Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, Califan007TheConstipated said:

He was coach under Richardson...and lead the team in a cheer for Richardson when the owner had both sexual harassment claims against him and used a racial slur against a black scout.

So Ron is a piece of **** too, then. Nice leadership group we’ve got assembled here…

6 minutes ago, Califan007TheConstipated said:

He was coach under Richardson...and lead the team in a cheer for Richardson when the owner had both sexual harassment claims against him and used a racial slur against a black scout.

Gonna need a source for this one…

• Like 3

13 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

My problem with all this is how does his wife continue to hear all these allegations and stand next to him smiling all pretty for the ****ing cameras.

Running theory in my household has been that she’s basically the lady from Animal House and goes and chooses what players she wants. 

Theory only got stronger when Griffin said he was sexually abused or something like that. I bet it was her. She can’t be a normal human and still be associated with the Commander in Chief in any meaningful way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

The way I see it is that Snyder will block the release of the documents which are CIA protected, hence proving his guilt. I hope it will trigger a court investigation, and that the sponsors and medias will do their part. Wishful thinking :)

"As chairwoman of the investigative arm of the House of Representatives, Maloney has the power to subpoena documents not willingly provided."Link

I don't think you can subpoena documents protected by attorney client privilege, which I think is the loophole the league and Snyder are relying on. They can also fight it in court. If any of our high-priced legal team can correct me, please do.

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Gonna need a source for this one…

Ron Rivera defends decision to use disgraced Panthers owner as rallying cheer

Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson announced earlier this month that he’ll be selling the team he founded, just hours after a thoroughly reported Sports Illustrated story was published detailing years of sexual harassment, by Richardson toward team employees.

At least four employees agreed to “significant” monetary settlements because of Richardson’s behavior toward them, including one former team scout at whom Richardson directed a racial slur.

But Panthers coach Ron Rivera is sticking by the disgraced owner.

During his postgame speech to players on Sunday, after Carolina clinched a playoff berth with a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Rivera told players, “Just remember guys, this is about team. Everything we do is about team. The most important thing is about team, OK? All right, do me a favor – ‘Mr. Richardson’ on three. 1-2-3!”

…on Tuesday, Rivera defended his decision to use the disgraced owner as a rallying cry.

“What I’ve always said is I know nothing about that. I can only speak for what he has been to me and the players,” Rivera said Tuesday. “And that’s why I did it.”

(Loose translation: I’ve never been sexually harassed, so who cares?)

Numerous women allege that on Fridays, when employees at the team facility can wear jeans, the owner would walk through the office and ask women to turn around so he could admire their rear end and says things like, “Show me how you wiggle to get those jeans up.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/ron-rivera-defends-decision-use-disgraced-panthers-owner-rallying-cheer-171453302.html

• Sad 3
  • Thumb down 1

12 minutes ago, Califan007TheConstipated said:

Ron Rivera defends decision to use disgraced Panthers owner as rallying cheer

Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson announced earlier this month that he’ll be selling the team he founded, just hours after a thoroughly reported Sports Illustrated story was published detailing years of sexual harassment, by Richardson toward team employees.

At least four employees agreed to “significant” monetary settlements because of Richardson’s behavior toward them, including one former team scout at whom Richardson directed a racial slur.

But Panthers coach Ron Rivera is sticking by the disgraced owner.

During his postgame speech to players on Sunday, after Carolina clinched a playoff berth with a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Rivera told players, “Just remember guys, this is about team. Everything we do is about team. The most important thing is about team, OK? All right, do me a favor – ‘Mr. Richardson’ on three. 1-2-3!”

…on Tuesday, Rivera defended his decision to use the disgraced owner as a rallying cry.

“What I’ve always said is I know nothing about that. I can only speak for what he has been to me and the players,” Rivera said Tuesday. “And that’s why I did it.”

(Loose translation: I’ve never been sexually harassed, so who cares?)

Numerous women allege that on Fridays, when employees at the team facility can wear jeans, the owner would walk through the office and ask women to turn around so he could admire their rear end and says things like, “Show me how you wiggle to get those jeans up.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/ron-rivera-defends-decision-use-disgraced-panthers-owner-rallying-cheer-171453302.html

Not a great look.

Also adds to some of the reason Snyder may have targeted him.

Not sure I want to judge Rivera based on this article… because he seems to be a great guy based on all accounts… but this is something to wonder about for sure…

Not good.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, profusion said:

Women are generally more socially aware than men, and also more practical. I'm guessing she knew what she was getting into almost from day one. Whatever else Dan was when she met him, he was a multi-millionaire. I'm not saying she's a bad person (don't know enough to know), but I doubt she's been laboring under any illusions about him all these years.

