Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Regarding the tweets from last night with details from Tiffani and Denise: i told my dad about the alleged groping/inviting the former cheerleader into his limo. 

I’ve shared a few times over the years my dads job, not in much detail. He was the general council for Snyder for 6 seasons. He was in Snyders suite for every home game, plus for like 6 hours after each game too, and he says he never saw Snyder once put his hand on any woman (he did say that anything could’ve happened while he was out of the suite at a moment, but from his experiences, he never saw anything happen that Snyder is accused of —and my dad HATES Snyder, always talks about how crappy of a boss he was to work for, ETC).

Just wanted to share that conversation for some context. 

i do know this much: Snyder has for sure killed the fanbase and needs to be removed. 

Does your Dad's NDA prevent his son from talking about his experiences on the team messsage board? lol

I have a similar situation. Not my Dad, but someone close to me who was around Snyder and knew some people that worked directly for him. I have some stories that I have shared with other people in the DC media over the years in person when I have encountered them and basically got a "yep, that fits" ... mostly around Snyder's temper, weird sense for controlling everything, and occasional breakdowns. All of it fits the narrative of what we know publicly or what has leaked. People out there definitely have something close to what would amount to a smoking gun that would get almost any other executive in any othe rindustry fired, but this is the NFL, and they've clearly dug in their heels to protect the owners, including Snyder.

Now, most of this has to do with things that happened in the 2000s and early 2010s ... most of it seemingly around the mental makeup side of things. Could Dan have worked really hard in therapy to clean these things up? Probably. He's definitely changed his "image" publicly from an appearance standpoint. Maybe the guy has done some work, conquered his demons, and is more laid back and hands-off, but who knows if that's true.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

42 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Totally agree on the gradient SIP. I'm sure it is very fashionable but the way they have done it is awful. Looks like a 49ers or Cards jersey

Part of what i do is direct mail, so we do gradients from time to time. IMHO the best gradients fade dark to light.  All the white in it from the jump makes it look like a different color even though it isn't.

• Thumb up 1

While we're telling X degrees of separation Snyder stories...

My buddies ex-wife's father was a prominent CPA in the DMV in the late 90's-2000's and Snyder was his top client, as far as assets/income/etc.  He grew up a Redskins fan and grew to loathe them as a result of his relationship with Snyder.  He used to play poker with us and share stories, none of them good.  Everything in line with the narrative we've heard from numerous sources.  Nothing about sexual harrassment or anything of that nature, but everything about him being a complete and utter just all around awful person with zero sympathy/empathy for anyone else that believed the world stopped and started with him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It’s weird to me that people think the backlash to things lately will eventually get Wright fired, or should. He’s doing what Snyder pays him to do, be the mouthpiece and eat the ****. There’s no reason to think they aren’t both happy with the arrangement, it’s the job he was hired to do. I keep saying this but regardless of how prestigious it is, anyone who rose up the ranks at McKinsey is flexible at best in the morals department, and that’s the absolute kindest way I can say it. It’s only the fans who believed the spiel after he was hired for some reason who thought he was their voice in Snyder’s ear. It’s the other way around, he’s Snyder’s voice in your ear. You wanting him fired for these things or thinking he has any agency at all are playing right into Snyder’s hands. He’s taking your bullets, he’s the ownership’s bullet proof vest. 

Agree, I'd add.   When you are workiing for a public figure who is strong willed and opinionated like Dan, they typically don't let you run roughshod over their own takes.  The best you can accomplish is typically to sometimes (never always) convince them they are wrong -- the key for that from my experience is to pick your battles.  If you battle them on everything, you will get fired.  So pick your spots and accept some losses in the mix.

And i'll double down that there is nothing wrong with any of it from Wright's persective.  I don't consider it unethical to kowtow to your boss unless its in the context of hurting people.  Incompetence isn't cool but its not a crime either. 

The reason why I like Jason Wright is he at least comes off smart and competent.  And I've heard others who know him say he's a super nice guy.  That means something to me with this organization.

Conversely, if you have a snake running the operation like Bruce, good guys like Lafemina get fired and the public face of the organization (Bruce) comes off just as grating (at least it is to me) as their actions. 

Bruce as I've said before was the perfect marriage to finish Dan off with some fans.    A smug politician who was both sleazy and cheap -- and when he spoke he come off every bit of that image.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise

All of these speeches have been incredibly powerful. Seeing and hearing these things directly from the people and seeing that emotion is just incredibly powerful and absolutely heartbreaking. To think this was happening within our favorite team is infuriating. Just when I didn't think I could despise our grimy POS owner more. 

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Unless there's a groundswell against the NFL; nothing will come of this.  Since the NFL knows there will be different people running things next year; they will just stonewall things until the the change occurs. They know, the next congress will drop this.

It's pretty damning what these woman are testifying too but we know the NFL doesn't care.

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

No, but you'd think the blowback would.

You'd think right would triumph over wrong, but take a look at the NFL right now.

It's corrupt at its very core. And there is more than we know. There always is.

If the NFL's skeletons are darker than what we already know, Snyder will not be removed unless he finds himself in a jail cell. And in that case Tanya will be the owner. 

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

No, sounds good to me. A bit of a hollow sound, but no echo.

Damn, the Republican co-chair or whatever is all-in on saying "everything has changed" and defending Snyder in a way.

don't post on it if you can't keep ALL political comments out of it, even singling out one party for any kind of comment however 'harmless' you think it may be

no one should try to do play by play on the hearing if they can't keep all political references out of it

• Like 3