Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

59 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I still feel bad for Jason Wright to be at the helm of this. He is trying and he is intelligent.

It's hard to shake the disdain for the FO and decision makers and all the mistakes being made, likely from well above him and he is doing his absolute best to put lipstick on the pig.

I've felt like this for pretty much the entire time he's been here, however...

If the majority of the stuff that leaked last night is legitimate, I can no longer give him a pass for his part in this whole rebrand.  I don't blame him for the name or even pretending like fan input was vital in this decision.  Obviously, the name was going to be whatever Dan wanted it to be and he just had to play along.  

However, I'm baffled by the W logo, the swag, and everything I've seen and just can't believe he would allow this.

• Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Snyder is still involved, no matter what anyone says, and Wright is stuck holding the cards and taking the blame.

If that's the case ... Wright should resign today.

Nobody would blame him.

23 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

All of these has been done by Jeff Bezos' puppets so that the Team value skyrocket downward so it's less expensive to him to buy the full team as Dan will be pissed off and disgusted. He paid Flores and Brady to sue the NFL, retire and forced Pat Bowlen into selling the team just to misdirect everyone that he wants to buy the team for expired peanuts.

Bowlen been dead a few years.

Rivera not being there for the reveal is really weird to me. 

The coach is always the face of the franchise. Why assemble a group that doesn’t include: 

The coach

The GM

The owner

They trotted out the second bananas. They really are bad at managing these things. 

As for the name… I’m okay with it. It doesn’t sound bad. It doesn’t inspire or excite, but it’s okay. 

I think the name is dull. I don't like that military affiliation, it's just weird to me. But at the end of the day, I don't care that much. Just win some games. I just wished we would have kept the old "W" - the new one looks like it was done with WordArt on Windows 95.

I can't believe Wright had the nerve to say that this name resonated with fans.  God I am so angry.

Not even angry about how ****ty the name and the jerseys are, that was to be expected.  Just ****ing angry that they ignored the fans.  They said they were going to listen to us and they didn't.  

**** them.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can't believe Wright had the nerve to say that this name resonated with fans.  God I am so angry.

Not even angry about how ****ty the name and the jerseys are, that was to be expected.  Just ****ing angry that they ignored the fans.  They said they were going to listen to us and they didn't.  

**** them.  

Yup. That was a major blunder. Don’t feel bad at all for the flack he’s going to get for this.

11 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Rivera not being there for the reveal is really weird to me. 

The coach is always the face of the franchise. Why assemble a group that doesn’t include: 

The coach

The GM

The owner

They trotted out the second bananas. They really are bad at managing these things. 

As for the name… I’m okay with it. It doesn’t sound bad. It doesn’t inspire or excite, but it’s okay. 

Rivera is in California for his dads birthday this week. If he was in town I’m sure he’d be there

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Rivera is in California for his dads birthday this week. If he was in town I’m sure he’d be there

Not an excuse really. This was a planned event. Washington picked the day. It could have been any day or any week. They could have picked a time where the coach could represent. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Jason Wright can straight **** off.  Lying like that on national TV.

bull**** name, bull**** franchise……

My group of friends (35-40 years old) that used to go to the games, roughly twenty of us, we had about 16 season tickets between us. There are two season tickets left in the group. 

Of the twenty, only two guys still go to the games at least once a year. So far three people have completely dropped the team and 16 have not gone to a game in over five years. I'm debating after this whether or not this team deserves my time, let alone my money. 

This was an absolute cluster **** and a big **** you to the fans.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There is no connection to the past 80 years. They are clinging to the colors and hoping that people make that connection. 

This screams focus tested as non offensive. It's generic, it's pandering to both military and love for the country. The hope is that people can't hate something that represents the military and the USA itself. 

This is the most consulting group end to a name change possible. This is Jason Wright, this is what he was hired to do. I ****ing hate Jason Wright. 

This must be what it feels like when your parents divorce and you love your dad and think he’s really cool, but know a lot of people have deep problems with him.  But he’s your dad and you love him.  Then your mom remarries some uninspiring man that she thinks everyone won’t be offended by.  Now he’s your new dad, but you are too embarrassed to have your friends come over.  Yeah.

• Haha 1

I'm kind of miffed at how they didn't indicate, relay, or even acknowledge the George Washington tie-in.

Is this franchise trying extra hard to be PC? City is literally named after George Washington, who was the Commander of the Continental Army that gained us freedom from Great Britain. I know he was a slave owner, but the dudes the country's founding father and a literal "commander" for which the city is named.

How do you not make that connection, and instead say that we are a city of "leaders and commanders" give me a break.

That seems like such an easy tie-in and historical pride piece.

I mean the literal "Commander Washington" is the founder of the country from a figurehead standpoint. You have the reverse of that as your team name, and literally no acknowledgment or tie-in to the city, freedom, etc.

Kind of weird.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1