Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

31 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

If Snyder has to sell the team, I’m gonna buy so much ****ing Commanders gear it’ll make you dizzy. 

I’ll even buy one of those awful, black Commanders helmets with the stupid W right in the front and wear it to family gatherings. I **** you not.

Yup this is me. I refuse to buy any gear. Several years ago I bought a ST21 jersey so I could have one and never buy one again and support this team.

I will buy so much gear, attend games, etc. if Snyder is gone. He's the only reason I struggle with my fandom, because everything is tied back to him and his cheap, immoral ways.

I think I speak for a huge chunk of the fanbase who has checked out. We'll look for a reason to get back in, and Snyder being ousted would be by far the most impactful thing. Even more so than winning. Period.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

No way Snyder enjoys owning this team right? I mean I understand the income from being an owner but he can't enjoy this.

On the contrary, he loves owning this team because it's the only way people are forced to treat him with 'respect' and call him 'Mr. Snyder.' It's the only way he can get his childhood heroes like Theismann to hang out with him too. He didn't figure that he would actually be held accountable for being such a total sleazeball, that's all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The new owner may want to move on.  Actually, if Bezos buys the team; he probably charges to use this site.

Actually Bezos is obsessed with customer satisfaction and retention to the point of putting his employees and vendors down to do so.

So if anything this site would probbaly get a free revamp, fans would probably get prizes based on the number of posts per month, and some poor marketing grad student will have to work 20 hours a day to make sure every fan's need is met for no pay.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Conn said:

So it turns out the Broncos sale is an estate sale so it works differently: 

So IF we went up for sale it would be the only opportunity for the league to get someone that they specifically approve of in the door. Which could be a big deal if they’d really like a minority owner and a white billionaire is the highest bidder in Denver. 

The NFL would still have to approve the sale. Cooke' s estate trust picked Millstein and the NFL rejected it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Dan losing ownership is going to be the greatest thread in e.s. history. If it happens I hope it stays pinned forever to always bring us happiness.

It would, and it would consist of nothing but celebratory gifs, virtual hugging, and blubbering like we were just rescued from the Titanic.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The NFL would still have to approve the sale. Cooke' s estate trust picked Millstein and the NFL rejected it.

That was for financial reasons. Winning an “auction” for the team implies you offered the most, yes, but with an acceptable amount leveraged, of course. Otherwise you don’t win the auction.

• Like 2

I just heard on bmitch and finlay that Tanya made comments back in September on Schefters podcast that her and Dan had discussed whether they’d had enough but that it wasn’t the message they wanna send to their kids but what that does tell me is they’ve atleast legitimately thought about it to me that’s kinda a big deal. To me that says that it’s gotten to a point where it’s no longer enjoyable to own the team anymore. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

That was for financial reasons. Winning an “auction” for the team implies you offered the most, yes, but with an acceptable amount leveraged, of course. Otherwise you don’t win the auction.

Of course the auction would go to the highest bidder. Just like a regular sale would.  Probably someone needs to research this but since the NFL is a partnership of 32 teams; they decide who to let in. Maybe I am dead wrong. 

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Of course the auction would go to the highest bidder. Just like a regular sale would.  Probably someone needs to research this but since the NFL is a partnership of 32 teams; they decide who to let in. Maybe I am dead wrong. 

The whole point of my post you had quoted with the tweet was that you are correct in that that’s how it usually works. Usually, regardless of the offer the other owners decide who to let into their club. But the point of the tweet was that this situation is different in that as the team is in a trust for the family, they have to just take the highest (acceptably leveraged) offer like in an auction. It’s different from the normal process where the other owners have 100% control and say in accepting an offer or not.

Edited by Conn
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I just heard on bmitch and finlay that Tanya made comments back in September on Schefters podcast that her and Dan had discussed whether they’d had enough but that it wasn’t the message they wanna send to their kids but what that does tell me is they’ve atleast legitimately thought about it to me that’s kinda a big deal. To me that says that it’s gotten to a point where it’s no longer enjoyable to own the team anymore. 

That's primarily how I remember it after her entirely tone deaf interview with Schefter.  She painted it in a way that they could just float off on their billion dollar yacht and live the dream but they owed it to their children to fight. 

The only difference is now with Snyder directly implicated, that could throw a monkey wrench in her standing beside her husband.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That's primarily how I remember it after her entirely tone deaf interview with Schefter.  She painted it in a way that they could just float off on their billion dollar yacht and live the dream but they owed it to their children to fight. 

The only difference is now with Snyder directly implicated, that could throw a monkey wrench in her standing beside her husband.

Eh I’m sure she fully knows about the stuff that happened. However their feet weren’t as close to the fire then as they are now at present with pressure coming from the fans, media, NFL, and congress and they were already having convos about it. Ironically it’s largely Dan and Tanya’s fault because every time it was seemingly going away they would do something to bring it back to the spotlight. At what point does the fire get too hot that it’s no longer worth it? 