I don't think Tanya deserves a pass just because she's a woman. History is full of enabling women like Eva Braun. Her interview where she said the women's claims were "ridiculous" shows which side she is on. Wouldn't be surprised if she posts some Twitter rant someday and tries to slut-shame the victims.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not a great look.

Also adds to some of the reason Snyder may have targeted him.

Not sure I want to judge Rivera based on this article… because he seems to be a great guy based on all accounts… but this is something to wonder about for sure…

Not good.

I doubt it’s a reflection of how Rivera views women or sexual harassment, more likely a rare lapse of judgement. At least that’s what I told myself when I first read about it lol…he doesn’t have a track record of anything like this—quite the opposite—but if the claims against Snyder are 13 years ago I could see him taking the same perspective of “I don’t know anything about that. I just know how good he has been to the coaches and players.”

• Like 2

Just now, Califan007TheConstipated said:

I doubt it’s a reflection of how Rivera views women or sexual harassment, more likely a rare lapse of judgement. At least that’s what I told myself when I first read about it lol…he doesn’t have a track record of anything like this—quite the opposite—but if the claims against Snyder are 13 years ago I could see him taking the same perspective of “I don’t know anything about that. I just know how good he has been to the coaches and players.”

Yup. I feel the same. Something to watch.

Though my guess is that he learned something and he just won’t say anything whatsoever.

• Like 1

Ron is loyal to a fault and and is way too militaristic to go against the grain of his superior, which is Dan and Jerry Richardson. He’s an idiot for this. 

Tanya has long been thought to be a bright person but from her first interview after getting the Co title you can tell she’s cut from the same cloth as Dan. An unaware idiot. 

i did find it odd on Wednesday how Dan introduced Tanya as the co owner and not wife 

Keim combining his latest podcast with another recent one

A.  He doesn't believe the NFL knew the recent allegation about Dan trying to push her into the limo, etc.  But they did know about the other stuff in the testimony

B.  Dan isn't liked by fellow owners

C. Other teams have had bad misogynist type cultures too

D.  Probably though worse at Redskins Park -- employees who left there felt liberated and understood how bad it was there when compared to other places of employment

E.  Dan has the reputation of treating employees badly there -- and he does it to both men and women and his behavior is a key part of the culture there

F.  Part of the reason why this team is so notorious for leaks is people that work there currently over the years and those who left don't like it there and are more than glad to share information especially if it hurts the reputation of the team

G.  The new people there are doing a good job to clean up that culture (implying Ron and Wright, etc)

H.  He thinks teams with bad owners around the league have won because they found that QB

I.  A great Qb can overcome a bad culture, citing Burrow among others as examples of that

J.  One difference between Dan and the other bad owners is Dan has impinged on the decisions about the QBs they've landed.  Suggestng he's incompetent and should stay out of it.  Citing examples like Mark Davis doesn't care for Carr, yet he backs off because his football people likes him so he defers to him

Reading between the lines of multiple Keim podcasts his thoughts seem to be more or less this.

Dan is hopeless.  But he does think that this team can win if they finally find a QB.  Dealing with both the dysfunction of Dan AND trying to win in the NFL without that QB is an impossible task.  But if they find a QB he thinks they can overcome Dan.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

That's my biggest wonder too.

I don't see it going quietly at Snyder's home nowadays.

She probably was aware of some of those stuff that Dan can be outrageous to women or such. But that Tiffani incident is a bigger thing that she could really turn on Dan.

Did you get a gander at Snyder's appearance?

Dude's sleeping on the couch for sure.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Zim489 said:

Ron is loyal to a fault and and is way too militaristic to go against the grain of his superior, which is Dan and Jerry Richardson. He’s an idiot for this. 

Tanya has long been thought to be a bright person but from her first interview after getting the Co title you can tell she’s cut from the same cloth as Dan. An unaware idiot. 

i did find it odd on Wednesday how Dan introduced Tanya as the co owner and not wife 

It's so awkward. As someone that has worked at two companies with a husband and wife working together it can be surreal at times. I don't think this situation is the same, I doubt Tanya does much actual work. But it just makes things super uneasy at work when spouses are bickering like they would at home in front of their employees. Come to think of it this is the 3rd company I've worked for with Husband and Wife. I need to cut this **** out. 

38 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I don't think Tanya deserves a pass just because she's a woman. History is full of enabling women like Eva Braun. Her interview where she said the women's claims were "ridiculous" shows which side she is on. Wouldn't be surprised if she posts some Twitter rant someday and tries to slut-shame the victims.

