don't mind the pictures but, as I have stated before, it has made reading ES at work rather dangerous. I gather TK doesn't have control over what is posted on there though.

28 minutes ago, Conn said:
<accurate years>

They’re on the retreat! (on this one specific extremely easy and obvious issue) 

But, but, but Jason's going to be devastated about the annals of NFL history.

Still a weird word choice and hill to take a pretty bad wound on, but glad they fixed it.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:31 AM, Conn said:

I don’t like how little action this thread is getting the last few days, feels like momentum is slowing on new social media/mainstream media chatter until the next shoe drops. We need a big article on it or more news to keep it relevant. 

Yep, I was thinking this yesterday, too.  We really need that pressure to stay on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/21/2022 at 9:31 AM, Conn said:

I'd have to think that stories like this are getting the seat hotter and hotter. One can hope, at least... 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33350301/lawmakers-introduce-bill-eliminate-subsidies-pro-stadium-construction-citing-part-washington-commanders-probe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1