Is there anything else we can do as fans to make Snyder miserable and want to sell? Anyone got some 18 wheelers we can block access to his house with or something? Can we buy some billboards? What do we have to do to convince him we don't want him to be our owner. Nobody in their right minds wants him here. How do we drill that into his thick skull? I've boycotted the team financially for close to 5 years now. I haven't even bought so much as a hat. I'm just so exhausted by it all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Eh I’m sure she fully knows about the stuff that happened. However their feet weren’t as close to the fire then as they are now at present with pressure coming from the fans, media, NFL, and congress and they were already having convos about it. Ironically it’s largely Dan and Tanya’s fault because every time it was seemingly going away they would do something to bring it back to the spotlight. At what point does the fire get too hot that it’s no longer worth it? 

Actually, I doubt she fully knew about all the stuff that happened - particularly the newer information about Dan and Tiffany Johnston.  Last summer, their story was that Dan wasn't involved enough and that all the sexual harassments were going on without his knowledge.  This new testimony directly indicts him.

My point was that it directly helps our cause if it creates trouble for Dan and Tanya's marriage.

There should be a point where the fire gets too hot that it's not worth it.  Like I said, I think most guys by this point would have negotiated their sale and exit from the team under the guise of "I love this franchise too much to allow it to continually be hindered by the false allegations and misrepresentation of me as owner"  Putting the team up for sale, basically dims the spotlight on the allegations and makes it all 'go away' so to speak.  It provides an out for Snyder where he can still pretend he did no wrong but is 'doing right' by the franchise.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Conn said:

The whole point of my post you had quoted with the tweet was that you are correct in that that’s how it usually works. Usually, regardless of the offer the other owners decide who to let into their club. But the point of the tweet was that this situation is different in that as the team is in a trust for the family, they have to just take the highest (acceptably leveraged) offer like in an auction. It’s different from the normal process where the other owners have 100% control and say in accepting an offer or not.

I hope a minority wins that auction. Forgot his name but 2 bidders he’s going against have Peyton Manning in one group and John Elway in another.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I hope a minority wins that auction. Forgot his name but 2 bidders he’s going against have Peyton Manning in one group and John Elway in another.

I know who you’re talking about and can’t remember his name either. I know people were asking how he could afford it cause his net worth is “only” 450 million but apparently he’s got stakes in or owns several tv stations/ media companies that he could sell or be bought out of that would give him the capital to do it. I’ll see if I can find his name. 

Byron Allen has his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

In a statement made to Bloomberg.com, Allen had the following to say about his bid to buy the Broncos:

“NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft came to me in November of 2019 and asked me to take a good look at buying an NFL team.

And after serious consideration, I strongly believe I can help effectuate positive changes throughout the league,” Allen went on to say. “And for that reason, I will be making a bid for the Denver Broncos.”

Allen was a standup comedian at age 14 before building his own enterprise, founding Entertainment Studios in the early 1990s and purchasing The Weather Channel in 2018. Not long after, he partnered with Sinclair to purchase Fox Sports Networks.

Here it is. 

Here’s the dream. During the spring owners meetings; Dan is told the nfl is forcing him to sell.

Dan takes them to court but things are settled by summer. The team is sold and owners approve the sale at fall owners meetings.

The new owner fires the entire front office. He or she hires a Gm and lets the Gm decide on whether to keep Ron or get a new coach in 23.

Since we are unlikely to find that qb this year; the new Gm does whatever he needs to do to get that guy in 23.

The new owner builds a stadium in dc.

37 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Here’s the dream. During the spring owners meetings; Dan is told the nfl is forcing him to sell.

Dan takes them to court but things are settled by summer. The team is sold and owners approve the sale at fall owners meetings.

The new owner fires the entire front office. He or she hires a Gm and lets the Gm decide on whether to keep Ron or get a new coach in 23.

Since we are unlikely to find that qb this year; the new Gm does whatever he needs to do to get that guy in 23.

The new owner builds a stadium in dc.

Let’s not put the cart before the horse.

Or start firing people that haven’t been here long enough to loathe.

Should Dan get ousted, I want to bathe in that until my skin gets wrinkled.  No need to press fast forward for me.  Everyone can hang around for a bit while things get figured out.  No need to expedite anything other than moving Snyder’s stuff the hell out of Ashburn.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Actually Bezos is obsessed with customer satisfaction and retention to the point of putting his employees and vendors down to do so.

So if anything this site would probbaly get a free revamp, fans would probably get prizes based on the number of posts per month, and some poor marketing grad student will have to work 20 hours a day to make sure every fan's need is met for no pay.

I am totally down with that.  He can wear out 10 grad students for all I care. Builds character.  

Though, I doubt anybody is going to beat out @Skinsinparadise for number of posts per month.  Or @Califan007 The Constipated for LOLs.  per post, which clearly has to be a category.  

But I might be long-winded enough I could make a run at average number of words per post.  @Skinsinparadise would have the lead on that as well, except he posts so many tweets, it brings down his per word average.

• Haha 1