Maybe, but this is also an opportunity for her to be a billionaire by herself and get rid of Dan.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

You mentioned something no one else really has: the lack of empathy from regular women towards the cheerleaders. It's like the think they are floozies who deserve what they get because of their beauty.

Just like how Snyder and his lackeys treated them.

Thank you!

What some people don't realize is that the outfits, bodies, etc. are really not an option if those women want to continue with their sport. They grew up dancers and to continue doing it at the highest level (granted, that part is a choice) they must sexualize themselves. But that doesn't give anyone the right to assume they welcome the BS that gets thrown their way by drunken fans, perverted owners, etc. 

46 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

What I think could be going on here is Dan protecting the team ownership so that it stays with the family even if somehow he's forced out. 

I mean, if it ever gets to the point where Snyder just can't withstand the onslaught any longer and is forced to leave, what would that mean for "co-owner" Tanya? Would she be forced out too or would she just now become the OWNER? It almost seems like this has now been set up in this way to ensure that a Snyder will continue owning the team even if "Dan" doesn't. 

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

God damn, lumping Tanya in with Eva Braun is vicious! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

What I think could be going on here is Dan protecting the team ownership so that it stays with the family even if somehow he's forced out. 

I mean, if it ever gets to the point where Snyder just can't withstand the onslaught any longer and is forced to leave, what would that mean for "co-owner" Tanya? Would she be forced out too or would she just now become the OWNER? It almost seems like this has now been set up in this way to ensure that a Snyder will continue owning the team even if "Dan" doesn't. 

They would take it from the family. No chance they leave it to the Snyder’s. 

I was just giving this some serious thought--instead of doing something more useful--and here's how I see the bottom line.

Keim is wrong about a magical QB fix for the Snyder problem. Sure, maybe that works for a year or two, but if you want an annual contender, a team you can enjoy rooting for year after year, you need an organization that does things the right way consistently. We have 22 years of evidence showing that will never happen under Dan Snyder. It won't.

Now, about getting rid of him. There's no government solution for this, nor should we hope that the NFL will do the right thing for its own sake. It's solely about the money.

What we all want is the "Donald Sterling solution." Look at that situation, though. The NBA owners knew for decades that he was a piece of garbage and a terrible owner yet did nothing about it despite him hogging valuable market share in L.A. Once he put their sponsorships and the core business at risk, he was gone within a week or two. That's the key.

As long as it's just a bunch of us Redskins diehards and the occasional ambitious Washington Post reporter on the case, nothing will happen. Nothing.

If it ever gets to the point where Anheuser-Busch and Ford Motor Co. go to Goodell or the networks and say "Y'know, we really don't want to be associated with an organization that includes Dan Snyder anymore--he's putting our reputations at risk", that little SOB will be gone tomorrow. If he threatens nuclear lawfare, they'll ruin him--his children will be working at the grocery store in 20 years. It's not just the owners, but associated businesses many times the size of the NFL that rely on the league for advertising and promotion. They won't let that little jerk put a kink in the money flow.

So, the question becomes how we get that. That, I don't have the answer to. I suspect it involves credible allegations of racism, which we haven't seen yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

She is the 21st century paradigm of a 1975 era Stepford Wife. 

image.png.097933460ec25188fd0f4d6168811c70.png

1 hour ago, Califan007TheConstipated said:

Yeah agree.  And if we are going to skewer Ron for being a bad guy for that incident than Joe Gibbs would be outright evil in the same context.  If the crime is praising someone who we believe is a bad dude.  Gibbs has been by a mile Dan's biggest defender on steroids.  Nonstop.

By some accounts it was Gibbs who talked Rivera into taking the job.

Rivera is known to be one of the nicest and classiest dudes in the NFL.    As far as women go and minorities he's been a strong advocare for both in the hiring process and even kicked in to say things to help Flores.

Gibbs is also a super classy guy.  Great person.

But yeah its not unusual for being cool with a person who is cool with you even though other stories surface about said person.  I bet whether its Richardson for Rivera or in Gibbs' case Dan -- they were told the rumors are false and its a witchhunt, etc.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

I hope everyone that ever apologized for Snyder or who put down posters here who pointed out that he was incompetent and a buffoon (you know who you are) looks inward and realizes that they were wrong.  

Really, really wrong.  

That's far to lenient for my taste.

They should be dragged from their computers, taken to the public square and forced to kneel  while we gleefully pelt them with rotten tomatoes and sauerkraut.

• Thumb up 1